Random freezing & low FPS after 15-30 minutes of playing on RageMP/GTAW

Fredlup

Hey people, here's Fred.

Yesterday I joined GTAW for the first time. I was doing the tutorial and in the moment I had to buy the iPhone 3 and left the shop, my game started freezing for few seconds, then unfreeze, then freeze again and so on. I literally had to close the game and reopen it, skipping the tutorial.

I tried restarting my PC, I tried looking for some fixes, tried everything possible, but this problem keeps annoying me. I literally can play for 10, 15 maybe 30 minutes, but then at a certain point the game just starts freezing, dropping low fps, etc.

I'm playing on a powerful rig, GTA V and Rage are installed on an SSD, I don't have a potato pc or anything like that. GTA V+Online works perfectly, every single game works as it should. It is just RageMP.

Please help me, I would like to play GTAW so bad but at the current state I really can't do anything.

Hi Timzii, thanks for replying.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

RAM: 16 GB @ 3200MHz

GPU: 1070Ti FE 8 GB

Drive: 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD

I always play at 1080p, 165Hz (I even tried lowering down the Hz refresh rate from GTA settings among all the fixes, but nothing).

I'm playing through Rockstar Games Launcher. No mods, my game is 100% vanilla.

Edited by Fredlup
1 minute ago, Fredlup said:

Fullscreen I guess, at least the only option that allows you to choose the Hz in GTA V

I'd try it with windowed or borderless, I've heard people had issues with fullscreen beforehand. I'd also suggest checking your nvidia control panel, at the 3d section, make a new setting specifically for GTA V with better performance settings, which are available. If neither of them works, I'd suggest a fresh reinstall of GTA V.

• Upvote 1

Only thing I can think of would be overheating and then the thermal throttling on the CPU or GPU kicking in.  Do you live in a hot country/room?  You could try turning off/down some of the more intensive graphics options, like MSAA/shadows and seeing if it stops happening.  Then at least you know.

FIXED

1. As @Timzii suggested, I tried setting game to borderless. It didn't fixed the problem at all, but once the game started freezing, I was at least able to close the game this time (in fullscreen, I literally had to restart my pc lol).

2. Another thing I did was set "Accelerated CEF Rendering" to ON and "Windows Notification" to OFF on RageMP settings.

3. Then I set Texture Quality to Normal, because I noticed that the game started freezing when I was going a little bit too fast with the car, the game basically was struggling loading streets and other textures in general, doing this fixed the texture loading problem. (this is a common issue even in FiveM)

4. What really did the difference tho was deleting & re-downloading the server resources. In RageMP folder, under "C:\RAGEMP\client_resources", just delete the folder with all those numbers. Then reopen RageMP and try to enter GTAW, it will download everything once again.

Now the game is running perfectly. I don't know if set back to fullscreen will destroy everything again, but as I said, the major thing was redownloading the server resources.

Thank you so much @Timzii and @Paenymion for helping me! ❤️

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic