Basketball current scene

joaoivis

The basketball scene at ULSA is completely NPC'd right now, the team is slowly growing again but most sporting events we host are NPC'd. This is just to allow the univeristy to gain a following on social media and to allow the people roleplaying as students to have something to waffle about on campus. "Did you see the game last night, they lost again, maybe they need a new coach".

Maybe we could look at getting some leagues set up for the community to get involved with. Might be something worth setting up there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm unsure if people know about the SA Port authority, but essentially they're a faction who hosts 'dock work' for their members and any illegal RPer who wants to do a 'slice of life' RP and get some character development that isn't centered around direct illegal activity - just day to day life at the docks, where they RP their shift and get paid for it.

If there are minor's who'd be interested in the RP,  we could try similar around the basketball scene. ULSA would set up an academy for upcoming talent, targeting 14-18 year old characters (illegal or legal).

Characters would be able to sign up for the academy and partake in some basketball RP, ULSA would award prospective talents with grants and you'd get paid from our faction.

Based on popularity, this could just be a red vs blue type game or it could expand into a small league depending on demand.

I'm happy to work with folks to help set this up if there is interest.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • 1 month later...

We are setting up an amateur basketball league that will bring events to the city but also funds and things to do for people that make basketball part of their development. It will also bring promo opportunities for businesses. If anybody wants to help out or simply get involved - PM me here on forums or on discord: sCrax#2153.

• Upvote 1
On 2/8/2022 at 1:53 AM, nateX said:

Tried developing my 5'8 Armenian character with basketball. Joined ULSA's basketball team and all only to discover that it's dead and that my homie and I are the only ones actually roleplaying around it. It's a cool way, wish there was more RP around it.

We revived it back in a day with practices, 2k games simulations, etc, but yeah - it’s only fun if the rest of ULSA rps around it and accepts the fact it exists.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 7:36 PM, joaoivis said:

What are your thoughts on the current used system and do you know if there is any active basketball roleplay scene around? Even if it is in closed doors between illegal factions in South Central.

I would love it, I love basketball a lot and there is a big basketball community that just can't rp properly because it is very limited and hard to do within LS. A local leuge would be insanely fun

8 minutes ago, $hadow said:

It's kinda sad seeing no one using the soccer script.

Tried the soccer script at the field in Mirror Park a few weeks ago with some friends, the sync was terrible. I'd love to see a basketball script though

Edited by Fasholy
3 hours ago, $hadow said:

It's kinda sad seeing no one using the soccer script. I imagine there won't ever be some basketball script with how clunky it'd be, but it'd have been a nice one. I haven't seen it being done RP'ly yet.

I've played in Davis quite a bit, and see a decent amount of people. We normally just play one on one and use flipcoin to determine if our shots are any good.

• Wuhtah locked this topic