Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

4 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Exactly. The problem with this is when you extensively role-play your character having been injured 45 times that month. Still a double standard - a LEO gets shot? They spend one hour, on the clock, role-playing their injuries. Anyone else gets shot? There's no rule for that, besides the general decency which should apply in the former case.

Criminal characters don't get central calls and accidentally end up in pursuits of someone they have shot in a different vehicle because they don't see the nametag, they also don't end up called to scenes as the only available unit when they were shot on said scene.   This rule eliminates that minefield.   It's not a double standard when things aren't equal, and unless a person is breaking the rules it's unlikely a criminal character will end up in that situation without intending to do so.  

3 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Yeah but your job as a LEO is more demanding. If you get shot and survive, you won't just jump straight back on-duty. Plus you don't lose shit as a cop. So what's the issue with waiting around 30 minutes till you get back on-duty? Don't worry, chases will go on even after those 30 minutes. You won't miss out.

Not sure why you assume that? I mean I do know, it's the edgy thing to do, right? I've clocked around 350 hours on my SD character, 200 or so of those on duty. Over the last two months, I took part in exactly 1 shooting and 3 pursuits, which have been thoroughly role-played too.

Regardless, you do lose something. You lose time. If you can play for 1 hour a day (requirement for SD is 30 minutes a day, by the way, as many people are in a situation in which they can't play for more, or can play for 2-3 hours every 2-3 days or so), then you can be lucky enough to have to spend most (or all) of it role-playing injuries, over and over again. Not losing any items has absolutely nothing to do with this, though. The issue is that there's no point in waiting for 1 hour. I've seen people role-play their injuries for 15 minutes, others doing it for 2-3 hours, others taking literally 2 weeks of medical leave. It depends on lots of factors. It shouldn't be forced. After that 1 hour is up, what? You just magically get better to go out? There's always going to be that unrealistic switch in time from when you got shot and were bleeding to death on the ground to hopping back into your car and resuming. It's impossible not to considering our crime rate.

1 minute ago, Phased said:

Criminal characters don't get central calls and accidentally end up in pursuits of someone they have shot in a different vehicle because they don't see the nametag, they also don't end up called to scenes as the only available unit when they were shot on said scene.   This rule eliminates that minefield.   It's not a double standard when things aren't equal, and unless a person is breaking the rules it's unlikely a criminal character will end up in that situation without intending to do so.  

That seems oddly specific and I suggest you take it to a forum report? I had a LEO character, I have an illegal one. Makes no sense for me to have to wait for 1 hour until I can patrol again but for the same thing to happen on my illegal character and there be no such limit.

Just now, eTaylor said:

But getting shot, and immediately going back on patrol is realistic? It’s quite antithetical to be this paradoxical.

Exactly. This rules allows people to do that as long as they're not LEOs. Get shot? Patch it up and you're back out there in no time. Oh, you were a LEO? Well, you've still got 46 minutes at 30 seconds, sorry.

Regardless, it absolutely isn't realistic, but having to turn your timer on for 1 hour until you can go back there is even worse. "Holy, this hurts. I've been here 59 minutes. Oh wait, now the imaginary timer is out, I'm good to return". Let people role-play what they want to role-play. Some incidents and shootings can have a bigger impact on your character and their story. Others, especially the poorly-portrayed ones, don't.

But what do I know? I'm not in SD anymore, this doesn't really affect me anymore. I do find this to be non-sensical and would like to suggest another thorough look to be given over it. It seems lackluster in its current state.

2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

That seems oddly specific and I suggest you take it to a forum report? I had a LEO character, I have an illegal one. Makes no sense for me to have to wait for 1 hour until I can patrol again but for the same thing to happen on my illegal character and there be no such limit.

It's not oddly specific, it's two vague situations that could possibly happen.  I'm in SD now and I absolutely wholeheartedly support this rule.

12 hours ago, eTaylor said:

If you consider this a punishment or some sort of timeout it speaks volumes about your roleplay and mentality. All that is asked of you is to roleplay accordingly. 

Part of recovering from your injuries is being treated and discharged from a hospital. This can either be RPed if you're lucky enough to catch hospital staff online, or, most likely, NPC'ed. That is a large part of recovery, especially from flesh wounds such as stabbings, as they like to keep you there for a decent amount of time. PHMC understands that it's unreasonable to keep people in a hospital bed for an IRL week, so it's all done within a few hours, and you get discharged. Beyond that, roleplaying taking painkillers, not being able to lift large amounts depending on where the injury is, etc, are all another part of roleplaying recovery. 

None of this is helped via having an ooc cooldown to when you can go back onduty. It will often mean simply afking in the hospital interior. That's not RP for anyone. 
You can obviously pull the 'just do offduty rp', which, I'd agree with, but some people come online to play a cop sometimes. We've got faction members who are pilots, real cops, nurses, etc. Their time is far more limited, so, whilst they can obviously do offduty rp, there's probably less of a desire to do as such when it's their only option. Forcing people to do stuff never makes them want to do it more than previously. It may help them to find that they do enjoy it, but it's unlikely. 

I understand that LEO's literally lose nothing by dying (which is untrue, those of us who carry custom items 100% lose stuff, but I think most people are referring to guns, which, fair enough, even if the gun market is heavily saturated.) but sometimes people care more about losing OOC time than IC items, and to those who are only able to log in for short amounts of time, this rule is entirely biased. It also severely handicaps graveyard shifts because there's never any hospital staff online, as previously stated. I'm sure many would have far less issue with this rule if PHMC had higher AU / Early NA players, because, irregardless of (what are seemingly) your beliefs, most of us are here to roleplay. 

11 hours ago, Phased said:

Nobody is asking you to sit on the sidelines, they are asking you to roleplay injuries on a roleplay server past a six word /do and then sprinting back out to get more W's.

As an SD member, you gotta realise the side of the coin that you're ignoring. The people who play when there's 110 pop and /contacts 5 has 'no search results'; when there are no open businesses and at most, you're one of maybe 10 cops on in the entire server, across multiple factions. What's the RP that these players are supposed to partake in? 
The only opportunity I see to RP their injuries is onduty, or literally alone while driving home / alone in their interior. The expectation that this cooldown will cause more injury rp isn't exactly unfounded, because it probably will, but far from always. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Kari said:

Part of recovering from your injuries is being treated and discharged from a hospital. This can either be RPed if you're lucky enough to catch hospital staff online, or, most likely, NPC'ed. That is a large part of recovery, especially from flesh wounds such as stabbings, as they like to keep you there for a decent amount of time. PHMC understands that it's unreasonable to keep people in a hospital bed for an IRL week, so it's all done within a few hours, and you get discharged. Beyond that, roleplaying taking painkillers, not being able to lift large amounts depending on where the injury is, etc, are all another part of roleplaying recovery. 

None of this is helped via having an ooc cooldown to when you can go back onduty. It will often mean simply afking in the hospital interior. That's not RP for anyone. 
You can obviously pull the 'just do offduty rp', which, I'd agree with, but some people come online to play a cop sometimes. We've got faction members who are pilots, real cops, nurses, etc. Their time is far more limited, so, whilst they can obviously do offduty rp, there's probably less of a desire to do as such when it's their only option. Forcing people to do stuff never makes them want to do it more than previously. It may help them to find that they do enjoy it, but it's unlikely. 

I understand that LEO's literally lose nothing by dying (which is untrue, those of us who carry custom items 100% lose stuff, but I think most people are referring to guns, which, fair enough, even if the gun market is heavily saturated.) but sometimes people care more about losing OOC time than IC items, and to those who are only able to log in for short amounts of time, this rule is entirely biased. It also severely handicaps graveyard shifts because there's never any hospital staff online, as previously stated. I'm sure many would have far less issue with this rule if PHMC had higher AU / Early NA players, because, irregardless of (what are seemingly) your beliefs, most of us are here to roleplay. 

As an SD member, you gotta realise the side of the coin that you're ignoring. The people who play when there's 110 pop and /contacts 5 has 'no search results'; when there are no open businesses and at most, you're one of maybe 10 cops on in the entire server, across multiple factions. What's the RP that these players are supposed to partake in? 
The only opportunity I see to RP their injuries is onduty, or literally alone while driving home / alone in their interior. The expectation that this cooldown will cause more injury rp isn't exactly unfounded, because it probably will, but far from always. 

This is just the risks that come with roleplaying a cop in the same way criminals face the risk having to just afk in a jail cell. Can't handle the risks that come with LEO roleplay such as the possibility of being shot then maybe it isn't for you and the same can obviously be said about illegal RP.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

This is just the risks that come with roleplaying a cop in the same way criminals face the risk having to just afk in a jail cell. Can't handle the risks that come with LEO roleplay such as the possibility of being shot then maybe it isn't for you and the same can obviously be said about illegal RP.

not really? because the criminals choose to do things that end up having them put in a jail cell. the criminals choose to do things that make me pull them over thus resulting in them shooting me

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

I can handle the risks. I can handle the roleplay. Nobody should be forced to sit afk in a cell, but that's not what this suggestion is about. Female pod is a borderline ajail that discourages illegalrpers and directly contributes to people wanted to get away at all costs. That blows. 

The point here is doublestandards. Why is it unfair to wait for the scene to clear and then go back onduty? Why is it fair to be able to go onduty when the scene's not over yet if said scene takes more than an hour? It has holes.