Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

The previous individuals that have done this RP with permission from the Admin always went inactive when the investigation got close to them. They were never fully active and would kill at weird hours when LSPD and LSSD are at their lowest, thus causing a lot of the murders or scenes to just fly under the radar. Every time I prosecuted one, they had a distinct play to win mentality. You can already roleplay one if you have a reason and get approval; bearing in mind it has to fit your character.

Edited by Brett Love
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, TheSenate said:

As someone who was there the day LSSD opened, the original plan was literally a jail faction with a small patrol division made up of the more senior members. If you were not part of the patrol division, the only thing you were allowed to do was jail related activities. Then they opened up some "dual role" applications for jail deputies who wanted to fill in on patrol when the jail was well staffed, and a little while after that the entire faction became patrol deputies who had to do X number of jail hours.

Edit: In conclusion, yes, that is exactly what happened.

All LEO factions developed after PD seem to start promising to be based on one specific concept (jail RP for SD, passive RP in the city and state parks for SAPR) with circumstantial patrol/LEO powers and they quickly begin to demand to match PD.

It really is a shame for the people interested in the main ideas pushed to get the faction approved.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Koko said:

All LEO factions developed after PD seem to start promising to be based on one specific concept (jail RP for SD, passive RP in the city and state parks for SAPR) with circumstantial patrol/LEO powers and they quickly begin to demand to match PD.

It really is a shame for the people interested in the main ideas pushed to get the faction approved.

It is a shame. TTCF was supposed to be a really cool thing that was quickly abandoned by the people that promised to make it work. Jail is mostly an OOC punishment at this point with the state that SD left it in.

2 hours ago, Koko said:

Yeah I think it is super sad some of the internal struggles I hear ongoing inside SAPR. The idea of having a faction to manage the park and draw visitors is a kickass idea. It is so sad that some people are advocating to completely abolish that aspect and turn it into California Highway Patrol, as if we need a third generic patrol LEO faction.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
5 hours ago, TheSenate said:

Yeah I think it is super sad some of the internal struggles I hear ongoing inside SAPR. The idea of having a faction to manage the park and draw visitors is a kickass idea. It is so sad that some people are advocating to completely abolish that aspect and turn it into California Highway Patrol, as if we need a third generic patrol LEO faction.

As someone who was in the Park Ranger's first Academy, and who finished his SAPR stay after making it to Senior Ranger with 0 arrests, 0 traffic stops, 0 fines issued and 0 shots fired, and who spent my days walking around the parks mapping out animal populations into a little map I made while I wrote guides on animal bites and tree diseases: I agree.

Still sad that I felt like there was no place for that kind of RP there at the time just a few months after creation.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

As someone who was in the Park Ranger's first Academy, and who finished his SAPR stay after making it to Senior Ranger with 0 arrests, 0 traffic stops, 0 fines issued and 0 shots fired, and who spent my days walking around the parks mapping out animal populations into a little map I made while I wrote guides on animal bites and tree diseases: I agree.

Still sad that I felt like there was no place for that kind of RP there at the time just a few months after creation.

This is the type of shit I want to see more of. All I see rangers doing is hiding in bushes with the radar waiting to ticket people or responding to murders like they're the new local pd. I often walk into the state parks since I'm situated in stab city and I've not once seen a ranger up there. Sometimes coming from there but I have yet to see rangers just roaming in duos bantering or doing passive RP.

21 hours ago, Topinambour said:

What baffles me the most is the weird mix of IC and OOC in those replies lol. 

Omg that. Like it explains alot when you see people OOCly looking down at people because of their role, and obviously that's going to affect how they interact in RP too.

But on the other side its kind of funny because it's like one of those when art imitates life things, since it's technically kind of realistic for people to be biased in some way. Its just that no one is saying there shouldn't be IC punishment, it's just that jail acts more like a OOC punishment the way it is right now.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, L I C E said:

This is the type of shit I want to see more of. All I see rangers doing is hiding in bushes with the radar waiting to ticket people or responding to murders like they're the new local pd. I often walk into the state parks since I'm situated in stab city and I've not once seen a ranger up there. Sometimes coming from there but I have yet to see rangers just roaming in duos bantering or doing passive RP.

I was invited to a small Discord meaning to revamp the SAPR Academy completely and bring me and others that had an interest in the deeper aspects of Park RP on board to put the real focus on pasive RP, park maintenance, tours, conservation and community engagement, I provided tons of resources and reference materials, manuals, ideas etc. and then nothing happened and the channel was deleted. It's not going to happen at this point.

Shoutout to that one lady that got bit by a Coyote and failed a dice rolled Rabies check I suggested and got infected.

Spoiler

dSVZUFa.png

• Upvote 1