Remove "Headshot is dead" rule and replace with script.

12 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

We'll look into it, but I'll tell you all for sure; there is never going to be a way where everyone is happy with this ruling specifically.

Someone made the point in Discord about drop damage, well, we tested that from a decent distance and the headshot was still 26 damage. It's simple to say "just leave it up to admins" - but then we get 100 staff reports because Admin A said you can live, an Admin B said no the next day. It's one of the rules where we needed some sort of middle ground that was not a super gray area.

Management discussed and agreed that if you get a headshot and go down to wounded - you will have to die. We can implement survival rates and development requests all we want, but it's just going to open more and more "gray area" for players to want to argue with each other or other admins. Then a new thread comes up and says "adjust the script because it's not fair".

It's going to be impossible for us to get everything exactly down to the T when in reality if you are shot in the head you may or may not die. It's never guaranteed you will or won't, everyone is different and everyone's body reacts different. But we can't turn around and just make some random X factor number that decides if you die or not.

Hopefully as-well this makes people triple think whether a shootout is worth it or not. If you get shot in the head, you die and lose everything you have at that point.. Or, you comply with the situation going on and don't die. Who knows. Time will only tell.

W Response.

Bullets and humans do crazy insane shit sometimes and having it where it matters via script would be annoying as fuck for the future. I think it's fine how it is right now, just because again, bullets and human beings are uncomprehendable and just insane to work out and having RNG be a factor would just make extra pointless work.  Adding in random factors for bullet damage and shit would be pointless. 

22 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

Management discussed and agreed that if you get a headshot and go down to wounded - you will have to die. We can implement survival rates and development requests all we want, but it's just going to open more and more "gray area" for players to want to argue with each other or other admins. Then a new thread comes up and says "adjust the script because it's not fair".

I entirely understand your point and view on this. It doesn't apply to the OP suggestion however but more the sub-suggestions people have made in the responses. As far as the actual suggestion goes all it were requesting is that upon hitting wounded state if you have a headshot there is no point in not being transferred to dead.

If a player was to argue for example that the script is unfair, they're not actually arguing against the script putting them in "Has Died", they're just arguing against the rule itself at that point, as even if the script was not there, they'd still have to accept dead nonetheless. The script makes absolutely zero difference in the outcome, all it does it enforces that you are dead and creates less confusion when a player has "Wounded" above their head when the rule entirely stipulates, they're dead.

I suppose the only way to know if its needed is with time and how people adapt to this rule. Maybe I'll be wrong and everyone will understand and agree with the rule itself and you wont get plenty of reports of people disagreeing with being dead when they have wounded above their head. And if so, great.

21 hours ago, etherair said:

Bullets and humans do crazy insane shit sometimes and having it where it matters via script would be annoying as fuck for the future. I think it's fine how it is right now, just because again, bullets and human beings are uncomprehendable and just insane to work out and having RNG be a factor would just make extra pointless work.  Adding in random factors for bullet damage and shit would be pointless. 

I don't suggest any RNG at all for the record, I don't agree with RNG in roleplay. And as far as implementation goes, it's simply searching each injury upon hitting wounded to see if any match a headshot. The script would not change anything as far as your characters survivability goes. Unless you consider being "Wounded" with a headshot as being alive.

also, this thread can be locked if you want. The idea of it is across I feel.

Edited by KaythPlus
On 2/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, Hollywood Boulevard said:

The script part's irrelevant. We shouldn't need a script to determine this.

Following this logic, why do we need a script at all? You really don't need much of anything scripted if you could rely on players having integrity and playing realistically, but that's the problem.

I don't see any reason that this would not be a part of the script. If you're forced to RP dying from headshots, why would it not be part of the script?

• Applaud 1
12 hours ago, KaythPlus said:

I suppose the only way to know if its needed is with time and how people adapt to this rule. Maybe I'll be wrong and everyone will understand and agree with the rule itself and you wont get plenty of reports of people disagreeing with being dead when they have wounded above their head. And if so, great.

That's very true, though. If this is observed and it's noticed that people respect the rule, the scripted aspect of it isn't really necessary.

some of you can't read.

this isn't saying you get hit in the head and you instantly rag doll and die. if you survive the shoot out, you can those injuries as graze wounds or whatever and keep going. that's what the rules are as of now.

what it is saying is that if you get shot and get put into brutally wounded, if your /damages say at least 1 bullet it a headshot, you're dead and the script should automatically put you into has died.

it's not complicated. take your time and read every word twice next time.

• Applaud 1
  • 1 month later...

Hope this gets implemented. My first week playing on the server I shot some dude a bunch of times in the head and he roleplayed having a "grazed ear".. which entirely just took the continuity out of the situation completely. Majority of the time a player is using a firearm in a situation with proper reasoning and the other times they go to forum reports, therefore I can't see how this could be abused whatsoever as it only keeps continuity up to par and improves realism as a whole.