GTA 6 Confirmed?

BadassBaboon

A very exciting announcement no doubt. I look forward to seeing the media that Rockstar release over the coming months/years.

I don't really remember the hype for GTA V incidentally. I do however remember the hype on the lead up to GTA IV. The little videos that popped up, the obsession with the screenshots that Rockstar released. It really did have me worked up in a good way. Not sure why I didn't get so hyped about GTA V.

For the pessimistic crowd that are doubting the quality, I do urge you to try to adopt a positive approach. Yes, GTA online is certainly not something I enjoy or subscribe to, but you can't claim that the singleplayer GTA V wasn't an absolute gem. That is the standard you should look at, not the micro-transaction world that is GTA online. I'm sure that we'll see another inspired storyline that is unexpectedly intrinsically tied in with other strands in some way.

Roll on the next few years!

• Applaud 1
On 2/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, vralf said:

Yeah, quite a hilarious analogy dude..

it's not funny, just sad. the game named after stealing cars and you can't steal cars anymore. there's no "grand theft auto" in grand theft auto lol. you can't steal and keep cars worth over 100k  you find in the online, even from civilians. u gotta buy em lol. so much for "grand theft auto". the radio has advertisements for digifarm n shit which parody microtransaction filled games, which GTAonline has become.

i think the singleplayer will be okay! but the multiplayer will never be the same again. there's no grand theft auto in grand theft auto.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:50 AM, orca112 said:

That has been four years ago and, singleplayer campaign aside, the multiplayer has already been trimmed to maximize profits. If Rockstar would not have abandoned that project, that could have been a bigger milk cow than GTA V. But instead they opted for a quick cash grab to boost the statistics with the ReMaStErEd, so the course they are headed remains. These days it is best to have little no expectations at all, and I rather be positively surprised than seeing yet another hype train and high expectations smashing against a brick wall called 'reality' (r.e. Fallout $79, Skyrim release #23125, No Mans Lie, Cyberbug 2077, Battlefield 20-42 FPS, etc).

Play outer wilds

No expectations required great damn game 100% would and have played multiple playthroughs

Yes outer wilds 

Not outer worlds

EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Bethesda and a lot more mainstream studios have dwindled in quality a lot over the past years.

Is Skyrim anniversary edition a fun game? Sure. But that's because its skyrim with extra armor and swords basically. Can't go wrong there.

Is ac valhalla a fun game? Surely, but the series stopped feeling like assassins creed since ac Odyssey.

Most of the great games are studios which arent backed by years of global popularity- and square enix. They make good games too.

My expectations for gtavi is decent single player but the same crappy multiplayer system we have now (pay2win). Some engine improvements but I do expect it wont be like gta iv to gta v. Just higher res textures, a bigger map,maybe some more ludicrous guns to toy around with. Basically refurbished gtav with a new map and a new story

Edited by BjornV
6 hours ago, L I C E said:

it's not funny, just sad. the game named after stealing cars and you can't steal cars anymore. there's no "grand theft auto" in grand theft auto lol. you can't steal and keep cars worth over 100k  you find in the online, even from civilians. u gotta buy em lol. so much for "grand theft auto". the radio has advertisements for digifarm n shit which parody microtransaction filled games, which GTAonline has become.

i think the singleplayer will be okay! but the multiplayer will never be the same again. there's no grand theft auto in grand theft auto.

“The multiplayer will never be the same again”? This is the first gta with a multiplayer function of this kind. Gta 4 was just a free roam server so I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.  How can it never be the same if this is literally the only example of it. And single player you can steal whatever you like and keep it, even a Bugatti if you want. Gta online doesn’t have micro transactions it just has currency packages which aren’t needed, everything can easily be achieved. Stop complaining just to be different

4 hours ago, vralf said:

“The multiplayer will never be the same again”? This is the first gta with a multiplayer function of this kind.

While I agree with you, I also feel I should point out that GTA IV had similar mission based multiplayer, albeit the missions were VERY limited and it was typically quite unpopular. Also, we should keep in mind that although it is the first expansive version of online, it's evolved over time. The Online experience on GTA V now is very VERY different to what it was at launch and I think there is wiggle room in the debate for people to suggest that the evolution was not for the better.