Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Yeah how dare people with limited time be upset when rules are specifically made to target the type of roleplay they enjoy.

The same thing can be said about forced jail time when the jail is empty. I guess its common in roleplay servers for people to be all for heavier roleplay standards all the way up until those standards impact them, this thread is a perfect example of that. If being forced out of the type of RP you want to do for a little while is such an inconvenience then I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, can said:

LEO's fine with sending criminals to jail for weeks or months, but make a rule that stops them from going on duty for an hour after getting killed, promoting fear RP and make sure they don't break PK rules????? how could you!?

Not sure what server you play on. Jail time on GTA World ranges from hours to days, worst-case, which go by even if you don't log in. Besides, going to jail is not a punishment? I have an illegal character, him getting imprisoned is just a consequence of his IC actions and a great opportunity to role-play and further developing him. Also, if you're playing realistically, you'll go to jail a few times a month, at best.

The rule doesn't stop people from going on duty for an hour. It's an hour per injury, for a role in which getting injured is a daily occurrence, role-playing injuries on your own, as most times PHMC is empty, unless you play during peak hours and get lucky. In my case that I listed above? I would've had to spend 25 hours out of ~110 in a month just to role-play all sorts of injuries, on my own. It literally limits role-play and forces people to spend their time role-play injuries instead of providing quality role-play to both themselves and the community at large, and portraying meaningful stuff for their characters. Role-playing your 47th gunshot and its effects brings 0 in terms of value.

This has nothing to do with getting killed, it has nothing to do with "promoting" fear RP nor does it have anything to do with PK rules. This is about injuries that you live through, which also happen way too often and you have no power over.

15 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

The same thing can be said about forced jail time when the jail is empty. I guess its common in roleplay servers for people to be all for heavier roleplay standards all the way up until those standards impact them, this thread is a perfect example of that. If being forced out of the type of RP you want to do for a little while is such an inconvenience then I don't know what to tell you.

Jail time is not an OOC punishment. It's an IC consequence for your character's actions, it shouldn't happen too often if you're portraying a realistic character, and it's an amazing way to develop your character, add to their story, make connections and other meaningful stuff. The jail is mostly populated, especially lately, with both deputies and inmates, including various factions, events and cool RP. Even if there's no one in-game, you can just log on later. It's different. Besides, 20 hours a month for a moderately actie player of just role-playing random injuries on your own in a hospital is not "a little while", it's twice the minimum required ABAS, more than some can play altogether.

Edited by Mahitto
2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Not sure what server you play on. Jail time on GTA World ranges from hours to days, worst-case, which go by even if you don't log in. Besides, going to jail is not a punishment? I have an illegal character, him getting imprisoned is just a consequence of his IC actions and a great opportunity to role-play and further developing him. Also, if you're playing realistically, you'll go to jail a few times a month, at best.

The rule doesn't stop people from going on duty for an hour. It's an hour per injury, for a role in which getting injured is a daily occurrence, role-playing injuries on your own, as most times PHMC is empty, unless you play during peak hours and get lucky. In my case that I listed above? I would've had to spend 25 hours out of ~110 in a month just to role-play all sorts of injuries, on my own. It literally limits role-play and forces people to spend their time role-play injuries instead of providing quality role-play to both themselves and the community at large, and portraying meaningful stuff for their characters. Role-playing your 47th gunshot and its effects brings 0 in terms of value.

This has nothing to do with getting killed, it has nothing

Jail time is not an OOC punishment. It's an IC consequence for your character's actions, it shouldn't happen too often if you're portraying a realistic character, and it's an amazing way to develop your character, add to their story, make connections and other meaningful stuff. The jail is mostly populated, especially lately, with both deputies and inmates, including various factions, events and cool RP. Even if there's no one in-game, you can just log on later. It's different. Besides, 20 hours a month for a moderately actie player of just role-playing random injuries on your own in a hospital is not "a little while", it's twice the minimum required ABAS, more than some can play altogether.

And this isn't an OOC punishment either, getting shot or injured in some way is the risk every cop faces both IRL and in game after all the whole job involves dealing with violent people. Someone isn't guaranteed safety from being killed or injured just because they happen to be a cop and all this rule does is ensures injuries are being roleplayed correctly and law enforcement players aren't getting involved with those that killed them when they are killed, I don't think standards should be lowered just because someone only has a few hours to play. As for the topic of the amount of cop killings/shootings that happen is a whole other discussion but from what I have seen admins are actively tackling it when it's reported, I agree not every traffic stop should result in a dead officer over a speeding ticket and it does get quite absurd sometimes.

3 hours ago, Ezrya said:

And you choose to roleplay a law enforcement officer, no one forced you to and there's plenty of other things to roleplay. To me this whole post just seems like LEO roleplayers want all the fun aspects of this avenue of RP but don't want to roleplay any of the risk. 

Ironic when most criminals complain about the same thing with jail time and not being forced to RP jail. You chose to role play a criminal. No one forced you to and there’s plenty of other things to role play. Funny how that sentence works both ways. Double standards at its finest. 

Criminals should also have to stay away for an hour after being shot/killed and also actually spend time in jail. Seems to me you want the fun aspects of criminal RP and not role play any of the risk 🙄 Cant have your cake and eat it too. Standards should be same for everyone. That’s the moral of the story.

Edited by Cypher99
Just now, Ezrya said:

And this isn't an OOC punishment either, getting shot or injured in some way is the risk every cop faces both IRL and in game after all the whole job involves dealing with violent people. Someone isn't guaranteed safety from being killed or injured just because they happen to be a cop and all this rule does is ensures injuries are being roleplayed correctly and law enforcement players aren't getting involved with those that killed them when they are killed, I don't think standards should be lowered just because someone only has a few hours to play. As for the topic of the amount of cop killings/shootings that happen is a whole other discussion but from what I have seen admins are actively tackling it when it's reported, I agree not every traffic stop should result in a dead officer over a speeding ticket and it does get quite absurd sometimes.

Most cops IRL finish their entire 30-40 year careers with 1-2 shooting incidents, some don't shoot their weapons at all. Most cops don't get shot or heavily injured throughout their entire careers. Sure, there's the risk, but it hardly ever happens. On GTA World, though, not only does it not happen once in your entire PD/SD career but it can happen every single day, even multiple times a day. Imagine getting shot, headbutted and crashed into in a day. That's 3 hours of being injured. If that's your thing, please spend all of your online time role-playing every single possible injury on your own, but for the most of us, it's not fun, it doesn't help anyone develop any characters, it's purely a waste of time.

Considering the enormous amount of injuries a character is subject to, especially if they're RPing as LEOs, especially if they're active (and thus more prone to more situations -> more injuries) etc., anyone who role-plays all of these injuriesthrough and then not only survives but makes a full recovery and is back on duty is heavily powergaming and should be RPQM reported right away. This should be some sort of OOC compromise - imagine having had a character for 5 months, it makes absolutely no sense to role-play surviving their 14th car crash, 28th gun-shot incident and 119th gunshot (your whole body would be scar tissue by then), 15th stabbing, 45th beating, 90th broken bones and ribs and so on. It makes no sense. Absolutely, you have to role-play it on the moment and provide quality RP for both yourself and others, but if the incident is not significant enough, you shouldn't be forced to spend this much time on it and include it in their story.

3 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Most cops IRL finish their entire 30-40 year careers with 1-2 shooting incidents, some don't shoot their weapons at all. Most cops don't get shot or heavily injured throughout their entire careers. Sure, there's the risk, but it hardly ever happens. On GTA World, though, not only does it not happen once in your entire PD/SD career but it can happen every single day, even multiple times a day. Imagine getting shot, headbutted and crashed into in a day. That's 3 hours of being injured. If that's your thing, please spend all of your online time role-playing every single possible injury on your own, but for the most of us, it's not fun, it doesn't help anyone develop any characters, it's purely a waste of time.

Considering the enormous amount of injuries a character is subject to, especially if they're RPing as LEOs, especially if they're active (and thus more prone to more situations -> more injuries) etc., anyone who role-plays all of these injuriesthrough and then not only survives but makes a full recovery and is back on duty is heavily powergaming and should be RPQM reported right away. This should be some sort of OOC compromise - imagine having had a character for 5 months, it makes absolutely no sense to role-play surviving their 14th car crash, 28th gun-shot incident and 119th gunshot (your whole body would be scar tissue by then), 15th stabbing, 45th beating, 90th broken bones and ribs and so on. It makes no sense. Absolutely, you have to role-play it on the moment and provide quality RP for both yourself and others, but if the incident is not significant enough, you shouldn't be forced to spend this much time on it and include it in their story.

Yeah, but when they do get shot it takes them a fair bit longer than an hour to get back in the field.   We have higher incident rates and substantially lower recovery times if it takes an hour to fully recover.   

1 minute ago, Phased said:

Yeah, but when they do get shot it takes them a fair bit longer than an hour to get back in the field.   We have higher incident rates and substantially lower recovery times if it takes an hour to fully recover.   

Because role-playing a GSW for the 45th time in an empty hospital, on your own, brings no one any joy, fun, realism, nor valuable interactions or developmnet. On the other hand, if you role-play it as you would in general and then get out, you can use, say, those 30 minutes to spark up a meaningful conversation, interact with some troubled youth, render first-aid to a bleeding gangbanger, etc. Or, well, sit in the hospital and role-play on your own. Over and over again. And after that hour, you'll still magically have to recover and get out to continue, so that awkward switch will happen regardless.

43 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I have an illegal character, him getting imprisoned is just a consequence of his IC actions and a great opportunity to role-play

Spend an hour in the empty female pod and trust me, your opinion on how prison is "great character development" will have shifted... radically ^^' 

Got a dozen hours on my fem' jail char, and no matter the time of day or the amount of guards on duty: it's the same thing as an ajail. :x 

11 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Because role-playing a GSW for the 45th time in an empty hospital, on your own, brings no one any joy, fun, realism, nor valuable interactions or developmnet. On the other hand, if you role-play it as you would in general and then get out, you can use, say, those 30 minutes to spark up a meaningful conversation, interact with some troubled youth, render first-aid to a bleeding gangbanger, etc. Or, well, sit in the hospital and role-play on your own. Over and over again. And after that hour, you'll still magically have to recover and get out to continue, so that awkward switch will happen regardless.

I don't think you read what I wrote.