Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

1 minute ago, knppel said:

It's not about how this affects me, it's moreso that I simply do not want to promote Philip Morris&co.

At the same time I can't be arsed to break character over this.

So the responsible thing is to use fantasy brands opposed to risk convincing anyone to try out stuff irl.

It's bad enough we promote irl weapon manufacturers imho, no need to expand upon in other areas of products.

In my opinion, merely mentioning something does not equate promotion. But to each their own.

1 hour ago, DeadPlaya said:

Did I not just say where the line is? In a perfect world cars would be renamed to real life brands and models but seeing as every vehicle takes inspiration from multiple cars from multiple manufacturers, it'd be a massive headache.

There is a lot lost by using "lore" brands. Did Henry Vapid invent the assembly line? Was the Vapid Model T the first affordable car? Was there a  huge rivalry between Grotti and Pegassi? Did Annis frame a man and directly cause a false prison conviction?

If you bothered to say, get off your high horse and ask questions instead of assuming shit with an air of superiority, maybe you'd find valid arguments. 

Literally agreeing with you homie, settle down.

- PD shouldn't be allowed to use voice channels during pursuits unless we allow the use of VOIP metagaming for the other half too. In our modern world there is a million ways how criminals could talk to each other in real time during a pursuit.

- Not roleplaying important real-life events (covid, wars, etc.) cause more harm than good because it takes away the opportunity from people to express their feelings.

- The jailtime people receive for crimes is way too low, not even in the right ballpark.

- The mapping team doesn't get enough love and recognition.

- There should be an option to buy dogs/cats for a fixed price instead of a monthly fee.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1