Remove "Headshot is dead" rule and replace with script.

Only issue I see with this is people shooting while typing, I think everyone/most of the server knows that the typing symbol above a player's head doesn't always show when their typing. More reports and claims will come from adding this, I'm not saying I'm against it just be aware of the things that are going to come along with this addition.

Headshotting is already meta because this game has no recoil whatsoever and everyone's marksman and it ignores armor AND it does a ton of damage. There's no reason to FURTHER encourage the headshot meta ( which is unrealistic, no one goes for headshots IRL ) by making it the PK/CK option.

It should go like this, you're Wounded, you're critically injured and need treatment. You DIE, DIE if you get no treatment or if you get shot AGAIN while wounded, to the point where you go from script wounded to just Dead.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
On 4/8/2022 at 3:58 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

Headshotting is already meta because this game has no recoil whatsoever and everyone's marksman and it ignores armor AND it does a ton of damage. There's no reason to FURTHER encourage the headshot meta ( which is unrealistic, no one goes for headshots IRL ) by making it the PK/CK option.

It should go like this, you're Wounded, you're critically injured and need treatment. You DIE, DIE if you get no treatment or if you get shot AGAIN while wounded, to the point where you go from script wounded to just Dead.

So basically if someone gets shot in the head twice by a pistol or literally any gun that means they should just be wounded and would be able to survive?  That completely just removes realism from a roleplay server and makes it seem as if it's call of duty.

Anyone who gets in a gunfight and feels that it was improperly escalated / deathmatching can easily use the /report function in game to have it handled with a staff member or post a forum report.

1 hour ago, Seanny said:

Honestly, more recoil is needed, or alternatively have a much lower chance of a bullet actually hitting the target in the head (i.e. 10% chance that a bullet hits during a headshot) unless you're at point-blank (i.e. < 5m) range.

Nonsensical idea. Current system is fine

Not a fan of the 100% chance of death on a headshot thing, I think people die plenty in a world where everybody's a dead-eyed psychopath who walks up and 2-taps anybody who hits the floor. But yeah, if the rule's gonna be there, this should be a thing.

Would probably save the admins a lot of headaches.

Edited by Snoof
On 4/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Seanny said:

Honestly, more recoil is needed, or alternatively have a much lower chance of a bullet actually hitting the target in the head (i.e. 10% chance that a bullet hits during a headshot) unless you're at point-blank (i.e. < 5m) range.

I've got a system that might work, if you're interested. Passed it by a couple of the GTAW devs, and they believe it can be done.

• 1 month later...

Imma go ahead and bump this. If you receive 1 headshot and get put into the injured state, not dead state, you should have a chance to survive as long as you get immediate medical care. What's the point of the injured state if someone has to roleplay dead no matter what? It doesn't matter how far away the headshot is from, what caliber it came from. You have to roleplay dead, it's dumb. If you receive multiple and go into the dead state? Sure, you are dead. 

''Players that are placed in the downed mode (wounded mode) with a headshot will be considered automatically dead. If you survive and are not placed in wounded/downed mode - you can RP the injuries not being as serious. This ruling comes into effect when you are hit in the head and are placed in the wounded/downed mode stage at any point of the shooting. For example, if you are downed and you have five leg shots, and only one head shot, as soon as you are in wounded/downed mode, you will be forced to PK.''

It should be the same as for neck injuries:

''If you are shot in the chest/neck and are placed in wounded/downed mode, you will have a rough estimate of five to ten minutes to live depending on if you receive adequate medical attention that is up to generalized medical standards''