Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

22 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

pretty sure that was the original plan for sd. and then it was like "naw, jk. that jail boring as hell. i can't believe y'all fell for that."

As someone who was there the day LSSD opened, the original plan was literally a jail faction with a small patrol division made up of the more senior members. If you were not part of the patrol division, the only thing you were allowed to do was jail related activities. Then they opened up some "dual role" applications for jail deputies who wanted to fill in on patrol when the jail was well staffed, and a little while after that the entire faction became patrol deputies who had to do X number of jail hours.

Edit: In conclusion, yes, that is exactly what happened.

Edited by TheSenate
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

As someone who was there the day LSSD opened, the original plan was literally a jail faction with a small patrol division made up of the more senior members. If you were not part of the patrol division, the only thing you were allowed to do was jail related activities. Then they opened up some "dual role" applications for jail deputies who wanted to fill in on patrol when the jail was well staffed, and a little while after that the entire faction became patrol deputies who had to do X number of jail hours.

As somebody else who was inducted in the first SD wave, can confirm. The plan always seems to be doing the opposite of the plan. Like Davis station was the biggest "never in a million years" meme for literal years and look where we're at now. Way she goes.

Edited by Illusory
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Illusory said:

unknown.png

Something like that.

Then someone on Discord is like "Oh but there's an area where you can be released, in the jail, even if there is no deputy 😄 " but they fail to realize that... this area is not in your cell. And since the cells are locked 24/7, you can't get out of it. So you can't get to the area x') 

I had to /report for an admin to get me out after 3 days of trying /releaseme in the female wing lol, thankfully they were nice and let me go ^^' 

16 hours ago, sCrax said:

Exactly... People that say these kinds of things are usually LEO RPers that never tried roleplaying in a prison as a convict. I were in prison for 1 OOC month on one of my characters and I can count meaningful interactions on one hand due to my time zone. There were either no convicts around or there was a lockdown for no apparent reason. 

There are open court cases that started in early January... I know people don't want to sit on forums but 3 months to conclude a court case? Good luck to you if you pleaded no guilty.

Yes exactly, some of the responses here like jUSt dON't dO cRimE are lol

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Roleplay is boring.

Every moment spent RPing feels like wasting my life away, and even playing anything else would be a more productive use of my time. 

It was the most fun when I was 13-16 and had nothing better to do. 

GO OFF. I couldn't agree more, it's just not enjoyable and everything is repetitive or insufferable. I think with all the sensitivity and rules it restricts a lot of what you can and cannot do. When on SAMP there really wasnt any rules besides asking for consent or don't deathmatch. 

Edited by yemaya
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, girl you a mess said:

Yes exactly, some of the responses here like jUSt dON't dO cRimE are lol

What baffles me the most is the weird mix of IC and OOC in those replies lol. 

From an OOC perspective, criminals are supposed to be a part of the game and of the RP. Having criminals is a good thing, it means the server is working as intended, and has players engaging in that type of RP lol. 

Then those illegal players remark that in many cases, engaging in that (explicitly encouraged) type of RP, that is a central part of the game, can lead to punishments that are OOC'ly problematic.

And you have people replying "Then don't engage in that encouraged type of RP that is a central part of the game LULZ KEK". Like, bro, what? I'd find it funny to have people take it literally and go "all right I'll just go legal". Three weeks later, those same people will be like "server is boring it's only mallrats and erp there's no crime" xD 

Edited by Topinambour
28 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Three weeks later, those same people will be like "server is boring it's only mallrats and erp there's no crime" xD 

Exactly this does happen.  Months of complaining that there is too much crime, too many robberies, there are too many guns etc.  Then guns get restricted more and more (CCW harder to get) and new rules come out about no robberies in this place and that place or when there's a full moon.  And the same people who pushed for less and less crime say it's boring because nothing is going on.  It has become way too tribal and the cops vs robbers mentality has taken hold a bit too much imo.  Some people fought hard to encourage EVERYONE to try both sides, legal and illegal, so that they can appreciate both sides but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.  Take for example the thread about limiting the LEO helicopters - completely crazy reaction to what should be a simple matter of making sure both sides can have fun, but it just turned into a dumpster fire of them vs us and "who won".  Not healthy.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

What baffles me the most is the weird mix of IC and OOC in those replies lol. 

From an OOC perspective, criminals are supposed to be a part of the game and of the RP. Having criminals is a good thing, it means the server is working as intended, and has players engaging in that type of RP lol. 

Then those illegal players remark that in many cases, engaging in that (explicitly encouraged) type of RP, that is a central part of the game, can lead to punishments that are OOC'ly problematic.

And you have people replying "Then don't engage in that encouraged type of RP that is a central part of the game LULZ KEK". Like, bro, what? I'd find it funny to have people take it literally and go "all right I'll just go legal". Three weeks later, those same people will be like "server is boring it's only mallrats and erp there's no crime" xD 

The same people that write those replies are the ones that will rather take part in a chase or shoot-out as a LEO instead of doing some passive RP. Then they will complain about every illegal RPer on this server and say "don't do crime bro". Try calling cops when your vehicle gets stolen, chances are sky-high that no one will even bother to show up because they simply find this RP boring. Try to initiate a chase though, you will have 20 units on you in 30 seconds. But according to their brainless statement they would rather have a server full of cops and completely legal characters. Would be funny to see for how long they'd stick around without illegal roleplayers. 

• Applaud 1