Garages and QR codes, why?

Rhelli

So lately garages started using a new method. We've moved on from catalogs through tablets to QR codes. Some offer a piece of paper with the code, the customer scans it and they're...What, referred to the mechanic menu? Some garages don't even do that, they just have a scene set up, saying there's a QR code on the wall, that's even more low quality. Has the mechanic roleplay become so lazy again, that the mechanics just don't want to interact with customers? I get that not everyone is car savvy, but mechanics could just ask pointed questions what the customers are looking for, instead of *hands over a paper with a QR code*.

Last mechanic roleplay was this low quality, there was a garage draught as they were yoinked from lease holders. Can we put some effort into roleplaying it? Might as well just have drones mod the cars if people are this lazy.

To the admins; is this a legit way of dealing with customers, or can we outright say this is as low quality customer service as it gets?

• Applaud 3

Can highly agree, what's the point of pulling up to the garage if you have to look for the catalog instead of being provided one. People don't even properly roleplay it to a tee, it's just "here's a QR code" - might as well be a russian virus for all I know. They don't tell you what the code is for and where it leads.

What's next, you pay them to work on the car yourself? C'mon people, use your brains.

I've talked about this with a few others that used to own garages. We all agree on one thing; its lazy.

There is no reason to have such a QR code thing apart from being too lazy to roleplay customer interaction.

My character always asks for a catalog. If a garage doesn't have a catalog it's a bad garage and she seeks business elsewhere,

Looking through catalogs and tablets ins't /great/ but it's the only way that makes sense to see what modifications are available, since we can't look it up with out going to the mechanic shop. I haven't seen anyone doing the QR code but that is indeed lazy.

Big shout out to the one garage I visited and the guy was actively turning people away who didn't walk up to him and talk to him first. All the people who just drove up to the Y menu point were being told to go away as they were rude and blocking the entrance. That made me VERY happy. There's good ones out there still!

In my opinion catalogs and QR codes need to go. People should be able to find a way to see what modifications they can apply to their vehicle be it looking on the wiki or a new script in game. I hate it when people just drive up and go "Do you have a catalog" its just so bland instead come in wanting something not just to browse a "catalog"

2 minutes ago, Late said:

Looking through catalogs and tablets ins't /great/ but it's the only way that makes sense to see what modifications are available, since we can't look it up with out going to the mechanic shop. I haven't seen anyone doing the QR code but that is indeed lazy.

Big shout out to the one garage I visited and the guy was actively turning people away who didn't walk up to him and talk to him first. All the people who just drove up to the Y menu point were being told to go away as they were rude and blocking the entrance. That made me VERY happy. There's good ones out there still!

Please redirect me to this garage.

3 minutes ago, Late said:

Addison Murphy is the hero we need but didn't deserve

Edited by moulton
  • Upvote 2

I prefer it did not get handled like this. However, without feedback from YOU guys, I cannot give feedback from them. If you PERSONALLY message me (I do prefer forum PMs as I'm trying to train others in leasing and it's easier for them to see versus discord) I'd appreciate it. Also, any good feedback you see? Tell the garage or come to me so I can tell them as well.

To improve, we need constructive criticism and I am willing to offer that to the owners of said garages. 

• Applaud 2

I'd much rather see people role-playing this than using catalogs. I don't know where and how that started but it's honestly such a vague and unrealistic thing to role-play that I'd much rather not even see it. It's so similar to signing the papers for a vehicle - they both come out of nowhere, go back into the void, and contain literally every single needed. What's this catalog? What does it say? How can such catalog have every single color combination, every single part that's available for every single vehicle that could drive in, regardless of it being a chopper bike, a 4x4 monster truck or a rare Italian antique.

• Wuhtah locked this topic