Add IVPack (and Vanillaworks) vehicles - lore friendly

Haitian

High poly real life vehicle mods are a performance strain on low end players and have major pop in issues. Also the cause of submarines in PD/SD when they sink into the ground. 

I think mods should be reserved for vehicles that we lack, such as a compact PD SUV (very common in real life), and maybe specific popular vehicles from older GTA versions. Long as the models are updated.

There's a good website for it I can't recall. 

Yeah, I should mention that all the vehicles in the pack are low-poly etc. They really are just like any other vehicle in GTA V, it's incredible. I don't think it would cause performance strain either, because of the aforementioned. If people with low-end computers can run GTA V on its own, they can use the vehicles from the mod. They really are literally no different than the vehicles we currently have in-game in terms of performance use. 

I highly recommend checking out the mod to anyone who's interested, it's great. And easy to uninstall if you're using OpenIV and have a mods folder. 

I also agree that no, we absolutely should not add vehicles from real-life in GTA. GTA is GTA, that's that. I'm fine if people roleplay Pepsi as Pepsi or whatever, but I think branching that into vehicles is step too far, especially given all the brands and such Rockstar have made for us anyway. Might as well use them. 

Edited by Haitian
3 hours ago, Rozi said:

You clearly didn't read what he said or looked at the mod. The cars are vehicles from GTA IV and SA converted to GTA V, not real life brands.

You clearly didn't read nor even look at what I posted. I never said they were. I don't know where you even got that from. I was just making the statement that it would (in my opinion) break immersion to have both real life brands with a mixture of GTA's lore vehicles. So I insisted and went along with what he pretty much said in regards of just sticking with all real life brands, or just sticking with all GTA lore. Which obviously the 2nd option would be much, much, easier.

Edited by Soupiest

Vanillaworks or IVPack would do. They're both created by the same people, so the same quality across the board.

Have to admit though, I prefer IVPack just for the sheer amount of vehicles it provides, rather than modifications to pre-existing vehicles. 

6 hours ago, norrig said:

Love them. Absolutely love them. I wish those could be added. Should focus on what we have though because there's still much more left to add that's from GTA V, vehicle costumization options are non existent, fairly decent amount of cars are not added. After we get this done, Vanillaworks would be perfect and would def make the server much more unique and might even attract more people.

21 minutes ago, Lance said:

Love them. Absolutely love them. I wish those could be added. Should focus on what we have though because there's still much more left to add that's from GTA V, vehicle costumization options are non existent, fairly decent amount of cars are not added. After we get this done, Vanillaworks would be perfect and would def make the server much more unique and might even attract more people.

A large majority of cars in GTA V are supers and a bit of sports and sport classics which most of them are obviously are restricted behind an auction or other means I might not be aware of.

Though Vanillaworks offers a variety to each vehicle class or at least most which would cater to a RP setting. I assume (and please, don't take my word on the assumption I'm making, as from the previous person who just did) that the majority of the vehicles that are still left are auction only. The more vehicles we have in-game, the more variety. Which is a GREAT thing to have. There's even a few beaters that I like out of that pack and we lack them.

Edit: I'd be either fine with IVPack or Vanillaworks. They're both lore friendly. They both have a vast amount of vehicles that are great to have. And they'd fit in so well as if they were part of a Rockstar DLC. Or even if they were cut content.

Edited by Soupiest