Temporary/Potential Performance Boost for EAC/Rage performance issues (texture loss etc)

liq

I won't bother posting the actual results because it's one setting and you should try for yourself. This works on all games by the way.

If you run an AMG GPU go turn Fast Sync on. Under the ‘Graphics’ section of the AMD drivers application, you’ll find the Enhanced Sync option. You will need at least version 17.7.2 of AMD Radeon drivers.

If you run a Nvidia GPU go turn VSync on Fast via Nvidia CPanel.

Set these as Global Settings or otherwise make sure they're application-based on both gta5.exe and ragemp_v.exe.

My FPS jumped to 120 with the mods that still work in. Texture loss just doesn't happen anymore and the game is super smooth. I posted this here but it immediately got support and so far I've got feedback from people running RTX 3060s going from 80 FPS with MSAA x2 to 120+ FPS with MSAA x8.

Note: I cannot guarantee this will work for you or that there's no texture loss, but it seems to help. What I can guarantee is it has for just about everyone I have talked to. There's no telling if it'll work on older hardware but I personally run an i7 10th Gen w/ a 2060 RTX and I jumped from 80 FPS with texture scaling down to 8th tenths via Baboon's(?) resolution FSR mod to 120 FPS with texture scaling off. 

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 3
  • liq changed the title to Temporary/Potential Performance Boost for EAC/Rage performance issues (texture loss etc)
16 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Where exactly is this setting? AMD doesn't have 'Fast Sync' from what I can see in the control panel? 

"If you have an AMD graphics card (HD 7000 or newer), you will find the Enhanced Sync option, which basically does the same thing as Fast Sync."

"Under the ‘Graphics’ section of the AMD drivers application, you’ll find the Enhanced Sync option. You will need at least version 17.7.2 of AMD Radeon drivers."

Source: https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-nvidia-fast-sync-and-amd-enhanced-sync/ — there's pics also.

I will edit the first post to clarify this.

Edited by liq

Keep in mind this causes input lag. It's not a big deal in slow-paced games like GTA V RP because it doesn't demand instant results from click to screen like fast-paced games such as CS:GO do, but it may cause instability in graphical spikes which V-Sync won't be able to handle fast enough in the event there's a lot of action going on. It's still a great performance boost and I recommend using it if you can compromise the input lag.

6 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Keep in mind this causes input lag. It's not a big deal in slow-paced games like GTA V RP because it doesn't demand instant results from click to screen like fast-paced games such as CS:GO do, but it may cause instability in graphical spikes which V-Sync won't be able to handle fast enough in the event there's a lot of action going on. It's still a great performance boost and I recommend using it if you can compromise the input lag.

The impact from Fast Vsync is like, almost none and definitely not able to be discerned by a human being. I saw it being tested on youtube and it was like 60ms with Vsync fast and 50ms with no vsync. There is no reason not to use this.