Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

47 minutes ago, books said:

the bureaucracy here has somehow made a playing a videogame about as engaging as waiting in a queue at a dmv

Yeah I agree, this server burns me out rather fast and I usually end up playing for like a week or two before going for a week long break. 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Jeroen said:

There's so much paperwork for legal factions it's no wonder that crime is so rampant.

Paperwork that doesn't even amount to much, either. We finally catch Michael Wilson for his fifth first degree murder caught on camera, and he's gone five minutes after sentencing, with Michael Bilson taking his place in the gang literally same-day 

8 hours ago, Jeroen said:

There's so much paperwork for legal factions it's no wonder that crime is so rampant.

The problem also stems from the fact that it seems like a lot of the paperwork is literally pointless busywork. I distinctly remember my SAPR experience being the one character leading member of the Animal Control Unit in activity (>90% of Animal Control Unit calls handled by me), and after each call we had to take a photograph of any animals that had to be put down, describe the attack/incident and what happened. Somewhere down the line a court case happened where someone sought legal action against SAPR and the judge asked for the statistics on animal attacks and animal control and the faction lawyer just stated that we don't have that kind of data when it's literally the only thing one of the units did.

In the same vein, but this was 2018, I also remember doing enormous amounts of filling forms and documents for the Fire Department that would honestly never be seen by anyone ever or looked at again, especially considering the fact that I was in a leadership position by the end of it. It's all fine and good but you definitely either need to have your brain wired a certain way to enjoy that rhythm or simply have no full-time occupation.

6 minutes ago, Koko said:

The problem also stems from the fact that it seems like a lot of the paperwork is literally pointless busywork. I distinctly remember my SAPR experience being the one character leading member of the Animal Control Unit in activity (>90% of Animal Control Unit calls handled by me), and after each call we had to take a photograph of any animals that had to be put down, describe the attack/incident and what happened. Somewhere down the line a court case happened where someone sought legal action against SAPR and the judge asked for the statistics on animal attacks and animal control and the faction lawyer just stated that we don't have that kind of data when it's literally the only thing one of the units did.

In the same vein, but this was 2018, I also remember doing enormous amounts of filling forms and documents for the Fire Department that would honestly never be seen by anyone ever or looked at again, especially considering the fact that I was in a leadership position by the end of it. It's all fine and good but you definitely either need to have your brain wired a certain way to enjoy that rhythm or simply have no full-time occupation.

I feel your pain dude. Duty reports were always the bane of my existence. Like after every time you went off duty you had to spend 10 minutes tallying up all your arrests, stops, citations, infractions, etc. Then adding up the total hours for the month and editing that post too. As somebody who was eventually responsible for reviewing those reports too; it was irrelevant for how much work was required. The MDC literally tells us your ABAS and submission statistics so having you do them manually in a forum thread after going off duty is just busy work.

With how many complaints there are about paperwork you'd think that it is a popular opinion, yet faction leadership often requires people to do it anyways.

I'm not sure if LFM tells faction leadership to require it, but it's one of the rumors I've heard.

20 hours ago, Koko said:

This is exactly why we do not do very much paperwork at all in PHMC. It’s pretty much all optional except for psychiatric patients since they tend to follow-up later. The only time most of us write out charts is if we have a reason to suspect they’ll be used later on. Otherwise we don’t bother. If we were required to chart every patient, there would be no way the faction would function.

• Upvote 1