Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, etherair said:

I'll level mine by severity.

We need more incel characters.

Riced out cars and rainbow coloured cars aren't even that bad when you look at real life videos and pictures of L.A

We need supercars to be available, even if just a lease.

Some trolls who have been banned shouldn't have been banned.

We need to stop letting Europeans be in government.

Adding onto yours, we should allow more edgy roleplay in general under permissions once more. Even if it's just fade to black shit.

A tutorial on how to send this server straight to SHIT.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, nwah_ said:

The server being set in the modern day is detrimental to roleplay quality, the amount of people just shamelessly playing self inserts is astonishing. (Hot model-esque char posting about their Elden Ring progress on Facebrowser). 

"Realism" is also retarded and shouldn't be strived for. Factions shouldn't be literally portraying real life gangs, organizations, etc. People should try and be more creative with things, and the never ending quest for "realism" shits on creativity.

To add onto this, if you're a 10/10 model who clubs every night of the week and owns a successful business, to rp also knowing a lot about video games and PC's is trash rp and you need to stop self inserting. 

• Upvote 1
On 3/1/2022 at 3:33 AM, Natala said:

Unless you play an American, Canadian or someone from South American as you main character, you honestly should not be out the mocking "people who play British characters." It is so toxic and unpleasant and seem to be an acceptable bullish insult to swing. Maybe there used to be a lot more British, but these days it seems like most characters are either Eastern European, Albanian or Japanese, which isn't a criticism, a lot of modern cities has a large influx of foreigners, but when those same players are pointing fingers at the brits because they are affecting immersion while speaking [Russian] ig, it is a bit silly.

Not everyone who roll up their very first character as being from their native country, is doing so because they are poor roleplayers who is only playing themselves. Choosing to come from somewhere familiar does not mean it also affect the characters personality. People pick their native or a neighbouring country because until you immerse yourself in the game world, this is an easy background that they know they can act out with ease, and when it is their first, it tends to be the character that 'sometimes' stick around the longest.

In summery: Be nice to people. Stop judging others. Stop beating this old dead joke, it is tired and not productive.

My two Cent.

Nowadays every character's last name ends in "ian" , "ov", or "ev". I've seen very few British characters over the past year, but I have witnessed Los Santos be taken over by Eastern European characters who call every woman a whore, in their native language of course, so that you can't react. Not to mention most of them dress and act the exact same. Talk about hypocrisy.  

Unpopular opinion: Too many Eastern European characters, too few Americans.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, ENDREAS said:

Nowadays every character's last name ends in "ian" , "ov", or "ev". I've seen very few British characters over the past year, but I have witnessed Los Santos be taken over by Eastern European characters who call every woman a whore, in their native language of course, so that you can't react. Not to mention most of them dress and act the exact same. Talk about hypocrisy.  

Next you'll be telling us poor Eastern European immigrants aren't gifted a G-wagon and blacked out old school Mercedes the moment they touch foot on American soil!

On 3/4/2022 at 7:43 PM, nwah_ said:

The server being set in the modern day is detrimental to roleplay quality, the amount of people just shamelessly playing self inserts is astonishing. (Hot model-esque char posting about their Elden Ring progress on Facebrowser). 

"Realism" is also retarded and shouldn't be strived for. Factions shouldn't be literally portraying real life gangs, organizations, etc. People should try and be more creative with things, and the never ending quest for "realism" shits on creativity.

Some people enjoy playing for the realism bit, which is fine. But I do agree fully. I think the biggest lie that's told in this community is that there is a strive for "realistic portrayal" when it's clear that it just doesn't happen. You're better off making peace with the fact that this server and community will never be realistic and that's just the vibe you roll with in-game.

10 hours ago, ENDREAS said:

While I agree, just looking at a name doesn't exactly tell the whole story, some people like me rp second generation immigrants who barely speak said language. 

• Upvote 1