Do we have too many additions to the world?

Paenymion

1 hour ago, OliHaydes said:

I think the randomly placed concrete barriers, phone boxes etc need to go.

The concrete barriers are placed in awful positions to the point where it makes it hard to drive by something without crashing into it, sometimes.

Drive more carefully then. The barriers are fine. I never run into them. The ones down at the docks are there for a reason to stop people from driving over sidewalks and zooming through parking lots like its Dukes of Hazard.

5 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Drive more carefully then. The barriers are fine. I never run into them. The ones down at the docks are there for a reason to stop people from driving over sidewalks and zooming through parking lots like its Dukes of Hazard.

I don’t mean in terms of the docks; I agree with those. I mean those that are against the crosswalk in Pillbox, for example, and in Vespucci. They’re annoying when they appear at the last second with texture loss.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Nervous said:

There are no 4k textured cars. @Oggy can re-explain it better.

nervous is correct here. way back we had 4k textures loading at a close distance, else 2k. Those 4k textures have been gone for a while now.

Sure, the additions are a lot, but at the end of the day, as others are saying, we are dealing with an engine that was never meant to deal with the amount of players we deal with right now. Whenever we do additions, we try to optimize them as well as we can to have minimal impact on players and their overall performance.

The issues we are facing would also happen if we used purely vanilla vehicles. It is the amount of vehicles and player models spawned at a given time, that make the difference here.

• Upvote 1

actual modded vehicles are usually heavily optimized to the point where there is very little difference between them and vanilla cars with a few exceptions, the only thing that truly effects performance is the amount of player mp peds and vehicles, regardless if they're vanilla or not, that actually causes texture loss. the added map props are extremely minuscule in comparison. Charleston for example is a 10 mb addition, 10 megabytes, that is nothing.

5 hours ago, stringer said:

These issues are not created by server addition, they are created because Ragemp is an incredibly bad multiplayer client. Texture loss is not caused by the mods we have but by Ragemp being shit. If we would run a vanilla server with 0  mods and have gigantic scenes, texture loss would still occur.

Doubt.

On the same PC I was getting way better performance in 2019 than I do now. RageMP might be shit but I very much doubt the plethora of higher res mods added in the 3 years since 2019 have not impacted performance.

The map mod added a few months back has absolutely cost a few FPS.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

actual modded vehicles are usually heavily optimized to the point where there is very little difference between them and vanilla cars with a few exceptions, the only thing that truly effects performance is the amount of player mp peds and vehicles, regardless if they're vanilla or not, that actually causes texture loss. the added map props are extremely minuscule in comparison. Charleston for example is a 10 mb addition, 10 megabytes, that is nothing.

Exactly and also there are some objects from the furniture list that can do the same impact as mp peds/vehicles can or worse. Usually it's some light or fire object that has been duplicated a couple of times next to each other.

I am speaking because I was the main host of mass events and was in contact with various modders/mappers/players + administration in order to bring the best out of it.

Edited by ScottieP

Although these are all good points, FiveM has managed to overcome this issue with big RP servers on their platform, having 700+ players, better sync and most importantly nothing disappearing, trust me, I had to see with my own eyes. It just goes on to show how dogshit RageMP is. Regardless of the number of server mod optimizations, it just dies anyways. It needs some serious backend optimizations. 

Edited by BadassBaboon
1 minute ago, BadassBaboon said:

Although these are all good points, FiveM has managed to overcome this issue with big RP servers on their platform, having 700+ players, better sync and most importantly nothing disappearing, trust me, I had to see with my own eyes. It just goes on to show how dogshit RageMP is. Regardless of the number of server mod optimization, it just dies anyways.

FiveM kinda feels like a modded gta o server rather than a standalone client. I've joined a couple servers and it was just awful.

• Wuhtah locked this topic