Where are the truckers?

ZaE

Truckers are still here but like many said here already, they just dont wanna do it or log in anymore because of constant harassement, just how goddamn boring it is and other factors. BWL/IMEX is still active but coupled with IRL things and the IC stuff, difficult.

also IMEX does actual trucking RP for me in that they deliver routers to my clients so they get fun rp out of that other than just delivering components yknow?

As one of the trucker roleplayers, it's just burnout in my case. It's point A to point B, zero interaction, everyone drives like a fucking cunt no matter if you're a cop, a trucker or anyone else on the road. I'm honestly just tired, I feel like I'm trying too hard when I drive realistically and slowly, because nobody cares and then we get a bad rep because some truckers drive like they're in Pakistan. I don't need the money from it because my character is basically balling in assets and I don't care, therefore unless I'm in the mood to go trucking on World, I won't go trucking. I will go play ATS/ETS2 instead.

Honestly I don't like how trucking companies reward the grinders in RP with promotions for making the most rushed deliveries in a month or whatever. However It's not the company's fault or the players grinding themselves, it's the grindy meta trucking system itself that encourages this behaviour. I can't think of a better system myself, but one that adds more incentives for social interaction and discourages doing quick short rushed deliveries would be welcome.

My main character does truck for her main job, but she usually get distracted by other kinds of rp both legal and illegal. Trucking has simply become her backup job for when all other avenues are roleplay are exhausted. I joined the job before I even knew it was a profitable grind, I thought being a trucker would be the perfect cover for a drug trafficker, which it is honestly. OOC however truckers have a very bad rep in this community, so obviously it makes me less incline to RP as a trucker knowing I'll be thrown in the same category as those truckers that grind heavily for mansions or sports cars.

If I have a body shop just outside of Elysian Island that pays $300/crate, I am going to deliver there instead of a shop 3 miles away that pays $250 per crate. Same applies IRL, truckers will go for the shortest route with the highest pay most of the times. So maybe increase the truck capacity / increase pay and you may see a difference. Having to do 500 loads just to drive a Pounder, where you actually start making some good money, puts things into perspective. And I think trucking is a fun job, I would rather do that than sit in a grocery store and RP'ing as a cashier, or stand by a gas station hours at a time and pick on people walking by, which I always thought is ridiculous.

Edited by Maximus.

As a former trucker, I can just confirm most of what was said here yeah.

- The bad rep truckers have is a thing: the VERY FIRST reply on this thread is here to remind us of it lmao

- Supply points are bad: some components are only available in one single area (e.g.: the port which is a place quite a few truckers dislike now)

- Routes are not great: because of the previous issue, some businesses are left aside, because nobody wants to do a grindy job for $200 an hour

- Interface problems: delivering to a business that has "no money left" is getting super annoying

- What El Bandito mentioned: making more money doesn't mean being a better supervisor... though to be fair, it's a problem a lot of RL companies have (Peter principle)

- Driving realistically is tiring: you accelerate. You brake. You accelerate. You brake. There are red lights at every corner and they stay green for 4 seconds so you keep just braking and going and braking and going and it gets mentally tiring after a while

- Driving unrealistically is just dumb: in addition to getting T-boned you can just get pulled over, or flat-out reported, so not a good idea either

- So no matter how you drive: you lose. Either your brain feels like jelly, or you're driving like a fucking moron (which you shouldn't)

Among the suggested solutions, carrying more components per crate could be an idea to help with the trucker drought. This means IF a trucker comes to your business, you don't need them to go back & forth 50 times to fill your components. And IF no truckers come to your business and you deliver yourself components, you can do it in a reasonable amount of time. 

Edited by Topinambour
1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

- Interface problems: delivering to a business that has "no money left" is getting super annoying

Wasn't this recently changed so that you still get paid and lose the crates, but the business gets nothing? In any case, the script does need a proper rework, though balancing something like a trucker job while keeping it fun and interesting isn't as easy as it sounds, sadly. The thread I linked above did have a few suggestions for that.

months ago: "lmao trucking rp? low tier your suck"

now: "where trucker :("

you guys really write the best modern tragedies. 

the roleplay is boring and it's sickening when you get mass lumped in for "lazy roleplay" and a "grinder" by several players of the community.

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, etherair said:

months ago: "lmao trucking rp? low tier your suck"

now: "where trucker :("

you guys really write the best modern tragedies. 

the roleplay is boring and it's sickening when you get mass lumped in for "lazy roleplay" and a "grinder" by several players of the community.

Because at the time who was doing it? Most of the new people who came from other communities after Epic Game Store gave GTAV for free. Those people we rushing, not Roleplaying other issues, rushing their deliveries, not stopping at intersections, causing chases with cops, not role-playing their drop off. Owning several 300k cars and continued trucking. They created this situation back then, they created the bad name and reputation, no one forgot nor fixed it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic