Allow players to upgrade their cars themselves.

AvaLikesBread

I've been leaning into a street racing roleplay recently and I was wondering if I could modify my car myself instead of going to a mechanic, As it turns out, you cannot.

So, I suggest that players should be able to buy a "Toolkit" (For an unspecified amount  of money) with a one time payment. They can use this kit to do what a mechanic would do themselves. Just to make sure that the mechanic job doesn't become outdated and useless though, It'd be more efficient to make it so you can only do certain things that you could do with a toolkit (Like changing tires, Sway bars, Differentials, Air filter, etc...) Instead of allowing them to take out an entire engine with a crowbar and wrench, This means things like engine swaps or upgrades would have to be done at a mechanic, OR, You could allow players to buy garages, that comes with the gear that all of the mechanic shops have, allowing the player to have full customisation over their car like they would usually have at a mechanic. In addition, This could be an opening to adding illegal street modifications to cars as well. I feel like feeding the street scene in GTA world is a really good way to go for it.

Thanks for reading!

Like everybody else has said if people could be trusted it'd be great but obviously you can't trust the GTAW community.

You CAN however /report and ask for an admin to customize your vehicle themselves if you provide screenshots of your RP, I've had a couple admins change liveries for my vehicles in the past as long as I had good reasoning.