Snakecam Script

Detailed Description

Right now, tactical teams from PD/SD use snakecams as a method of gaining information prior to a breach. They're a little fibre optic camera that slips under a door frame and can be panned around.

Right now, the way this works, is that a tactical team will designate someone to snakecam, who will then /pbreakin, enter the property after doorshouting (( snakecam don't shoot )) and hope the person inside reads the chat and doesn't just open fire. 

What I propose instead is a /snakecam script you can type at a property entrance, that would create a camera on the inside of the property (to get around GTA V rendering, TP the player just underneath the entrance and set them to be invisible.  This camera can then be panned around with the arrow keys but not moved, effectively replicating what is seen.

When a snakecam is active at the door, add a scene tag that's visible from say within, 5 metres ** small fibre optic camera visible under the door frame. ** or something similar.

Relevant Commands/Items

/snakecam - starts and stops the script.

How will it benefit the server?

No need for someone to enter the property and try to describe the property. More immersion for those involved and doesn't disrupt the flow of roleplay with someone shouting (( snakecam don't shoot )).

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see this. It would help LEOs to not have to awkwardly /shout ((SNAKECAM DONT SHOOT)) and still get a view of the place and it would help illegal characters too - for me, anyway, it's pretty immersion-breaking to see a swat dude come in to look around. I'd much rather be taken by surprise and not even know if they're out there.

It can just be the /camera script, without the camera functionality, with the person invisible/no nametag/invincible etc., placed at the bottom of the door inside the interior.

• 2 months later...
  • Developer
On 2/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, Westen said:

Detailed Description

Right now, tactical teams from PD/SD use snakecams as a method of gaining information prior to a breach. They're a little fibre optic camera that slips under a door frame and can be panned around.

Right now, the way this works, is that a tactical team will designate someone to snakecam, who will then /pbreakin, enter the property after doorshouting (( snakecam don't shoot )) and hope the person inside reads the chat and doesn't just open fire. 

What I propose instead is a /snakecam script you can type at a property entrance, that would create a camera on the inside of the property (to get around GTA V rendering, TP the player just underneath the entrance and set them to be invisible.  This camera can then be panned around with the arrow keys but not moved, effectively replicating what is seen.

When a snakecam is active at the door, add a scene tag that's visible from say within, 5 metres ** small fibre optic camera visible under the door frame. ** or something similar.

Relevant Commands/Items

/snakecam - starts and stops the script.

How will it benefit the server?

No need for someone to enter the property and try to describe the property. More immersion for those involved and doesn't disrupt the flow of roleplay with someone shouting (( snakecam don't shoot )).

This has now been implemented.

Thank you for your suggestion!

• Upvote 1