Where are the truckers?

ZaE

I want to roleplay as a long-haul truck driver, but i can't. I should make 1000 (!) delivers to get permission to use a bigger truck. That is couple months of full-time trucking on server, crazy. Also all truckers experiencing a lot of bugs during deliveries, payments are not really good - it's the same price for crate delivery for 2 km and for 12 km. 

Also burritto is broken for this week, so many people can't use it.

3 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Or get a contract with IMEX for your business.

This isn't a realistic solution, though. There's simply not enough truckers and interest to deal with every business in the game, even with IMEX alone there's a huge backlog, and if everyone used IMEX's premium service, we'd be back to the same issue.

11 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Because at the time who was doing it? Most of the new people who came from other communities after Epic Game Store gave GTAV for free. Those people we rushing, not Roleplaying other issues, rushing their deliveries, not stopping at intersections, causing chases with cops, not role-playing their drop off. Owning several 300k cars and continued trucking. They created this situation back then, they created the bad name and reputation, no one forgot nor fixed it.

pot meet kettle.

the only people who cared about rushed roleplay in deliveries were and are people who spend too much worrying about others, and not themselves. if you cared so much about people having shit portrayal then asides from crying about it with a circle of friends, make a forum report or rpqm.

this is a problem created by people who just in general were too anal about small things on a video game. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, etherair said:

pot meet kettle.

the only people who cared about rushed roleplay in deliveries were and are people who spend too much worrying about others, and not themselves. if you cared so much about people having shit portrayal then asides from crying about it with a circle of friends, make a forum report or rpqm.

this is a problem created by people who just in general were too anal about small things on a video game. 

What you think I done? I reported. Specifically the ones I saw were dealt with. The ones I did not were not most likely. Regarding "too anal", when someone does something when there are clear rules he read when applying here via ucp, he breaks them. This should not go un-handled. If a person fails to uphold the small rules, he won't care for the large ones when he breaks them.

Honestly I'd like to see trucking companies actually do more to cultivate a more social workplace culture whether it's through promoting events outside of work or simply doing more to interact with employees on the lower end of the hierarchy in some form. I've been with Bluewater for two and a half months, yet due to frequent employee turnover and the anti-social nature of trucking itself I've only managed to meet a handful of fellow employees(it took me a while and a ton of effort on my part to find people not in a 24/7 grind mode).

I know the business model of trucking companies is to mass recruit a bunch of random people/new players, then ignore them unless they get into trouble and live off the 5% commission on each crate they sell. However there should be something interesting done on the company's behalf to hook these players in longer to avoid employee turnover. Right now from my perspective it feels like the truckers in Bluewater are just numbers and the management team faceless individuals that barely have any relevance in my character's life.

24 minutes ago, El Bandito said:

Honestly I'd like to see trucking companies actually do more to cultivate a more social workplace culture whether it's through promoting events outside of work or simply doing more to interact with employees on the lower end of the hierarchy in some form. I've been with Bluewater for two and a half months, yet due to frequent employee turnover and the anti-social nature of trucking itself I've only managed to meet a handful of fellow employees(it took me a while and a ton of effort on my part to find people not in a 24/7 grind mode).

I know the business model of trucking companies is to mass recruit a bunch of random people/new players, then ignore them unless they get into trouble and live off the 5% commission on each crate they sell. However there should be something interesting done on the company's behalf to hook these players in longer to avoid employee turnover. Right now from my perspective it feels like the truckers in Bluewater are just numbers and the management team faceless individuals that barely have any relevance in my character's life.

This is in part because the system encourages and forces trucking companies to work in a certain way. They have no agency when it comes to the logistics aspect of the business, which is supposed to be the core activity. It would be much better if trucking companies manage their inventories themselves in distribution centers/warehouses, and then arrange orders with customers. Right now, all of that is taken away from them by the script. This is why there is such a disconnect.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, Engelbert said:

Busy complaining about the grind not paying off, while forgetting, that we are here to rp not grind money like in an mmo. Which is why I'd rather give my money to a trucking company keeping my supplies in check, than let it be done by random van driver 20347 grinding money for their new char.

Or do it myself, cause it still makes more sense for an employee to be also the one resupplying.

If that was the case, businesses wouldn't have component shortage due to people "grinding" as you say.

I think a lot of members of the community share the same opinion as you do, pretty much shaming the truckers by calling every single one of them a grinder, and then you are surprised people don't want to do that job. Most businesses are open for two hours a week and they receive most of their deliveries when they are closed, how do you expect a trucker to RP with owners / managers of the business if they aren't open during the deliveries? And then same businesses call those truckers grinders.

It's worth mentioning that if truckers don't RP properly and just "grind" as you say, they are punished by admins, every single trucker I have encountered has RP'ed as much as they could given the circumstances, mainly the way script works. Shortage is caused by the large portion of the community who have the same opinion as you do who keep shaming truckers and then the same people are bummed out when players don't want to do the job.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic