Do we have too many additions to the world?

Paenymion

I can confirm that before the recent mapping updates and other stuff, I went from playing steady 60fps in full HD to lowering everything I can to barely run at 50 fps. Something is eating too much of the CPU and I don't know what it is. All of my other games, even heavy ones are working just fine.

• Upvote 2
On 2/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, etherair said:

I have a pretty high tier system for GTA V, and months prior I was able to play the game with no issue. The following weeks I've barely been able to roleplay out in the city without texture loss and/or frame loss. Last night during a pursuit that started in the county and ended in the city it was fine out in the county, but once it hit the city limits? Texture loss with frame loss. It hit me like a bad omen which is incredibly annoying. I feel like it was a combo of the new Buffalos and the amount of lighting changes happening. I feel this because once more vehicles left the pursuit and when the sirens turned off my textures and frames started to stabilize rather quickly. It's worth looking into the lighting changes the sirens give off, and perhaps lower the amount of new cruisers every department need. 

Same. I started thinking it was an issue on my side, I overclocked my CPU and GPU, but absolutely no change. This is happening to everyone, a huge range of hardware tiers. It wasn't half as bad couple months ago.

Edited by Kappaurel
On 2/7/2022 at 1:06 PM, DecidedNot said:

70% of your texture loss will be fixed with this simple solution; Samsung SSD 870 EVO. Cheap, durable, fast.

A friend recommended me to invest in one, I don't have a capable enough PC to play in high settings, but I get by just fine on low. While before, with no SDD, I would struggle between 10-15 players? Now I can play around 20 and their cars with little to no stutter. Economic solution.

As for the suggestion? No. People shouldn't have their gaming experience bottleneck'd by other people with less-capable PC's.

Nope. I run my game on SSD, absolutely suffering a huge amount of texture loss. Blaming hardware and "people with less-capable PC's" is a smol brain argument made by someone who has little knowledge about this, with all due respect.

We have people playing with i7s and i9s, RTX 3080s and NVME M2 SSDs, and still getting this sort of problems.

Edited by Kappaurel

Tldr; Everyone is right kinda. Anything that puts more stuff on the screen will affect your cpu and gpu. LOD/Draw distance, model quality, particle effects, shadows, shaders, texture filtering, lighting, wrong directX usage, vulcan usage etc etc. It's not just Rage issue or server issue. FPS drops yes, I can tell you what causes FPS drops in a crime scene. Sirens and lights, not cars themselves, sirens and lights are shadow/light/particle effects, having a huge scene is like having a 100+ full scale battle on full details.So cops perhaps could start limiting their presence on various scenes, when there's a call for backup, back it up, but there also should be a call, that we are fine, we don't need more back up for example.

Edited by Engelbert
18 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Tldr; Everyone is right kinda. Anything that puts more stuff on the screen will affect your cpu and gpu. LOD/Draw distance, model quality, particle effects, shadows, shaders, texture filtering, lighting, wrong directX usage, vulcan usage etc etc. It's not just Rage issue or server issue. FPS drops yes, I can tell you what causes FPS drops in a crime scene. Sirens and lights, not cars themselves, sirens and lights are shadow/light/particle effects, having a huge scene is like having a 100+ full scale battle on full details.So cops perhaps could start limiting their presence on various scenes, when there's a call for backup, back it up, but there also should be a call, that we are fine, we don't need more back up for example.

Or uhm.. If the lights are the issue.. Maybe like, turn the lights off for most people on scene. I don't know how this turns into a less cop presence thing. 

On 2/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, joaoivis said:

I can confirm that before the recent mapping updates and other stuff, I went from playing steady 60fps in full HD to lowering everything I can to barely run at 50 fps. Something is eating too much of the CPU and I don't know what it is. All of my other games, even heavy ones are working just fine.

Also confirming this. I had my game very fine tuned to run at a steady 60fps. No dips, no lag, even in very demanding situations. I hadn't been in game since the new mapping was added and my first time in two nights ago I could hardly maintain 50 fps without constant stuttering. 

It's pretty sad that on a gaming laptop meant for running much "heavier" games is falling to its knees over this server. At some point there needs to be a balance.

• 3 weeks later...

how about instead of useless updates dividing the playerbase we optimize and remove some trash scripts or have them rewritten in their entirety?

was recently told where to find my 0.3.7 assets and saw shit i havent seen at any point in my life.

copy-pasted, bloated code, 6k+ event_handler.js, multiple instances of the same library quite clearly added by different people, its like the folk that added that code have never spoken to one-another at any point and all the blatantly ctrl+v, oh god, the amount of copy-pasted lines of code

i get it, we're scared that fixing shit will break more shit than it fixes, but im surprised that the server even launches with my pc taking hits from rage, eac, r*, epic, the unoptimized textures and the aforementioned spaghetti

gtaw:ru is actually putting in effort to optimize their experience, why isnt gtaw prime?

On 3/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, AlphaBatal said:

how about instead of useless updates dividing the playerbase we optimize and remove some trash scripts or have them rewritten in their entirety?

was recently told where to find my 0.3.7 assets and saw shit i havent seen at any point in my life.

copy-pasted, bloated code, 6k+ event_handler.js, multiple instances of the same library quite clearly added by different people, its like the folk that added that code have never spoken to one-another at any point and all the blatantly ctrl+v, oh god, the amount of copy-pasted lines of code

i get it, we're scared that fixing shit will break more shit than it fixes, but im surprised that the server even launches with my pc taking hits from rage, eac, r*, epic, the unoptimized textures and the aforementioned spaghetti

gtaw:ru is actually putting in effort to optimize their experience, why isnt gtaw prime?

honestly a full rewrite and optimization would probably fix many issues but its a mass amount of work, you still need to push out updates for the main game whilst working on the rewrite so it'd take way too much time

• Wuhtah locked this topic