Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Mounting a curb at low speeds or at an angle should have a random chance to give you a flat tire if in a car, or make you fall off your bike.

Being low on health or being hit with a melee weapon / bullet in the legs should make you limp.

Edited by Amellis
1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

It's almost as if the Ukrainian conflict was currently ongoing, with active propaganda being spread as of this moment, while the Holocaust was 77 years ago. ^^' 

Eh, people are still affected by the trauma, today, with active propaganda from all sides.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

GTA World ranks among the worst roleplay servers in terms of laws, politics and rules.

• You're barred from roleplay that's deemed 'cruel' and 'unacceptable' by societal standards under the excuse of not wanting to appease to people with predatory or creepy behavior and/or characteristics. Murders, mass shootings, racially motivated crimes; as well as, rape, pedophilia, cannibalism and necrophilia are plentiful in the modern world. Prohibiting people, who by default represent a fictional character, to participate in such roleplay or fabricate a detailed character development is absurd.

Double standards, simply as that, what do you expect from people who are offended, for example, by some 3D titties of a video game character or detailed attributes? If it seems that there is more censorship now than in 1939, I don't support certain things described as pedophilia or necrophilia, but if both parties agree that they can roleplay what they want within limits.

Killing an entire block in cold blood with an M4 and beating a person to the head until all the brains are scattered on the ground is well seen on the server, a somewhat provocative photo is the greatest sin ever seen, burn that person, oh! the hypocrisy!

Edited by Dakimakura
On 2/23/2022 at 5:09 PM, Phased said:

I don't think there's a line to search for when the person says "It's fine for X but Y and Z are dumb."

Did I not just say where the line is? In a perfect world cars would be renamed to real life brands and models but seeing as every vehicle takes inspiration from multiple cars from multiple manufacturers, it'd be a massive headache.

There is a lot lost by using "lore" brands. Did Henry Vapid invent the assembly line? Was the Vapid Model T the first affordable car? Was there a  huge rivalry between Grotti and Pegassi? Did Annis frame a man and directly cause a false prison conviction?

If you bothered to say, get off your high horse and ask questions instead of assuming shit with an air of superiority, maybe you'd find valid arguments. 

12 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

Did I not just say where the line is? In a perfect world cars would be renamed to real life brands and models but seeing as every vehicle takes inspiration from multiple cars from multiple manufacturers, it'd be a massive headache.

There is a lot lost by using "lore" brands. Did Henry Vapid invent the assembly line? Was the Vapid Model T the first affordable car? Was there a  huge rivalry between Grotti and Pegassi? Did Annis frame a man and directly cause a false prison conviction?

If you bothered to say, get off your high horse and ask questions instead of assuming shit with an air of superiority, maybe you'd find valid arguments. 

See that is where YOU draw the line.

I for my part, having lost my dad to lung cancer a bit over a year ago, draw the line when in any way promoting the use of real life cigarette brands.

3 minutes ago, knppel said:

See that is where YOU draw the line.

I for my part, having lost my dad to lung cancer a bit over a year ago, draw the line when in any way promoting the use of real life cigarette brands.

My condolences but maybe if certain letters in a certain order affect you so strongly on a platform that's meant to realistically emulate real life, RP might not be for you.

2 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

My condolences but maybe if certain letters in a certain order affect you so strongly on a platform that's meant to realistically emulate real life, RP might not be for you.

It's not about how this affects me, it's moreso that I simply do not want to promote Philip Morris&co.

At the same time I can't be arsed to break character over this.

So the responsible thing is to use fantasy brands opposed to risk convincing anyone to try out stuff irl.

It's bad enough we promote irl weapon manufacturers imho, no need to expand upon in other areas of products.

Edited by knppel