Decrease fist damage depending on age or decrease health depending on age

ReazyE

3 hours ago, Topinambour said:

When your male-ness is so easily damaged, you can't suffer the mere idea of your fictitious GTAW character being beat up by a girl, because it triggers memories of you being bullied by that girl in grade school 😞 Click like if you think it's sad send thoughts and prayers. 

I can't wait to get beaten up by your 6'2 hourglass shaped Facebrowser model.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sCrax said:

I can't wait to get beaten up by your 6'2 hourglass shaped Facebrowser model.

... to be fair there is a lot to be said about "hourglass" being the most common word in descriptions lol

That said, I'm fucking around, but yes, it's technically true that the average males has higher maximal energy output & explosive strength, as well as V02 max expenditures, and more of that. This, however, mostly matters in a professional fight (such as MMA), or a fair fight. If you have a lower weight and you get stuck into a clinch, you're kinda fucked.

But real-situation brawls/fights are quite different. In those, what matters is mostly who hits first and where, as well as who's distracted or who gets sucker-punched. ^^'

To expand a bit and go back to the original topic... while I abhor the awful proliferation of troll (M)s we got, I'm not sure this is a solution. If we fully hold onto realism, then there have been many a case where a 12 years old overpowered a 20+ year old. Once more, in a purely fair fight, a smaller and lighter kid probably stands no chance, but street fight / brawl conditions are rarely, if ever, fair ^^' And an asshole kid is usually quite good at being unfair lol 

The abysmal RP quality of many (M)s needs to be adressed, yes. In the last 48 hours alone lol, I saw three of them threaten random people over petty shit that /they/ started, and one of them even went for a double homicide with a MAC 10 over it ^^' So there is a problem, no disagreement there. But this here may not be a solution 😕 

4 hours ago, DLimit said:

Just report poor quality fights. Yes, it's garbage for a 12 year-old character to defeat my 18 year old character, but there are variables to be taken into consideration with every single case. A weak and frail 30 year-old could get knocked out by a 15 year old that exercises, daily.

The problem here is that reports won't do anything. It's not a new problem, it's something that's been happening for years. If reports were the way to go, the problem would've been fixed a long time ago.

Reporting someone means you go through some bad role-play, then spend time gathering evidence, uploading and processing it, then you spend time writing up the report, going through essays to describe everything, and after weeks of waiting and fighting over the forums, the other guy gets a verbal warning, a written warning, or, worst-case scenario, will be permanently banned for 2 days or maybe even 3. And that's what happens for each and every single rulebreak. If you were to go down that road, your entire time on GTA World would be spent pointlessly arguing on the forums. And again - if that was the solution, the tens of thousands of posts in those forums would've deterred it from happening anymore.

We have to get out of this mentality that "report it if you see it" because it's clearly not helping, unless punishments are severely enhanced. At the moment, collectively, you can ruin the role-play of 100 people and make them waste 100 hours because of your ego and get banned for a few days, but you can chargeback with a clean record and get permanently banned right away. Unless something changes, reporting is pointless, and such measures are necessary.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
21 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

The problem here is that reports won't do anything. It's not a new problem, it's something that's been happening for years. If reports were the way to go, the problem would've been fixed a long time ago.

Reporting someone means you go through some bad role-play, then spend time gathering evidence, uploading and processing it, then you spend time writing up the report, going through essays to describe everything, and after weeks of waiting and fighting over the forums, the other guy gets a verbal warning, a written warning, or, worst-case scenario, will be permanently banned for 2 days or maybe even 3. And that's what happens for each and every single rulebreak. If you were to go down that road, your entire time on GTA World would be spent pointlessly arguing on the forums. And again - if that was the solution, the tens of thousands of posts in those forums would've deterred it from happening anymore.

We have to get out of this mentality that "report it if you see it" because it's clearly not helping, unless punishments are severely enhanced. At the moment, collectively, you can ruin the role-play of 100 people and make them waste 100 hours because of your ego and get banned for a few days, but you can chargeback with a clean record and get permanently banned right away. Unless something changes, reporting is pointless, and such measures are necessary.

I'm seeing tons of people getting banned, after several warnings, every day. It's working.

This suggestion? Will only apply RPG elements that do not take countless variables into consideration. Strength, stamina etc... isn't always determined by age, as there are countless factors to take into consideration: Experience, weight, height, training, disability, drug/alcohol influence, mentality etc... 

In fact, this might event lead to more reports.

14 hours ago, DLimit said:

I'm seeing tons of people getting banned, after several warnings, every day. It's working.

This suggestion? Will only apply RPG elements that do not take countless variables into consideration. Strength, stamina etc... isn't always determined by age, as there are countless factors to take into consideration: Experience, weight, height, training, disability, drug/alcohol influence, mentality etc... 

In fact, this might event lead to more reports.

Considering how many "warnings" and how many people waste their time and energy with obvious rulebreakers, and considering the constant(ly high) number of reports we're still getting, I wouldn't say it's working.

The last thing we need is more reports, though. If we can circumvent that and directly fix the problem, we should. This shouldn't be a thing just because somewhere, in some circumstance, a bukled-up 12-year-old gorilla happened upon an overworked anorexic 48-year-old man. The general rule should apply and if whatever happens is an exception, it should be role-played as such.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, ReazyE said:

Depends, 13 year old whos boutta turn 14 could take on a kid whos just turn 15, I think the best idea is to

"could always do it in groups to avoid the aforementioned issue. 12-15 have the same damage, then 16-18, then 18+."

there are most def 15 yr olds that can beat up grown men.

This is just a bad idea, I know for a fact that an athletic 13 yr old can beat up the average woman, does that mean females should get less damage too?

rpg mechanic, bad idea. Entire problem can be solved with just reporting people you see do this.

3 hours ago, getmoney said:

there are most def 15 yr olds that can beat up grown men.

This is just a bad idea, I know for a fact that an athletic 13 yr old can beat up the average woman, does that mean females should get less damage too?

rpg mechanic, bad idea. Entire problem can be solved with just reporting people you see do this.

Some can, but most can't. In most cases, minors are less powerful and have less "health" than a fully-developed, maybe even muscular 30-year-old. It's really as basic as it gets, you can't even make an argument for it.

8 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Some can, but most can't. In most cases, minors are less powerful and have less "health" than a fully-developed, maybe even muscular 30-year-old. It's really as basic as it gets, you can't even make an argument for it.

I'm not sure how many 30 year-olds you know IRL, but most of the average 30 yo men I've come across in my career, working office jobs, aren't remotely muscular and couldn't beat down a baked potato, even less a healthy 15 year old full of hormones who's pissed at them ^^'

Now of course if we're talking about the average GTAW man ("Very stronk muscular 6'10" all of them lol - we're making fun of hourglass females but there's also a lot of stuff to be said there)... then I suppose it's another matter. 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
On 2/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, Topinambour said:

... to be fair there is a lot to be said about "hourglass" being the most common word in descriptions lol

That said, I'm fucking around, but yes, it's technically true that the average males has higher maximal energy output & explosive strength, as well as V02 max expenditures, and more of that. This, however, mostly matters in a professional fight (such as MMA), or a fair fight. If you have a lower weight and you get stuck into a clinch, you're kinda fucked.

But real-situation brawls/fights are quite different. In those, what matters is mostly who hits first and where, as well as who's distracted or who gets sucker-punched. ^^'

To expand a bit and go back to the original topic... while I abhor the awful proliferation of troll (M)s we got, I'm not sure this is a solution. If we fully hold onto realism, then there have been many a case where a 12 years old overpowered a 20+ year old. Once more, in a purely fair fight, a smaller and lighter kid probably stands no chance, but street fight / brawl conditions are rarely, if ever, fair ^^' And an asshole kid is usually quite good at being unfair lol 

The abysmal RP quality of many (M)s needs to be adressed, yes. In the last 48 hours alone lol, I saw three of them threaten random people over petty shit that /they/ started, and one of them even went for a double homicide with a MAC 10 over it ^^' So there is a problem, no disagreement there. But this here may not be a solution 😕 

Dude, a fucking 12 year old kid can't beat up a 20 year old, It's literally impossible In a fair fight, now If the 20 year old gets jumped by multiple kids, then maybe.... just maybe,  but naaawwhh

On 2/11/2022 at 9:34 PM, Topinambour said:

I'm not sure how many 30 year-olds you know IRL, but most of the average 30 yo men I've come across in my career, working office jobs, aren't remotely muscular and couldn't beat down a baked potato, even less a healthy 15 year old full of hormones who's pissed at them ^^'

Now of course if we're talking about the average GTAW man ("Very stronk muscular 6'10" all of them lol - we're making fun of hourglass females but there's also a lot of stuff to be said there)... then I suppose it's another matter. 

No where are YOU from? A grown man, 9/10 will drop a 15 year old. Doesn't matter when the last time he hit the gym was. 15 yr old aren't fully developed. A fully developed man is much stronger than an adolescent. Average 30 yr old males in the U.S weigh 180 lbs. Average for 15 yr old males is 124 lbs. That's a huge difference, not to mention the height difference.

• Kyra locked this topic