Evolving the Illegal Community Regime (IFM)

khadijeh.

8 minutes ago, BINGBONGAMERICA said:

For transparency's sake as it was mentioned in the OP, why have more popular members of the community been allowed to open unofficial groups freely while others have had their threads locked the instant they're posted? Seems a little unfair to shut out the entire community from posting new group threads while giving the go-ahead to others who are coincidently friends of the people who shut down said unofficial groups.

If this was something that was determined behind closed doors it'd be nice to know why because to a lot of people GTAW's OOC favouritism and "unbeatable transparency" seems to be rearing it's funky-booty-ass head once again. 

I'm not sure what "popular members of the community" means, but I do not care if someone is liked on the internet or not as it says nothing for their ability to roleplay a concept to a high degree or level of quality. I care about quality and dedication to a concept, not the amount of efriends someone has, we've seen time and time again they're not synonymous. 

There's no "coincidence" or favourtism. Some people read, some people don't:

On 1/5/2022 at 9:16 PM, honey. said:

Public submissions of unofficial groups has been closed for the time being as we reevaluate the management, moderation, and quality of existing groups.

Submit your group as a faction if you want to open a group up while they've closed.

As seen on https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/40838-must-read-information-on-creating-a-group-closed/.

Those who post them within the Unofficial Groups section you can clearly see, did not read, and therefore were shut down. There is no sketchy business behind the scenes there.

2 minutes ago, honey. said:

I'm not sure what "popular members of the community" means, but I do not care if someone is liked on the internet or not as it says nothing for their ability to roleplay a concept to a high degree or level of quality. I care about quality and dedication to a concept, not the amount of efriends someone has, we've seen time and time again they're not synonymous.

With all due respect while also clarifying this isn't aimed at you directly, GTAW 100% has/had a problem with people pulling strings behind the scenes which ends up influencing situations both OOC and IG. Things might be changing and I sure hope they are because GTAW could really end up being something special but we can't sit here with our thumbs up our asses and pretend stuff like this never happened.

The majority of the obviously established circle of illegal players might nod their head shouting HELL YEAH to proposed changes but were happily reaping the fruits of certain "permanently" banned player's labor before using them as a scapegoat to cover their own asses, previously screaming for IFM change but specifically not for them when it came down to said changes being implemented. I digress of course and I'll say I'm excited to see what your proposed plans in action work out being, seeing how they influence illegal RP to be a more fair and enjoyable experience for everyone involved but genuinely forgive me for being doubtful when GTAW's track record of dodgy shit is extremely high, especially in the sector of RP you're management for.

Good luck of course, I hope it all pans out fine. 

44 minutes ago, honey. said:

As seen on https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/40838-must-read-information-on-creating-a-group-closed/.

Those who post them within the Unofficial Groups section you can clearly see, did not read, and therefore were shut down. There is no sketchy business behind the scenes there.

Must have obviously missed this so I apologize, myself normally checking stickies once and forgetting about as the majority are just left there collecting dust (for obvious reasons).

Two quick questions: 

Can you still apply as a faction and cut out the entire unofficial group process with unofficial groups while the unofficial groups are closed?

If the above is possible, will current posted official groups be automatically pushed to factions once you open up unofficial groups?

25 minutes ago, BINGBONGAMERICA said:

With all due respect while also clarifying this isn't aimed at you directly, GTAW 100% has/had a problem with people pulling strings behind the scenes which ends up influencing situations both OOC and IG. Things might be changing and I sure hope they are because GTAW could really end up being something special but we can't sit here with our thumbs up our asses and pretend stuff like this never happened.

The majority of the obviously established circle of illegal players might nod their head shouting HELL YEAH to proposed changes but were happily reaping the fruits of certain "permanently" banned player's labor before using them as a scapegoat to cover their own asses, previously screaming for IFM change but specifically not for them when it came down to said changes being implemented. I digress of course and I'll say I'm excited to see what your proposed plans in action work out being, seeing how they influence illegal RP to be a more fair and enjoyable experience for everyone involved but genuinely forgive me for being doubtful when GTAW's track record of dodgy shit is extremely high, especially in the sector of RP you're management for.

Good luck of course, I hope it all pans out fine. 

No problem at all - I myself have been around the community for 4 years, 3 of which were spent outside of staff within illegal roleplay. I know full well the history/skepticism of the role I've been put in and I don't plan on making any repeats. I can claim XYZ like a presidential candidate but honestly people need to form their own judgements off of what I have done so far, and whether I'm doing what I claimed I would, in regards to leading IFM. So far, I'd like to think it speaks for itself. 

Change cannot come just from one sub-team's admins on the server, it needs to be from the illegal community as a whole, if leaderships and players aren't willing to understand that in order for things to be better, there's all around criticism to take on with themselves included, we won't go anywhere.

25 minutes ago, BINGBONGAMERICA said:

Must have obviously missed this so I apologize, myself normally checking stickies once and forgetting about as the majority are just left there collecting dust (for obvious reasons).

Two quick questions: 

Can you still apply as a faction and cut out the entire unofficial group process with unofficial groups while the unofficial groups are closed?

If the above is possible, will current posted official groups be automatically pushed to factions once you open up unofficial groups?

1. No, the unofficial group process cannot be cut out and people cannot just pop up and be a faction. This is something that was outlawed due to the fact it was usually a system that only benefited those who were "known good illegal roleplayers".

2. No as the above isn't possible. No one will automatically get faction status either, it's not an right.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just now, honey. said:

08 March 2022

General

• On February 2nd, "Evolving the Illegal Community Regime" was posted outlining the changes that can be expected under the new administration of IFM. I'll preface this by clearly stating that the faction system and the supplier system have not yet been revamped but they are still planned to be.

• CHANGES SO FAR UNDER NEW IFM REGIME
    • SUPPLIER ENHANCEMENTS
      • Suppliers across the board have had their amounts increased - this is however not to be mistaken for a supplier program overhaul as that is still needed and not yet complete.
    • PROPERTIEShttps://forum.gta.world/en/topic/70639-ifm-—-properties-open/
      • Reached a mutual agreement with PM regarding how the sale of faction properties should be an IFM matter, how properties coming in from illegal roleplayers through requests should be something that IFM can chime in on. Clarified the usage of warehouses and who actually has reference over these, primarily PM who will require those illegal roleplayers applying to show reference from IFM.
    • RULES OF ENGAGEMENThttps://forum.gta.world/en/topic/69559-rules-of-engagement-07feb2022/
      • An overhaul and simplified version of RoE which accounts more for gang roleplayers than it did for organized crime roleplayers and being more oriented around their development. This is to increase gang beefs rather than constant shootouts and warring. This was in the process for months before being finalized due to the contributions of illegal roleplayers in The Great Debate Discord.
    • SERVER-SIDE MODShttps://forum.gta.world/en/topic/70180-tattoo-addons-v1-—-suggestions-only/
      • Additional avenues of requesting server-side mods opened up for illegal roleplayers to make their experience more dynamic and based around their experiences for longer lasting concepts.
    • EXPANSION OF IFM
      • One of the most requested things we have gotten from players is how limited the IFM team is and the lack of people actually on that board to give input to the biggest portion of the community and in general understaffed. An additional role has been added to Illegal FM and will be able to be accessed by Senior Support+ who will begin training within IFM.
    • JAIL INVENTORY & REMOVAL OF FORCED TIMEhttps://forum.gta.world/en/topic/95-game-changelog/page/53/#comment-747657
      • Players will no longer be forced to roleplay within TTCF if they are within a faction script, and when they do get arrested, they will not lose all of their items, especially unique items, and these will be given back to them upon release. 
    • CORPSE BURYING & SHOVEL - https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/95-game-changelog/page/52/#comment-735781
      • /cbury and a shovel item added to hardware stores for more realistic disposal of bodies and to compliment roleplay. This was suggested as in many cases it simply is not feasible to randomly throw a body into the middle of no where or get coroners involved and instead could open up further investigative roleplay for LEOs and the need to be subtle from illegals.
    • FACEBROWSER MODERATION
      • There was complaints raised up about the amount of posts that are taken down on FaceBrowser when they hint towards in-character violence or any kind of illegal activity, there is a very small amount of posts that actually remain up. A dialogue was opened by the Head of FaceBrowser Moderation, Selena, and she agreed that new rules will be drafted up to be more in favor of illegal roleplayers on the in-character platform.
    • ADDITIONAL PURCHASEABLE IC BENEFITS https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/95-game-changelog/page/53/#comment-755531
      • We have had plenty of suggestions to not only expand melee items but also increase the amount of items that can be used within roleplay for more dynamic situations. This includes items that can benefit break-ins more than the "lock-pick and go" meta that is currently in place. 
      • 24/7: Ibuprofen (currently TTCF only, $350), Toothbrush (currently TTCF only, $50), Toothpaste (currently TTCF only, $50), Diet Cola (currently TTCF only,$100), Candy Gummies (currently TTCF only, $100), Hard Candies (currently TTCF only, $100), Chips (currently TTCF only, $100), Cookie (currently TTCF only, $80), Instant coffee (currently TTCF only, $100), Tea (currently TTCF only, $85), Jerky (currently TTCF only, $80), Ramen noodle cup (currently TTCF only, $50), MP3 player (currently TTCF only, $900), Energy Drink, Mints, Slushy, Plan B Pill, Ice Cream, Newspaper.
      • Tool Store: Spray Paint Can, Screwdriver, Metal File, Fertilizer, Nails, Pliers, Bolt Cutter, Wire Cutte,r Crowbar (currently supplier only), Golf Club (currently supplier only), Drill, Handsaw.
    • MELEE DRAW ANIMATION REMOVAL https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/95-game-changelog/page/53/#comment-755531
      • Primarily within gang settings, there was an increased amounts of conflictions of people pulling dusters to be confused with weapons due to the animations being the same. This was much debated and concluded to be a downside of using melees, as you're put against pretty much the same risk either way and illegal roleplayers are on the downside as a result.
    • MARIJUANA GROWTH SCHEMES https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/54778-ifm-—-requests-board-formats/
      • This is covered under the next section as there is further and more detailed information to be provided - however the long story short is we will be now be giving out seeds for people to grow marijuana through schemes!

Drugs

• Methamphetamine has gone up extensively as seen in the below graph since we opened up schemes for people to cook their own. We are at a point where we have many regular schemes so in order to regulate the amount of drugs being created, we will be closing submissions of new methamphetamine schemes until further notice.

• Marijuana Growth Scheme
    This is a unique scheme in which Illegal Faction Management provides a player with amount of marijuana seeds per 28 days for them to grow and then sell off. This growth process will be done via the weed farming script.
    • Preference and priority will be given to current south central roleplayers, but not exclusive to them;

• there must be some form of interior mapping;
    • seeds must not be sold off and are for the scheme requester's growth benefit only;
    • someone who is a currently major supplier may not apply, but someone else in their faction, if applicable, may;
    • you do not need to be in a faction.
  • The format to submit this scheme has been added to the main thread with all of the other requests here: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/54778-ifm-—-requests-board-formats/
  • This is a minor grow scheme, this is not a supplier role. This is simply to benefit roleplayers and give them more access to a script that is otherwise gatekept and further roleplay possibilities.

• GTA_W___Drug_Usage_from_June_2021_to_Feb

I'll archive this now as it seems the message has circulated enough - please see the above announcement regarding the majority of promises made here met, or in progress.