Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

2 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This rule isn't exactly fair for someone that just started patrol that evening and got injured almost immediately after. Although I, personally, love off duty RP when i can find it, many people only have a limited time to play. Putting a 1 hr break on them seems arbitrary and unfair.

This should be a once in every few months occurence at best if you are cautious. It is completely silly to have an immediate turn-around to put someone back out on the street. If you just hopped on an hour ago and got shot, bad luck, come back next time, lol.

I absolutely 100 percent understand why and where this rule has come from, however, from a realistic perspective there's thousands of police officers in 2 different police forces. In game however we have maybe 10-15 online at any one time; worst case as someone else has said I've seen 5-8 deputies killed in a shootout. That's 8 potential players from a pool of 15 that cannot provide the server with any LEO interaction for an OOC hour.

It's good on paper but practical wise its not. The way it stands right now, you die and respawn or you survive and go to hospital, if you die then you respawn and once that shooting scene is done with you resume with patrol. If you survive again once that shooting scene is dealt with you resume unless you want to roleplay some extensive injuries and time off duty. It works, its not perfect sure but it fits what we do on the server.

33 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

This should be a once in every few months occurence at best if you are cautious. It is completely silly to have an immediate turn-around to put someone back out on the street. If you just hopped on an hour ago and got shot, bad luck, come back next time, lol.

You can be as cautious as you want and still randomly get shot at within ten minutes of logging on, then be sidelined for the rest of the evening.

If you're surviving your injuries and getting FD/PHMC RP, the situation is going to definitely be over by the time you're released anyway.

Edited by Westen
26 minutes ago, Westen said:

You can be as cautious as you want and still randomly get shot at within ten minutes of logging on, then be sidelined for the rest of the evening.

If you're surviving your injuries and getting FD/PHMC RP, the situation is going to definitely be over by the time you're released anyway.

I was a Deputy Sheriff for a good few months after LSSD first opened, in that time I was never personally shot (though I did shoot others), and usually the people who did get shot were the ones who purposely put themselves in extremely risky situations (the same 2-3 people). Hence why I say, if you are cautious, the odds that you get shot at random are exceedingly low. Low enough to the point where I don't see a point in overturning this rule. Once again, if you get shot, turning back around and heading out is just poor portrayal on that officers part. Take the "L", launch something else, and come back next time. 

Edited by TheSenate
27 minutes ago, VESPUCCI COMMUNITY WATCH said:

This rule change is very good. Hopefully it'll discourage reckless play2win LEO roleplayers from rushing into shootings 1v10 and crying when they die. This cooldown can actually get rid of the play2win mentality displayed by sadly so many people on this server. 

Hence it should apply to everyone.

3 hours ago, Sim said:

just dont put yourself in situations where you'd get injured then, it's a perfectly valid rule that is gonna stop robocop LEOs from sprinting at seven armed gangbangers, getting shot at then immediately walking it off because he was taken to an NPC hospital 10 minutes later

I'm not the type to get into shootings or much drama, I usually go for more passive, community-relations-oriented role-play. However, in the 2 months I've been part of the Sheriff's Department I can't even begin counting how many times I've been shot at, shot, stabbed, punched, headbutted, kicked, pushed, rushed, ran over, ran into with cars, bikes, even pickup trucks and a Benson once, fell off mountains, got dragged around, ambushed and beaten up and/or shot, or simply got involved in more or less dangerous traffic collisions either due to my fault, the others' or both of ours, along with other various injures of various degrees, all while not looking for any. By this standard, 50 out of my 300 hours would've been spent role-playing all sorts of stuff, not role-playing with other or developing my character, unless my final goal changed into role-playing an exotically-crippled cyborg.

On here you can get absolutely killed, right away, for simply daring to pull over the wrong person. Sure, it happens in real life, but the average LEO RPer would experience as much crime in a week as a real-life counterpart would experience throughout their entire career. There are cops out there who never shoot their guns in their lives, or only do it once or twice, while over here you can do it four times a night if you're active during peak hours.

1 hour ago, TheSenate said:

It's not only about being shot, but rather injured, and that can happen extremely easily on GTA World and in GTA in general, let alone when your character's thing is dangerous job with tons of opportunity to get messed up one way or another.

It's easy to say "come back next time" but imagine that, like lots of people, you can play for 3-4 hours a week, and something happens on two of those days. You're now spending half of your playtime role-playing various injures to various degrees. Absolutely amazing. For SWAT role-players we might as well get an infirmary room where everyone will be forced to be at mostly all times.

I have nothing against role-playing medical leave or even being confined to the hospital for a few days, but it has to be realistic and we should have the freedom to choose what injuries to do it so. People shouldn't be forced to role-play all injuries just like they shouldn't be forced to role-play pregnancy or an STD. Give them the freedom to choose and you'll get rid of those who do it sloppily just to get it over with, while getting much more quality for those who really want to. Forcing it is pointless.

46 minutes ago, VESPUCCI COMMUNITY WATCH said:

This rule change is very good. Hopefully it'll discourage reckless play2win LEO roleplayers from rushing into shootings 1v10 and crying when they die. This cooldown can actually get rid of the play2win mentality displayed by sadly so many people on this server. 

If you did, I'm sorry you've had such experiences. This is not the solution, though. If you see that kind of stuff, report it right away. It's an obvious, clear-cut case of not role-playing here, playing to win, poor portrayal and everything you want.

Although I doubt you did, considering there's approximately 0 reports of LEOs doing this on your profile.