Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

1 hour ago, Ezrya said:

This is just the risks that come with roleplaying a cop in the same way criminals face the risk having to just afk in a jail cell. Can't handle the risks that come with LEO roleplay such as the possibility of being shot then maybe it isn't for you and the same can obviously be said about illegal RP.

That's a very one-sided and biased reply. You'd probably argue differently if you were. Risks shouldn't be OOC and shouldn't depend on someone's trigger-happy fingers. People who choose to role-play cops shouldn't be sentenced to literal hours of AFKing and/or pointlessly role-playing injuries on their own so that, after the 59 minute 59 second mark, they are magically better and can go out. Just like people you shouldn't have to either. No one should. Imagine turning all PKs into CKs and being forced to role-play permanent aftermaths of all injuries, STDs and pregnancies. Especially when they're not self-inflicted either but rather at the latitude of all sorts of people.

In the end, there's literally no way to realistically portray being shot, stabbed, stomped, beaten and ran over 50 times a month. All of these replies are conveniently skimming around this. There's nothing realistic about "It's your 45th time in the hospital this month, what now? Oh, 8 bullet holes and a broken leg? Nw, you'll be good in an hour". Nothing reailstic. If someone wants to role-play their injuries more thoroughly, it should be a choice, it should not be mandatory.

Repercussions should be IC. If I choose to role-play a specific character, I shouldn't have to face the repercussion of spending half of that time RPing injuries.

29 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

That's a very one-sided and biased reply. You'd probably argue differently if you were. Risks shouldn't be OOC and shouldn't depend on someone's trigger-happy fingers. People who choose to role-play cops shouldn't be sentenced to literal hours of AFKing and/or pointlessly role-playing injuries on their own so that, after the 59 minute 59 second mark, they are magically better and can go out. Just like people you shouldn't have to either. No one should. Imagine turning all PKs into CKs and being forced to role-play permanent aftermaths of all injuries, STDs and pregnancies. Especially when they're not self-inflicted either but rather at the latitude of all sorts of people.

In the end, there's literally no way to realistically portray being shot, stabbed, stomped, beaten and ran over 50 times a month. All of these replies are conveniently skimming around this. There's nothing realistic about "It's your 45th time in the hospital this month, what now? Oh, 8 bullet holes and a broken leg? Nw, you'll be good in an hour". Nothing reailstic. If someone wants to role-play their injuries more thoroughly, it should be a choice, it should not be mandatory.

Repercussions should be IC. If I choose to role-play a specific character, I shouldn't have to face the repercussion of spending half of that time RPing injuries.

Nobody gets shot 50 times a month... Stop exaggerating, it doesn't help with anything. It's a heavy roleplay server and I'm sure you can take an hour of your time to RP some fucking injuries once in a while. What's the realism about being shot and jumping straight back into action 5 minutes after? The one hour cooldown literally doesn't stop you from anything. Most scenes take over 30 minutes to get concluded anyways, especially when there are cops injured on scene.

Edited by sCrax
29 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

. People who choose to role-play cops shouldn't be sentenced to literal hours of AFKing and/or pointlessly role-playing injuries on their own so that

Is it really AFKing or roleplaying on their own? Every time I've been shot on my chars it's actually been quite fun roleplaying the after effects. Surely there's stuff you can do?

9 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Nobody gets shot 50 times a month... Stop exaggerating, it doesn't help with anything. It's a heavy roleplay server and I'm sure you can take an hour of your time to RP some fucking injuries once in a while. What's the realism about being shot and jumping straight back into action 5 minutes after? The one hour cooldown literally doesn't stop you from anything. Most scenes take over 30 minutes to get concluded anyways, especially when there are cops injured on scene.

No, that was obviously an exaggeration. Everyone role-plays injuries so I don't know what you're talking about - it's quite literally imposed through the rules and has been for as long as this server has existed - if someone does not? Report them.

From personal experience, in my first month in SD, I played for around 3-4 hours per day, quite a lot, clocked around 110 hours that month. In that time, I've been shot three times, stabbed ~3 times, stomped on once, ran over 2-3 times, crushed by a truck, punched/headbutted/rushed at least 5 times, along with 2-3 MVAs caused by my lack of attention/issues and around 5-6 caused by others drifting into me. Roughly. That's roughly 25 incidents throughout a pretty active month that resulted in my character being hurt in one way or another. Role-played every single one of them. Some stayed with my character and left marks, others healed in time, others took quicker, but by the current standard, I would've had to spend a minimum of 25 hours role-playing injuries. That's ridiculous. That's twice the ABAS required to even be in the faction, role-playing injuries on my own during the dead hours of the morning/afternoon.

Even if you do it properly, let's say - where's the realism of being in the hospital with a broken leg and 5 gunshot wounds and then, after the 59:59 minutes pass, you magically get out because the rule now allows you to?

7 minutes ago, Westen said:

Is it really AFKing or roleplaying on their own? Every time I've been shot on my chars it's actually been quite fun roleplaying the after effects. Surely there's stuff you can do?

I can only speak from personal experience. I play around 8 AM - 4-6 PM. There's around 150 people on. Almost no businesses open, at all. Almost no factions, including PD/SD, as well as FD and PHMC. Even during peak hours, PHMC is usually empty, with few exceptions, while crime and injuries happen around the clock. Sure, you can role-play it a few times and it'll be fun, but having to spend an hour on the clock role-playing on your own, the same stuff, over and over, or else risk being punished, is not okay.

3 hours ago, joshua said:

not really? because the criminals choose to do things that end up having them put in a jail cell. the criminals choose to do things that make me pull them over thus resulting in them shooting me

And you choose to roleplay a law enforcement officer, no one forced you to and there's plenty of other things to roleplay. To me this whole post just seems like LEO roleplayers want all the fun aspects of this avenue of RP but don't want to roleplay any of the risk. 

On 2/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, TheSenate said:

This should be a once in every few months occurence at best if you are cautious. It is completely silly to have an immediate turn-around to put someone back out on the street. If you just hopped on an hour ago and got shot, bad luck, come back next time, lol.

Sorry but this is a bad mentality. The players are just gonna' log off. How is that good for the server?

On 2/17/2022 at 5:31 AM, Sim said:

just dont put yourself in situations where you'd get injured then, it's a perfectly valid rule that is gonna stop robocop LEOs from sprinting at seven armed gangbangers, getting shot at then immediately walking it off because he was taken to an NPC hospital 10 minutes later

Except this never happens

46 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

And you choose to roleplay a law enforcement officer, no one forced you to and there's plenty of other things to roleplay. To me this whole post just seems like LEO roleplayers want all the fun aspects of this avenue of RP but don't want to roleplay any of the risk. 

That'd be like saying that you chose to role-play a criminal character, hence every PK will now become a CK. Including being DMed. You don't like it? Too bad. Why? Because I want to. You don't agree? Abandon the character, there's so much more you can RP. Both legal and illegal role-play have pros and cons, it is what it is. "No one forced you to" is literally the worst thing you could say. The risks are IC. You shouldn't be at a completely OOC risk of being put on the sideline for an hour (when you might only have an hour to play to begin with) just because Daequan didn't want a speeding ticket or Kanye decided his Elegy can't go less than 140 mph.

This is quite literally what the jail used to be like before TTCF was a thing. Like literally the same thing, 1:1 ratio. Same problem(s), same "solutions. It was empty all of the time. You might get lucky once in a blue moon to catch a PD guy down at Mission Row to RP with, or someone in your cell. Otherwise it was just a waste of time, with elitists saying "but just RP on your own". Same argument too - "no one forced you to rp a criminal".

Not the right atttitude.

50 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

Yeah how dare people with limited time be upset when rules are specifically made to target the type of roleplay they enjoy.