Rule 21 ammendment

orca112

In the event your character is shot or stabbed or sustains some sort of significant injury (regardless of whether or not you are put in injury mode) the player must roleplay treatment; whether this means being treated at a hospital (player/NPC) or with another player at a residence if the injuries are not too severe. The character must also wait either one full hour or until the roleplay surrounding your injuries are concluded prior to returning to a scene.

Law Enforcement characters should avoid returning to duty immediately after recovering from their injuries and must adhere to the one hour rule to prevent potential interaction with the situation that resulted in their shooting.

Not a great fan of double standards. There should be the same standard applied regardless of your character being in a criminal faction, Law Enforcement faction or any other part of the community, especially since the bottom line at the end of the day is "do not return to the scene of death or get involved in any actions as a result of the death (e.g. retaliation or criminal investigation)" rather than "Those rules for thee, but not for me".

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Peak. said:

Don't know what the problem here is, it's implied not to return to the scene regardless of illegal or legal?

One can return to whatever they were doing the moment the roleplay surrounding their injuries are concluded OR after waiting one hour, another MUST wait one hour with no alternative option because of what they roleplay. This premise creates a blatant double-standard.

4 minutes ago, orca112 said:

One can return to whatever they were doing the moment the roleplay surrounding their injuries are concluded OR after waiting one hour, another MUST wait one hour with no alternative option because of what they roleplay. This premise creates a blatant double-standard.

As a legal roleplayer, I really don't mind / care. In terms of being injured on duty, yeah fair enough - I should either take medical leave which can be 8, 12, 24, 48 hours off-duty. 

Roleplaying injuries themselves can take up to an hour, so don't really see any dramas. 

7 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This rule isn't exactly fair for someone that just started patrol that evening and got injured almost immediately after. Although I, personally, love off duty RP when i can find it, many people only have a limited time to play. Putting a 1 hr break on them seems arbitrary and unfair.

just dont put yourself in situations where you'd get injured then, it's a perfectly valid rule that is gonna stop robocop LEOs from sprinting at seven armed gangbangers, getting shot at then immediately walking it off because he was taken to an NPC hospital 10 minutes later

• Applaud 1

> get on shift
> respond to call
> get shot
> get put on cooldown for an hour 

literally a worse punishment for getting shot than there would be if that shooting was ruled as DM. Dumb. Shouldn't have to stay in the hospital if the scene concludes before the hourmark. 

- Someone who takes & RP's medical leave. 

• Upvote 1

Sometimes you just get unlucky and get shot down while trying to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle for running a red. You may be the safest player ever but shootings do find you at times in this server.

Why is it so a cop is not allowed to head back on duty after a situation for an hour but a gangbanger can return to their crib immediately after the cops leave after they get shot in a fight? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me too.

Edited by Fabulous
24 minutes ago, Sim said:

just dont put yourself in situations where you'd get injured then, it's a perfectly valid rule that is gonna stop robocop LEOs from sprinting at seven armed gangbangers, getting shot at then immediately walking it off because he was taken to an NPC hospital 10 minutes later

What... 7/10 criminals decide to mow down cops for pulling them over for petty speeding, and you're trying to say "dont put yourself into situations you'd get injured in."

Yeah, a cop being shot by some trigger happy kid for doing his job and pulling them over because they're driving like an utter moron is definitely the cops fault, 100%

The amount of excessive & ridiculous cop killings is ridiculous, you'd never see this IRL. If this happened IRL you'd have the military coming down full force.

Edited by PeopleKind

I find it to be a little too much.

Here’s a scenario (based on a true story):

After a long day of work, I like to come home and relax on GTAW where I can play as a cop. I can count the times I’ve been shot, because I’m the type of person who avoids any possibility of a shoot out. They’re just not my thing. Now, somebody gets into a chase with a car (for whatever reason) and I respond to help, because that’s just my characters job, plus theres not a lot of people on duty at this hour. All of a sudden, the guy hops out with his buddies and they start shooting at the police. They happen to shoot 5 of the officers. They’re all taken to the hospital. Now I’m stuck for an hour, and the time is late (usually is when I play) so I’ll just log off and try my luck tomorrow. However, I’m not the only one who is out of commission for an hour. That’s 4 others who are held up for an hour. This leaves the LSPD with 1 or 2 people left on duty, or, none at all.

I understand where they’re coming from with these rulings, but like I said, it’s a little much for a game. To be put in time out for something I try to avoid every time I go in game isn’t fair.