Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

59 minutes ago, Bartolomeo said:

There's some serious disconnect between the people here who have played as an LEO character and those that haven't. On average, I get into at least one shootout a day as a detective. Right now the gun market is completely oversaturated, and the current rules encourage people to shoot out rather than cuff up.

I get into a shootout more often than I'm able to effect an arrest. That should speak volumes about the current state of the server, the priorities of I/LFM, and just how silly this rule is. If this rule were to actually be enforced, which I can confidently say it won't be, and if LEOs were actually going to abide by it, you'd legitimately the cop population drop by about half at any given time due purely to injury RP.

The only person knows what they are talking about here rather than going back and forth on whether cops are intentionally getting into shootouts or not.

1 hour ago, Mahitto said:

It has basically nothing to do with anyone's mentality or role-play abilities. There are people who spend a lot of time online and, as a(n obvious) result, get injured a lot, one way or another. This would turn 25%-50% of their playtime into role-playing various injuries, over and over again, which is anything but realistic. Do you think that, realistically speaking, a police officer can survive getting shot, say, 5 times, each time with 4-5 bullets, being ran into, being ran over a few times, stomped out of consciousness, stabbed, hit, and also get in various crashes in all sorts of cases? No human being could realistically survive that, let alone return on the job, ever. Yet if you play for, say, 6 hours a day, you'll get all that by the end of the month. There's nothing realistic about it.

Role-playing injuries and the aftermath should be a must for everone. How much emphasis someone puts on a specific scenario and its repercussions should, however, be up to everyone. There's no point in forcing someone to role-play something in this way. They'll do it because they have to more than because they want to and no one will enjoy it.

Don’t get your character hurt. 🤯

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Wow yeah let's show one instance of a mass DMer that is permanently banned to cancel the rule. If you can't roleplay your injuries and take a break from your duty for an hour then idk what to even say. Most scenes take around 30 minutes or more to get concluded anyways. I'm pretty sure you can take a 30 minute break after to do some passive RP instead of hopping straight into chases/shootouts again.

Edited by sCrax
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Wow yeah let's show one instance of a mass DMer that is permanently banned to cancel the rule. If you can't roleplay your injuries and take a break from your duty for an hour then idk what to even say. Most scenes take around 30 minutes or more to get concluded anyways. I'm pretty sure you can take a 30 minute break after to do some passive RP instead of hopping straight into chases/shootouts again.

Exactly. The problem with this is when you extensively role-play your character having been injured 45 times that month. Still a double standard - a LEO gets shot? They spend one hour, on the clock, role-playing their injuries. Anyone else gets shot? There's no rule for that, besides the general decency which should apply in the former case.

1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

Exactly. The problem with this is when you extensively role-play your character having been injured 45 times that month. Still a double standard - a LEO gets shot? They spend one hour, on the clock, role-playing their injuries. Anyone else gets shot? There's no rule for that, besides the general decency which should apply in the former case.

Imagine roleplaying on a roleplay server. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Yeah but your job as a LEO is more demanding. If you get shot and survive, you won't just jump straight back on-duty. Plus you don't lose shit as a cop. So what's the issue with waiting around 30 minutes till you get back on-duty? Don't worry, chases will go on even after those 30 minutes. You won't miss out. Cops can at least take that time to engage in some other roleplay and develop their characters more. Most cops here just hop IG to go on-duty and have no development besides that.

Edited by sCrax