Claire-Voyance: Episode One

mah1na

ZfUnXRT.jpg

(left to right: Shawna Amato, Claire Skye, Kai Watanabe)

(Amato for Senator 2022)

[LOADING PODCAST...]

[PRESS PLAY]

* The beginning of "Do You Believe In Magic?" plays softly as the podcast begins. It goes on for a moment, before it's lowered to background noise. ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: Hey guys, I'm Claire.
* Claire Skye gestures to Shawna.
Shawna Amato says: And sitting next to Claire here on Claire-Voyance is me, Shawna Amato. Running the tech, and warming my spot on the sofa-bench. Welcome to Episode one... Exciting start, huh?
Claire Skye says: It's awesome. Now for our first episode, we're going to keep things chill and relaxed. Our guest today is my dear friend and the one who put this idea in my head in the first place, Kai Watanabe.
Kai Watanabe says: Hiya! Thanks for having me Claire. I'm excited to hang out. 
Claire Skye says: So am I! Sorry it was a little last minute. How've you been?
Kai Watanabe says: I've been pretty great, haven't been out too much but I'm glad to make time here. Also really happy you went out with this idea, I think it's awesome. 
Shawna Amato says: Well Kai, to let our listeners get to know you a little better. Why don't you tell everyone listening at home a little about yourself.
Claire Skye says: Yes, please.
Kai Watanabe says: Oh! Sure thing, I'm uh... well, Kai, as was said. I'm twenty one and I've lived in LS all my life. I love comics, video games, all that nerd stuff. 
Claire Skye says: So more or less, a perfect match with us.
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah! You guys are awesome. 
Claire Skye says: What do you do? I know it's part of how we met in the first place.
Kai Watanabe says: I got a few jobs down by Tokyo Strip, I work at... Tanuki, Shogun, and the Arcade down there. I've been pretty busy with life recently so I haven't been able to put much time into that. 
Shawna Amato says: Tokyo Strip, sounds like an interesting place.
Shawna Amato says: Can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah it is! It's a nice little place down in Little Seoul. Fantastic community, awesome people down there.  
Claire Skye says: Tokyo in Seoul. Cityception. Perfect.
Claire Skye says: And it was through Shogun that we bumped into each other in the first place. But it easily could've just never happened. You were on a break at the New Years festival and I was stopping to eat. What made you think to join me?
Kai Watanabe says: I was honestly wanting to meet some new people. I knew that you know Sen; manager at the time, and your hair looked awesome, so I decided to chat with you. 
Claire Skye says: I wish you guys could see my smile right now, oh my god.
Shawna Amato says: I guess that leads into a question I had.
Kai Watanabe says: Shoot!
Shawna Amato says: You are a Los Santos 'lifer' like me... So you've seen the city change over the years. What is your general feeling on the city now then say... a few years ago. Better... worse?
Kai Watanabe says: That's a great question, honestly I think that... I think in some areas it's gotten a lot better, and some it's gotten worse. I think the amount of positive, nice people I've met has increased, but I also feel a little less safe in the recent years. 
Shawna Amato says: I've noticed the same. There are lot of people who are coming to our city who are generally great people. But a lot of the street crime has gotten a bit crazy out there.
Shawna Amato says: That's something Claire was sharing with me before we started the show. If you'd like to share with kai and the audience, Claire?
Claire Skye says: Only moved here last March, but one hundred percent agreed.
Claire Skye says: And as for our conversations... we were talking about a peaceful protest turned riot that started at ten PM toni-. Last night, technically. My own experience of it is an hour late. I'm not sure if it was ever peaceful. Have you heard about it?
Kai Watanabe says: Oh, I didn't even know there was one. What was the protest about? 
Claire Skye says: A few days ago a popular member of the community, Kyle West- goes by Top Honky- was pulled over and executed by the police after they had already wrongfully charged him in the past. I read about it on Facebrowser- someone made an account for it.
Shawna Amato says: I'm just going to chime in and say I'm glad Claire said that name, no way I would.
* Shawna Amato chuckles quietly.
* Claire Skye chuckles along.
Claire Skye says [low]: Hard to say with a straight face.
* Kai Watanabe cracks up.
Kai Watanabe says: Aha, yeah I see. What was the progression like of it turning into a... not so friendly protest?
Claire Skye says: That's the thing- I have no clue. I said I'd be there, came in an hour late and there was a huge divide between a group of police and a crowd of half-or-so masked young people wielding bats. I regret not being there from the start, but I'm also glad.
Claire Skye says: Disclaimer: we're not against protesting, I can say for a fact that me and Shawna are VERY left. Friends of Kyle West please don't flame us.
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah, it probably wouldn't be as safe. I think it's probably impossible to have a peaceful protest in Los Santos. 
Shawna Amato says: One of the unfortunate realities of life in Los Santos. High street crime, and a contingent within the LSPD whom well... take things to the extreme as well.
Claire Skye says: Exactly. In the beginning I was debating on packing my bags and going back to where I'm from... though I can say for a fact I'm glad I stayed. Even if this city can be at times... and I'm going to be frank. A dumpster fire, and us the raccoons.
Shawna Amato says: We do tend to stray into politics, to warn our audience. What about you, Kai. What do you think?
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah, regardless of some of this city's flaws, I love it here. There's bad stuff in places wherever you go.
Kai Watanabe says: I think that this place has an overwhelming amount of positives, the stores, the people, I mean, there are groups wherever for whatever your into here. It's very diverse.
Claire Skye says: Oh definitely. It's just been so easy to get caught up in the negatives lately, and just straight up impossible not to if you or someone you care about gets caught up in it.
Claire Skye says: Glad we can think about the positive aspects of the city.
Kai Watanabe says: I completely agree. I think that reflecting on the negatives of this place can help us come to a better version of it. 
Claire Skye says: Speaking of a better version of Los Santos... I think I might just be sitting next to someone who could accomplish just that. Shawna?
* Claire Skye smiles Shawna's way, nodding for her to go on.
Shawna Amato says: Well, thank you for giving me a chance to hijack your podcast for a moment.
Claire Skye says: Heheh, it's ours.
Shawna Amato says: Yes, as I said in at the top of the show. I'm Shawna Amato. And a reason that we tend to dive into politics around here is that I am running for a seat in the state senate. District 30 to be exact. A newly vacated seat.
Shawna Amato says: My platform is pretty simple. As alumni of ULSA and having knowledge of it's sometimes toxic at best culture I plan to try and kickstart some sort of reform, or at least open up questions as to what is going on there.
Shawna Amato says: Along with trying to tackle the twin problems that Los Santos and greater San Andreas is facing... High street crime, and at least in the case of the LSPD law enforcement that is... at war against the citizens of the city sometimes.
Shawna Amato says: I am also a... supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and to go ahead and out myself here on the podcast, because I am a member of that community.
Shawna Amato says: So dear listener, I'd love your support.
Shawna Amato says: And thank you Claire, for letting me control the conversation for a moment there.
Claire Skye says: Glad I could get the message out there. On a side note- both of us hosts are LGBTQ+. If that influences your decision to listen, you are not our target audience. In any case, let's get back to what we were talking about before, shall we?
Claire Skye says: Tell us about some of your most positive experiences with the city. Could be recent, could be something from a long time ago that stood out.
Kai Watanabe says: That maid café was interesting, I'm not sure if... positive is the right word, but interesting. 
Shawna Amato says: Hold on a moment. That what café?
Claire Skye says: That's... interesting is a polite term for it.
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah, it was really weird. 
Shawna Amato says: I mean... You know I'm going to get you to explain exactly what a 'Maid Café' is to me and EVERYONE listening.
* Shawna Amato chuckles.
Claire Skye says: You walked into this one, Kai. I'm sorry, you played yourself.
Kai Watanabe says: Uh... well uh...
Kai Watanabe says: Erh... I suppose I did. 
Kai Watanabe says: Basically it's uh... well... a ton of ladies, eighteen and older, they uh... dress in maid outfits and y'know, serve food. Typically are very... serving. 
Shawna Amato says: Wow...
Shawna Amato says: I mean... I've not often been speechless, but wow.
Claire Skye says: ...It's exactly how it sounds.
Shawna Amato says: You heard it here first, folks: Maid Café.
Claire Skye says: Sorry, Purrfection.
Shawna Amato says: Do we want to endorse? Why not. Visit Purrfection for all of your Maid-café-related-needs!
* Claire Skye cracks up.
* Kai Watanabe chuckles along.
Claire Skye says: We're calling out so many people. I'm not looking forward to our comment section.
Shawna Amato says: It's the internet Claire.
Shawna Amato says: We could be playing a video of two puppies and we'd get negative comments.
Claire Skye says: I mean, true. Damn puppy haters.
Shawna Amato says: Well, instead of just endorsing Purrfection, Kai. why don't you tell us about one of the places you work out.
Claire Skye says: Yeah, please do.
Kai Watanabe says: Oh? Sure thing, so the first place I work at, Shogun, is a sushi and teppanyaki restaurant. The food there is wonderful. I love it. Second place is Tanuki, which is a massage parlor. Nice atmosphere to relax and blow off some steam for the day.    
Kai Watanabe says: Both are really fantastic spots.
Shawna Amato says: You also mentioned an arcade which.. immediately got my attention. Do you work there or is that just a place you visit?
Kai Watanabe says: Yeah, I sorta work there. Just not as much. Very awesome area though, good choice of games, good snacks, service, all of the above.
Shawna Amato says: We'll I'm going to have to go there. What's the name of the place?
Claire Skye says: Same here. I'm convinced.
Kai Watanabe says: It's called 1UP. You'll love it, I promise.
Shawna Amato says: So we'll add 1UP, Shogun, and Tanuki to the list of endorsed establishments tonight.
Claire Skye says: An unexpected aspect of the podcast but one that'll hopefully support the businesses.
Kai Watanabe says: They definitely deserve it.
Claire Skye says: Now, it's been us badgering you with questions so far, but I'd like to give you a chance to flip the script. Is there anything you want to talk about, or questions for either of us?
Shawna Amato says: Badgering with questions was in the job description, Claire.
Claire Skye says: I'm aware.
* Shawna Amato chuckles quietly.
* Kai Watanabe snickers.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Kai Watanabe says: I guess I got one. What influenced you to go out with my idea?
Claire Skye says: It was a discussion with Shawna here that actually got the gears turning. We were at Tatavium 24/7- endorsed- having sludgies when she asked me what I was planning on doing now. Your idea popped into my mind. I just mentioned it, not expecting it to become, well. This. She hyped up the idea so much, our minds went haywire thinking up ideas, we were so hyped by the time we were heading home that there was no doubt this would be a thing.
Claire Skye says: You both made Claire-Voyance possible.
Shawna Amato says: Honestly even if two people and their dog listen to this it's still worth putting it out there.
Claire Skye says: A little something for the dog listening. WHO'S A GOOD PUPPY?
* Kai Watanabe snickers.
Kai Watanabe says: That's an awesome story, I'm super happy it happened. 
Claire Skye says: Me too, and I hope you guys listening in are happy it did too.
Shawna Amato says: Speaking of... We are nearing that time when we are out of it for this episode. Do you have anything else you'd like to speak on tonight, Claire?
Claire Skye says: What I wanted to speak on has been spoke on. Kyle West didn't deserve to die, but becoming an angry mob is only going to make things worse for everyone involved.
Shawna Amato says: Salient point, Claire. And out guest, Kai. Anything you'd like to bring up?
Kai Watanabe says: Not particularly, I just want to thank you guys for having me! This was a blast.
Shawna Amato says: And I'd like to thank you all out there for spending a little bit of time here with us tonight.
Shawna Amato says: Remember to watch out for each other. Love like there is no tomorrow and of course...
Shawna Amato says: Vote Amato 2022.
* Shawna Amato chuckles.
Claire Skye says: Glad you dropped by. Next episode, if all goes well, we'll be going into the longstanding corruption of the University of Los Santos San Andreas and how it has gone from prestigious to obnoxious. Keep an eye out. Be safe out there guys. Amato 2022.
* Kai Watanabe giggles.
Kai Watanabe says: Yus, Amato 2022.

Comments-

Username:

Comment:

Edited by mah1na
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1