Remove "Headshot is dead" rule and replace with script.

Easy example from yesterday morning, before this was impleneted - road rage turns into a shootout, guy gets shot in the head twice from point-blank range, isn't dead script-wisely. He tells everyone on scene he magically survived and is ready to give his testimony. Nothing we could do about it. We /report'ed, no one was around that early on.

I absolutely support this. The chance of someone shooting you and the bullet grazing you is stupidly low. It either hits or it doesn't. The amount of head-level grazes on GTA World probably massively surmount every single real-life occurrence, from everywhere in the world, in all of history combined.

51 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Easy example from yesterday morning, before this was impleneted - road rage turns into a shootout, guy gets shot in the head twice from point-blank range, isn't dead script-wisely. He tells everyone on scene he magically survived and is ready to give his testimony. Nothing we could do about it. We /report'ed, no one was around that early on.

I absolutely support this. The chance of someone shooting you and the bullet grazing you is stupidly low. It either hits or it doesn't. The amount of head-level grazes on GTA World probably massively surmount every single real-life occurrence, from everywhere in the world, in all of history combined.

this rule has at least clarified that, which is great, but the fear now is that it'll become meta to one-tap in the head and not have to stick around. Oh well. Not the point of the thread.

Good idea, fixes the issue of "but it said i'm wounded not dead", as it could be a genuine mistakes that newer players would make. 
If you get wounded and there's a headshot in your damages, simply make it swap you to the dead state. Easy, simple, clarifying.

9 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

Hey so, this isn't entirely untrue, nor is it entirely true. Gunshots to the head have a fairly surprising survival rate, entirely dependent on

[...]
But also yeah if it automatically means death, just put them in the dead script.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong: there can be (and often is) at least SOME lasting damage. 

It would just be nice to be given the option to RP it instead of being told "you die it's realistic" even though it's objectively not 😕 If someone doesn't feel like RP'ing that kind of damage? I can 100% understand it, like honestly. Go, take a PK, most people won't judge except extremists ^^' But leaving the option opened would be nice. 

As for the original suggestion yeah I suppose. I'm not sure we want to put that change in stone so quickly though, because once more, this rule makes no sense realistically speaking, and it removes RP options instead of adding them 😕 Once it's embedded in the script though, we'll be faced with the excuse of "Oh it's in the script, would be too annoying to change". 

Edited by Topinambour

We'll look into it, but I'll tell you all for sure; there is never going to be a way where everyone is happy with this ruling specifically.

Someone made the point in Discord about drop damage, well, we tested that from a decent distance and the headshot was still 26 damage. It's simple to say "just leave it up to admins" - but then we get 100 staff reports because Admin A said you can live, an Admin B said no the next day. It's one of the rules where we needed some sort of middle ground that was not a super gray area.

Management discussed and agreed that if you get a headshot and go down to wounded - you will have to die. We can implement survival rates and development requests all we want, but it's just going to open more and more "gray area" for players to want to argue with each other or other admins. Then a new thread comes up and says "adjust the script because it's not fair".

It's going to be impossible for us to get everything exactly down to the T when in reality if you are shot in the head you may or may not die. It's never guaranteed you will or won't, everyone is different and everyone's body reacts different. But we can't turn around and just make some random X factor number that decides if you die or not.

Hopefully as-well this makes people triple think whether a shootout is worth it or not. If you get shot in the head, you die and lose everything you have at that point.. Or, you comply with the situation going on and don't die. Who knows. Time will only tell.

• Pillsbury locked and unlocked this topic