Remove "Headshot is dead" rule and replace with script.

The rule to remove

IG 2 | Powergaming (A specific sub-part of the rule)

"Players that are placed in the downed mode (wounded mode) with a headshot will be considered automatically dead. [...]"

Suggestion

As the new rule states if you get dropped into wounded whilst having any headshot you are considered inarguably, undoubtably, dead. There is no argument to be had. Thus, we should utilize the script we already have that puts "Has Died" above the players head if they meet the citerea of having a headshot when they get wounded. There is no reason not to implement this. GTA World can be decisive at times, we all know that people will argue that they survived. My question is why rely on /report to solve issues of people not following this new rule when we have the utility and script already in use to prevent it. The /report option is an amazing utility for scenarios that are not clear-cut but for such a black and white rule that we have the tools already to fix, why not simply use those?

This is not suggesting

• You should instantly go into "Has Died" immediately upon a headshot

Implementation

Assuming the initial code is reasonable and good, simply go to the function called upon being wounded and add a conditional statement checking if a headshot from a firearm exists, if so proceed to call the "Has Died" relevent function.

This thread does not disagree with the rule or attempt to fight against it

Make sure to read. This thread is suggesting we do the expected and have the dead state include a situation where you are dead.

Edited by KaythPlus

The script part's irrelevant. We shouldn't need a script to determine this.

I was dumb and didn't read, I'd like to apologize to my friends, family and associates of this wonderful community. 

I do have to reiterate that if somebody checks their damages and they notice there's a headshot there then they should just be accepting death. Common sense prevails, which is the point I attempted to make in my initial post. 

Edited by Hollywood Boulevard
11 minutes ago, Hollywood Boulevard said:

Evidently you read the title without reading the post, hence the edit.

Sure, we shouldn't need it. But we have it, it's literally implemented for cases of severe damage. Maybe in rose-tinted glasses there aren't clashes in B about deaths but in the actual game, there are. If a script dead is in the game why not use it for the black and white cases such as a rule starting X means dead, it's entirely plausable. Unless it's your opinion we don't need the dead state at all? If not I'm curious to why this specific scenario is the one you think we don't need it for?

7 minutes ago, L I C E said:

yeah it saves some arguing in /b 

"nooo bro I'm wounded not dead im gonna rp recovery n stuff!!!"

Exactly. Rules simply offload more work to Administrators whereas scripts do not. In roleplay we shouldn't need scripts to do our roleplaying for us but in cases where there is a black and white scenario rule such as this new one, it makes no logical sense not to simply put the script in place. Anyone who plays world knows for fact deaths and shootings are some of the most argued about and inflamed scenarios. It's a perfect use-case.

Edited by KaythPlus

Not sure how that makes sense :x As posted on another thread, this is just flat-out science-fiction. We're not in 1991 anymore.

And even back in 1991...

image.thumb.png.d659f51b9547fd330b697865a6e367ce.png

8% survival rate, almost one out of ten, for penetrating headshots. Already back in nineteen ninety fucking one ><

The most recent medical and published surveys in 2016 gave over 40% (!!!) of survival rate for headshots, if the victim was brought to a proper trauma center. And again: if you google it or look on Quora, you see "oh no it's lethal", but if you look at actually published stuff by actual researchers and actual doctors, already 11 years ago, we had surprisingly and crazily higher survival rates x_x  

The reason is that most of the brain isn't "that" useful - you can have as little as minor memory loss, as long as the core parts are left undamaged. The reason why so many headshot victims died in the 1990s is because there were no good medical techniques to stop the blood loss. 

It just makes zero sense :x Giving an automatic PK if the person's not brought to PHMC? Perfect sense. "Auto dead"... not really. Let's not stay stuck in the 1980s 😞 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Topinambour said:

Not sure how that makes sense :x As posted on another thread, we're not in 1991 anymore. The survival rate for headshots back then was already 5% though, so NOT automatic death. But the most recent surveys in 2020 gave almost 40% (!!!) or survival rate for headshots, if the victim was brought to a proper trauma center. Reason is that those deaths aren't because the brain is too damaged: it's because of blood loss. And of those 40%, a solid 50% recover with no severe problems... 

It just makes zero sense :x Giving an automatic PK if the person's not brought to PHMC? Perfect sense. "Auto dead"... not really. 

I'm going to be completely honest with you, I entirely agree that they shouldn't be automatic death. My suggestion here is that since this rule has now been implemented and it's in the game, it makes no sense not to implement the dead state and remove the rule.

This suggestion isn't saying I want headshots to equal death, I don't. But sadly, they already do now. And since that wont chance, I think it'd be a whole lot better to simply patch the script in.

I think the problem here is that people are too hung up on the script and the 'death states' as they are. Brutally wounded vs dead. But honestly, it shouldn't matter what 'state' someone is in. Either way, an individual in one of those states is incapacitated. If someone is shot in the head, and incapacitated, they should be roleplay-wise dead. Otherwise they may not have to roleplay-wise be dead. The differential between dead and wounded in the script is largely irrelevant and why it creates confusion, and people shouldn't be worried too much about what the script there is saying.

Incapacitated is incapacitated. 

Edit - Don't feed me your garbage of "hey some people can survive stuff like this IRL!" We're playing a video game here, there is an element of balance that needs to be addressed and that's what rules like this are for. 

Edited by Inked
25 minutes ago, Hollywood Boulevard said:

No script because as it states in the rule, if you get shot in the head and you don't get wounded or damaged it can b e RPed as less severe since you never died on the floor or enter a wounded state, if this headshot system was in place the recoil system would need a re-do and it should be harder to hit heads.

Edited by ZaE
19 minutes ago, Inked said:

I think the problem here is that people are too hung up on the script and the 'death states' as they are. Brutally wounded vs dead. But honestly, it shouldn't matter what 'state' someone is in. Either way, an individual in one of those states is incapacitated. If someone is shot in the head, and incapacitated, they should be roleplay-wise dead. Otherwise they may not have to roleplay-wise be dead. The differential between dead and wounded in the script is largely irrelevant and why it creates confusion, and people shouldn't be worried too much about what the script there is saying.

Incapacitated is incapacitated. 

Edit - Don't feed me your garbage of "hey some people can survive stuff like this IRL!" We're playing a video game here, there is an element of balance that needs to be addressed and that's what rules like this are for. 

To quote management (Source), May 16, 2021, Pillsbury.

"As the way it currently is, if you have "Has died" - you are dead, there is no arguing this. [...]" (Excluding Bugs)

"If you do not have "Has died" and only have "wounded" mode - it means you are living. You have a pulse and are breathing. [...]"

It goes on to explain how after a certain amount of time you are dead and for arguable cases where time and courtesy are included I think the wounded state suits perfectly well. But as you can see, clearly there are differences and as per what was said the state has played a large part in determining the state of what you are free to roleplay.

As such, I simply can't understand why in cases that are black and white, you are dead if this value is true (being a headshot and wounded). Why not initiate the other state. People say a script isn't needed, I'm convinced you don't have much experience with the heated nature of shoot-outs and people who've been shot. Script dead literally prevents abuse ontop of that.

Edited by KaythPlus
  • Pillsbury locked and unlocked this topic