Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

2 hours ago, sCrax said:

You guys need to realize that this is still a game. You already have to wait around a month or more to get a court case finished which is not fun for anyone. I had to wait 20 OOC days just to get a public defender assigned. Not to mention the OOC trouble that court cases bring which turns them into a big headache where player reports have to be made or LFM has to get involved. You complain about people renaming their characters but what do you think would happen if every capital offender caught a life sentence? Yes, they would just rename their character. And if your time zone is messed up you will just end up afking through your sentence or renaming anyways since there are no people to roleplay with. Deputies are already lacking with their activity in TTCF. Enforcing harsher sentences would just increase throw-away characters. This does not solve anything. Make a lifer character If you want to enhance the TTCF culture instead of shitting on illegal roleplayers. Some people find an hour outside their busy schedules to roleplay and have fun and they should not be forced to sit in an empty prison for 2 OOC months just because some judge or other party is lazy to reply on forums. 

This here sums it up yeah. 

I wanted to try and play the judicial game, because why not? So I got my character to contact a lawyer IC, and have the procedure opened - this was in February. 

The proper judicial thread was created about a month later - in the meantime, my char had the time to serve her time (in the female area that was empty 24/7 even at peak times), get caught again, serve another sentence (where I saw people only twice in an entire week), then get caught again and put on psychiatric hold, then released, and left to her own devices for several weeks. And now, each minor step takes from 2 days to 1 week because someone isn't replying. 

Now I'm not saying lawyers, judges, DAs, ... should have an obligation to reply quickly. Just like me they play for fun, if it becomes a boring job then it's just a no-go. But all those facts have to be taken into account: because of those various, perfectly legitimate delays, a prison sentence (or even a simple arraignment) can be the equivalent of having your character banned from RP'ing for weeks or months. There's a reason why so many people say that female jail = ajail. And given the kind of RP there is in the male ward... I may actually prefer ajail, frankly.

Also before someone goes "well CrEAte YouR OwN RP" well, I mean sure go ahead. Create a female lifer, and have fun /me'ing on your own in a locked cell (since they're rarely if ever unlocked). Have all the fun you want, nobody will prevent you. But that's not how I conceive RP, personally. If I wanted to write on my own with no interaction, I'd just write a damn novel.

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

This here sums it up yeah. 

I wanted to try and play the judicial game, because why not? So I got my character to contact a lawyer IC, and have the procedure opened - this was in February. 

The proper judicial thread was created about a month later - in the meantime, my char had the time to serve her time (in the female area that was empty 24/7 even at peak times), get caught again, serve another sentence (where I saw people only twice in an entire week), then get caught again and put on psychiatric hold, then released, and left to her own devices for several weeks. And now, each minor step takes from 2 days to 1 week because someone isn't replying. 

Now I'm not saying lawyers, judges, DAs, ... should have an obligation to reply quickly. Just like me they play for fun, if it becomes a boring job then it's just a no-go. But all those facts have to be taken into account: because of those various, perfectly legitimate delays, a prison sentence (or even a simple arraignment) can be the equivalent of having your character banned from RP'ing for weeks or months. There's a reason why so many people say that female jail = ajail. And given the kind of RP there is in the male ward... I may actually prefer ajail, frankly.

Also before someone goes "well CrEAte YouR OwN RP" well, I mean sure go ahead. Create a female lifer, and have fun /me'ing on your own in a locked cell (since they're rarely if ever unlocked). Have all the fun you want, nobody will prevent you. But that's not how I conceive RP, personally. If I wanted to write on my own with no interaction, I'd just write a damn novel.

Exactly... People that say these kinds of things are usually LEO RPers that never tried roleplaying in a prison as a convict. I were in prison for 1 OOC month on one of my characters and I can count meaningful interactions on one hand due to my time zone. There were either no convicts around or there was a lockdown for no apparent reason. 

There are open court cases that started in early January... I know people don't want to sit on forums but 3 months to conclude a court case? Good luck to you if you pleaded no guilty.

Edited by sCrax
3 hours ago, sCrax said:

You guys need to realize that this is still a game. You already have to wait around a month or more to get a court case finished which is not fun for anyone. I had to wait 20 OOC days just to get a public defender assigned. Not to mention the OOC trouble that court cases bring which turns them into a big headache where player reports have to be made or LFM has to get involved. You complain about people renaming their characters but what do you think would happen if every capital offender caught a life sentence? Yes, they would just rename their character. And if your time zone is messed up you will just end up afking through your sentence or renaming anyways since there are no people to roleplay with. Deputies are already lacking with their activity in TTCF. Enforcing harsher sentences would just increase throw-away characters. This does not solve anything. Make a lifer character If you want to enhance the TTCF culture instead of shitting on illegal roleplayers. Some people find an hour outside their busy schedules to roleplay and have fun and they should not be forced to sit in an empty prison for 2 OOC months just because some judge or other party is lazy to reply on forums. 

Everyone says it's not fun to be in jail. Then stop doing shit that will land you in jail for an extended period of time. Do you realize how stupid it is for a cop to put a character in jail for murder, and then see them on the streets next week acting like nothing happened?  You ain't the only one suffering.

People asking for realism all the time. Except when it comes time to answer for their crimes. Like explain how that works to me. I'm not trying to put it down. I want to understand but I can't. Because the answer is "Well it's not fun."

Bro you can PM me, we can have a conversation on discord, I don't care. But I gotta know. "It's not fun" is a cop out. And too many people talk about their fun per hour, and in the next breath talk about realism. And that's bullshit.

What I read was "It's not fun to R.P. in TTCF because nobody is online to R.P., because everybody wants to name-change".

They have a parole system, now, to give criminals a second chance, as-well. TTCF needs some love, and people should try to get active, on there. It's the best character development that I've ever had, on all of my characters.

Harder to say for females... but, male criminal RPers should be having a blast, in there, as it's been mad active, recently.

EDIT: If I had it my way, inmates would have to spend a mandatory of 50% of their sentence, online, with sentences being 4x longer than they currently are, while noting that the timer goes down by "3" if you are actively RPing inside of TTCF.

EDIT #2: Force deputies to work 5-10 hours in TTCF instead of 2.5 hours, per month. That's 2.5 hours a week, at bare minimum.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

It's basically admin jail. Lockdown 24/7 so even if there were other inmates, you'd still be left alone to AFK for 6 hours, even at peak server times. 

It's rough in there for sure. I had a character in the female block of TTCF for a week and I saw 0 other people any time I logged in at basically any time of the day. It was a 7 day ajail IMO.

23 minutes ago, Illusory said:

It's rough in there for sure. I had a character in the female block of TTCF for a week and I saw 0 other people any time I logged in at basically any time of the day. It was a 7 day ajail IMO.

I wake up sweating with my boxers covered in skids whenever I think about the times I've done a stint in jail as a female character.

56 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

It's basically admin jail. Lockdown 24/7 so even if there were other inmates, you'd still be left alone to AFK for 6 hours, even at peak server times. 

n if u finally meet another female char in there it's a gray haired badass who's in jail for murdering 2 cops, now flirting with female guards tryna get into some erp