Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

16 minutes ago, Phased said:

Nobody is asking you to sit on the sidelines, they are asking you to roleplay injuries on a roleplay server past a six word /do and then sprinting back out to get more W's.

One side only has to wait until the RP around the scene they got injured is done, the other is required to wait regardless of if the RP is done or not. Its a double standard and shouldnt be like this.

Just now, PeopleKind said:

One side only has to wait until the RP around the scene they got injured is done, the other is required to wait regardless of if the RP is done or not. Its a double standard and shouldnt be like this.

There's no sides, this isn't a cops and robbers server.   

7 minutes ago, Phased said:

There's no sides, this isn't a cops and robbers server.   

Okay then explain to me why regular players can jump right back into RP the second the scene finishes, yet LEOs cant go on duty and go patrol somewhere not even related to the scene regardless if the RP is finished or not? If theres no sides, as you claim, why is it different because you RP as a cop? If there were no sides, it would be the same rule for EVERYONE. So.

2 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Okay then explain to me why regular players can jump right back into RP the second the scene finishes, yet LEOs cant go on duty and go patrol somewhere not even related to the scene regardless if the RP is finished or not? If theres no sides, as you claim, why is it different because you RP as a cop? If there were no sides, it would be the same rule for EVERYONE. So.

Because if you're not a law enforcement officer, you're probably not going to accidentally get involved in the pursuit of the person who injured you, or investigate your own injury?   You also don't lose anything by being injured as a law enforcement officer, people roleplaying criminals will likely lose out on weapons, drugs and other assets from either LEO's or people robbing them.  Even if you do lose a gun as a law enforcement officer you can type one word and spawn a new free gun.  You need to stop seeing things as being against you and see that things are done with rhyme and reason.

These rules aren't the server administration whipping out a tombola, there's thought and discussion that goes into these things.  

I feel this rule was just poorly written and interpret it as: everyone is expected to roleplay their injuries in a satisfactory manner. That means, to me, even small injuries should take more than an hour to begin with, so writing the hour term in is pointless in and of itself. Running straight from the hospital FD dropped you off, to your home, isn't roleplaying injuries after all, despite there having been a few emotes. The standard of the server should be higher than us needing these elaborate rules and speaks volumes on the lack of the high standard the server advocates. Writing in the hour period will, I expect, indeed lead to OOC motivation to engage in shooting people out of a situation, so there's no opposition or consequences.

41 minutes ago, Phased said:

Because if you're not a law enforcement officer, you're probably not going to accidentally get involved in the pursuit of the person who injured you, or investigate your own injury?   You also don't lose anything by being injured as a law enforcement officer, people roleplaying criminals will likely lose out on weapons, drugs and other assets from either LEO's or people robbing them.  Even if you do lose a gun as a law enforcement officer you can type one word and spawn a new free gun.  You need to stop seeing things as being against you and see that things are done with rhyme and reason.

These rules aren't the server administration whipping out a tombola, there's thought and discussion that goes into these things.  

Now that I think of it, you're right. Most of the time as an LEO when you get shot or injured, the RP around treatment takes an hour+ to begin with, so, not sure why I'm overthinking it lol

3 hours ago, Phased said:

Nobody is asking you to sit on the sidelines, they are asking you to roleplay injuries on a roleplay server past a six word /do and then sprinting back out to get more W's.

Well... to be fully fair, "roleplay injuries on a roleplay server". On my time zone - don't know about yours - but PHMC is empty. As in, it's the desert, there is literally zero people in there. What kind of RP am I supposed to do, all on my own, in there? 😕 

"Roleplay server" is nice, but roleplay implies interaction - and Rp'ing injuries on your own in an empty hospital is not really the most amazing character development around, sadly :x 

There's a lot of cool RP to be had around injury recovery. Did it myself a fair few times - concussion aftereffects, rehab, phys ed, needing a friend's help more often, ... but not being allowed to get out of an empty hospital "because it's not realistic"... it's basically the same as being ajailed, except you're just in an empty PHMC instead. :x 

Edited by Topinambour

There's some serious disconnect between the people here who have played as an LEO character and those that haven't. On average, I get into at least one shootout a day as a detective. Right now the gun market is completely oversaturated, and the current rules encourage people to shoot out rather than cuff up.

I get into a shootout more often than I'm able to effect an arrest. That should speak volumes about the current state of the server, the priorities of I/LFM, and just how silly this rule is. If this rule were to actually be enforced, which I can confidently say it won't be, and if LEOs were actually going to abide by it, you'd legitimately the cop population drop by about half at any given time due purely to injury RP.

Edited by Bartolomeo
  • Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Well... to be fully fair, "roleplay injuries on a roleplay server". On my time zone - don't know about yours - but PHMC is empty. As in, it's the desert, there is literally zero people in there. What kind of RP am I supposed to do, all on my own, in there? 😕 

"Roleplay server" is nice, but roleplay implies interaction - and Rp'ing injuries on your own in an empty hospital is not really the most amazing character development around, sadly :x 

There's a lot of cool RP to be had around injury recovery. Did it myself a fair few times - concussion aftereffects, rehab, phys ed, needing a friend's help more often, ... but not being allowed to get out of an empty hospital "because it's not realistic"... it's basically the same as being ajailed, except you're just in an empty PHMC instead. :x 

However, I'd argue that any day of the week hopping back into a cruiser and speeding off minutes later is substantially worse roleplay than having to NPC a doctor.   Every time I've seen a deputy get shot I've seen 3-4 deputies following to speak to them in hospital. That might just be because of unit relations but I've never seen someone starved of roleplay opportunities in a recovery room, even if it's just chatting shit with the injured deputy to tell them they are a hero for doing their job.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

If you consider this a punishment or some sort of timeout it speaks volumes about your roleplay and mentality. All that is asked of you is to roleplay accordingly. 

It has basically nothing to do with anyone's mentality or role-play abilities. There are people who spend a lot of time online and, as a(n obvious) result, get injured a lot, one way or another. This would turn 25%-50% of their playtime into role-playing various injuries, over and over again, which is anything but realistic. Do you think that, realistically speaking, a police officer can survive getting shot, say, 5 times, each time with 4-5 bullets, being ran into, being ran over a few times, stomped out of consciousness, stabbed, hit, and also get in various crashes in all sorts of cases? No human being could realistically survive that, let alone return on the job, ever. Yet if you play for, say, 6 hours a day, you'll get all that by the end of the month. There's nothing realistic about it.

Role-playing injuries and the aftermath should be a must for everone. How much emphasis someone puts on a specific scenario and its repercussions should, however, be up to everyone. There's no point in forcing someone to role-play something in this way. They'll do it because they have to more than because they want to and no one will enjoy it.