Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

4 hours ago, Anders said:

Legal faction leadership salaries are way too high.

If anything they're too low. Why would anyone become a cop in this godforsaken city for 80K a year when that's in the average range for California ( San Andreas ) ?

The salary makes sense in the real world. In ours, in which cops get killed all the time? Not a bit.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
6 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

If anything they're too low. Why would anyone become a cop in this godforsaken city for 80K a year when that's in the average range for California ( San Andreas ) ?

The salary makes sense in the real world. In ours, in which cops get killed all the time? Not a bit.

preach, anders seems to think the economy is 1=1 and wants to hurt faction leaders.

34 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

You guys are driving me up a wall with vehicle leases.

"We need supercar/unique vehicle leases!"

"We don't need supercar/unique vehicle leases!"

If you think the Property Management team made a mistake on who gets what supercar/vehicle lease that is 'unique' I encourage you to reach out to me. 

You cannot all be pleased, find a middle point. 

To be fair PM dig themselves in to situations like this by unnecessarily locking vehicles behind applications that should be freely available on the server, I don't see why you need to write an application about your backstory and intentions as a character to own a lawnmower or golf cart.

Throwback to when people wanted the Slamvan Custom added to the server and PM snuck it in as a lease without telling anybody, I wonder what 50 obscure GTAW discords I'd need to join for an explanation on that one!

Edit: Might as well add the thread

Edited by BINGBONGBALONEY
  • Upvote 2

The server being set in the modern day is detrimental to roleplay quality, the amount of people just shamelessly playing self inserts is astonishing. (Hot model-esque char posting about their Elden Ring progress on Facebrowser). 

"Realism" is also retarded and shouldn't be strived for. Factions shouldn't be literally portraying real life gangs, organizations, etc. People should try and be more creative with things, and the never ending quest for "realism" shits on creativity.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, nwah_ said:

(Hot model-esque char posting about their Elden Ring progress on Facebrowser). 

Unpopular opinion on GTAW: people who think hot girls don't play Elden Ring would be in for a surprise, if they got out more 😛

2 hours ago, nwah_ said:

"Realism" is also retarded and shouldn't be strived for. Factions shouldn't be literally portraying real life gangs, organizations, etc. People should try and be more creative with things, and the never ending quest for "realism" shits on creativity.

We need to go deeper on that one. "Because it's realistic" as a reason for anything should be grounds for a perma ban. Next, deny all RL gangs, and even forcibly rename any "Bloods" gang into Ballas for shits and giggles 😄 

(in all seriousness though: the coolest and best portrayed street gang I've seen on any GTA V server was a group of Ballas, on a serv where in-game lore gangs were accepted)

EDIT: another one. If ped skins are added again, then Peds will become the new (M)s

Edited by Topinambour
4 hours ago, nwah_ said:

I mean I understand from the standpoint that we need to pull some real life content for knowledge and baseline purposes, but I totally support divulging from the norm and letting factions run their own path IC. I think sticking too closely to the real thing curbs the potential creativity because of the "oh this group/faction can't do that because their real life counterpart doesn't do that" kind of thinking. It paints groups into a corner that just eventually restricts where they can go with the story and development.

49 minutes ago, Matthew said:

What a lovely mindset for a Police Department member to have, I am glad they uphold their top quality standards! 🙂😇😂😅

Don't really see your point. In real life 2 LAPD cops die a year. In Los Santos you have dozens that die. Having the same salary doesn't really make sense. Why would anyone risk their life daily for an average salary?

If you think that line of thought is problematic idk what to tell you.

Edited by pateuvasiliu