Rage no longer working.

Cracka

Started yesterday, sits on validating server assets briefly with no loading and then jumps to launching game and closes shortly after. No error codes, have tried reinstalling both rage and GTA, verifying files, closing any background apps, running through admin etc. I have no mods, Single player works just fine and launches without issue.

• Upvote 1

I am having the exact same issue, mine gets to the black screen with the loading Rockstar logo in the middle and then closes and does nothing. No mods, fresh install of both GTA and RAGE. I have followed several of the different troubleshooting guides to no avail. Would love some help on this.

• Upvote 1

Rage is so fragile don't expect any of these to 100 percent work, but this is what I've used to fix it before:

- Open two Rage clients, use only one to enter the server as normal. No idea why this worked but it did.

- Pause and resume the process upon loading in. Same as above.

- Remove ENB's and/or texture mods if you have them. They're easy to reinstall if they were not the problem.

- All else fails, reinstall Rage. If that fails, reinstall GTA:V. It's up to you if you want to go as far as reinstalling your OS, I personally don't think it's necessary.

Also if you use MSI AfterBurner to monitor your PC, close anything associated with it. This was the main fix for me but again I don't have the knowledge to understand why this was interfering.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION