Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

44 minutes ago, Paenymion said:
  • There should be cat ears for males.
  • We need jeans with even bigger butts.
  • People should be able to just go to a closed mechanic and use the menu to upgrade their cars without needing to RP it.
  • Highway Patrol, FBI, ATF, DEA, Secret Service and the Thot Patrol should be added as LEO factions.  Upgrade Port Authority to be law enforcement faction, too.
  • Cars should just autodespawn whenever somebody says "texture loss" in /b.
  • Coyote packs should spawn randomly in the city at night, with aggression set to high.
  • Speed cameras at all junctions which automatically take $500 out of your account if you go above 60MPH.
  • Property is removed without warning if you don't spend at least one hour per day actively roleplaying inside of it (property management tasked with visiting each house ICly to check).
  • Guns will jam if you don't buy a brush and type /usebrush [id] after firing it.  Brushes can only be gotten from suppliers.

i have the sudden urge to throw a brick at u and i don’t know why 

The fact that this thread & the serious posts in it get so much attention should tell you [administration, management, you] that these are not unpopular opinions, these are rather controversial opinions that people don't want to bother voicing because they feel it'll cancel them when they want to apply for things or just generally do things.

We know how that goes.

But we're your players, so you should perhaps think on some of the things said here. End of day we play here because we like it but there's no doubt in the air that once viable alternatives come forth, you will not get away with the unpopular stuff you put forth as administration. "Unpopular" is relative because obviously you can't please everybody and you want the betterment of the server above all, but 7 pages of "unpopular" (read: controversial) opinions should give you a good guess.

This will certainly get locked at one point. I just hope you've got enough will to realize there's legitimate concerns you should at least go "hmm" about and not disparage them when this topic inevitably gets locked (unpopular opinion? maybe it won't get locked? but prolly will.) Because disparaging them will make you lose players when people will suddenly get an alternative. Me, I personally like GTAW and I hope it topples more milestones than 1K players and stuff, and it's fun to be around. But the way forward may not be the way you've collectively been going on for so long.

Just notice how literally this whole topic consists of complaints about the same things more or less lol.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 2

Unpopular opinions?

- Every death where you don’t value your life should automatically be a CK. No exceptions. No appeals. 

- The housing market should be reset and price caps reintroduced immediately. This will prevent anyone from overpaying for a house from the get go.

- Money should not be a barrier to role play.

- People should drive more realistic. This isn’t Need for Speed.

- Warnings are over rated. Start banning bitches, CK’ing their characters and taking their assets. People might start to listen then. 

Edited by Cypher99

People use “realism” and “knowledge” as some sort of social ranking in this community. Criminal roleplayers use questionable sources and YouTube videos to try and convince one another that they’re the de facto authority on what should and shouldn’t be. Police roleplayers base their entire personality and perception on a multi-million dollar PR campaign the LAPD has been running in a poor attempt to hide it’s history and real life reputation. You’ll often find two players who both have minimal surface knowledge on a subject beat each other to death in discussions across the community. Most of the worst offenders are community gate keepers, and everything has to be a fight. Don’t dare to imply you know anything anywhere. It’s a toxic environment that is detrimental for the server’s pool of quality. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1