Stop adding and/or remove custom mods.

Narcan

Detailed Description

This is going off of the assumption that these custom vehicle mods are messing the game up for players. Countless people have told me that the texture loss and various issues with Rage and the server stem from the adding of custom vehicles and various other files. My suggestion? Remove some, and at the very least, stop adding more. I would rather play with vanilla vehicles and textures that load in that I can see than put up with the server in its state now. Its affects are now making peoples games hit unplayable states way too often. Myself and other players are driving through crime scenes, running people down on the street that are roleplaying and shooting cars around the map rocket speed that have not even rendered in for us. This is past the point of "putting up with", for most its down right unplayable to drive around anywhere at all. I don't have the best PC and it's something I've shrugged it off as I need to upgrade but the truth is, I shouldn't have too. If I did? Well then people with computers up to 5x better than mine are still experiencing this to a frustrating level. I get that the police department need a new pursuit vehicle or that an MC might want a new bike added but it's clear we're pushing what we have at our disposable way beyond its breaking point. Add them back when Rage and the server can handle it. There's enough in the base game for us to survive for now.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

The server will become playable again.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION
  • Upvote 3
7 hours ago, stringer said:

Mods do not cause these issues. Texture loss is not caused by mods. Texture loss is caused by ragemp being a very poorly made and poorly optimized client with tons of issues. Texture loss happened all the time before modding was made possible.

That's just not true. Explain to me why a club can have 15 vanilla cars outside and be fine, but a police scene with 5 vehicles is hell for some people. RageMP may be poorly optimized but that's the perfect reason why pushing its limitations is a terrible idea. Some peoples computers handle 90 percent of situations fine, I'm not saying that people with dogshit specs should complain, it's on them. However, the issue is when most of the server are complaining.

If people require these mods to be immersed they should look at themselves and not the server or other people. GTA V may be old and becoming slightly outdated with the times but when it comes to vehicles atleast; there's more than enough potential in the vanilla game.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION