Why is Darkweb RP not allowed ?

GamerX

On 2/2/2022 at 4:39 AM, imi said:

It's the magic get out of jail free card, people will just roleplay it to avoid any investigation into their activity at all.

wouldn't call it a get out of jail free card. People get arrested everyday because of the dark web lol

6 hours ago, griefer said:

wouldn't call it a get out of jail free card. People get arrested everyday because of the dark web lol

Yeah but the issue would be that it would become basic illegal RPer behaviour to know how to navigate the Dark Web when IRL most street-level drug sellers really don't.

It isn't allowed because it's unrealistic, simple. Let me clarify why DarkWeb RP is not allowed.

[1] .onion domains aren't registered in the way normal domains — for example, .com/.net/.world — are registered. Each onion domain's hidden in a key that's generated more or less randomly when you create the onion site in TOR.

[2] It's difficult to browse and find these websites easily unless they're published somewhere in an unknown search engine or wiki. Websites are accessible with the TOR browser using proxies to hide information. Put in place that it is a huge risk to access these sites because you put your information and data at risk. 

[3] Let's pretend that your character knows to roleplay it efficiently. How did your character learn IT, programming, etc.? Why are you putting the character in danger of life sentences in case of caught?

In conclusion, the whole concept doesn't fit the server standards.

If I wanna explain this as simple as possible, the main reason its not allowed is because of the lack of OOC knowledge about this concept from players who are planning to RP this, which easily results into massive PGs. This thing alone creates a need for some heavy regulation to target the dark web RP and control the RP quality in there, which is not impossible to do, but of course time consuming and tricky for admins. Trust me, nobody wants to see some Watch Dogs type characters in the server.