Help me save my niece IRL

MrsHamster

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you. All the amazing support, your warm messages, your prayers, your donations, everything. 

You guys honestly made me tear up to the amazing response. You all helped me collect 5 times more than I was able to scrap from our real life circle in two months.

I just have no words to describe my gratitude. You helped me cover for her MRIs and CT scans, which covers a significant amount of the tests she has to do!!

I love you all, and Viktoria sends her thanks as well. You made her very happy. ♥♥

• Upvote 10
  • Applaud 3
  • Groz locked this topic

I second what MrsHamster's already said. Seeing everyone come together and donate such an incredible amount, not for a reward, but to genuinely help someone in need was extremely heart-warming. Thank you to everyone who was able contribute even a small amount, and to those who went out of their way to spread word of this around communities even outside of our own, endless thanks. 

Because of all of you, we've been able to make an extremely positive impact in an extremely unfortunate situation. We've come together as a community, regardless of any perceived differences, and legitimately helped a little girl get a much better chance at a brighter future. Words cannot do it justice, but just know that what you all did was amazing and you have mine and many others thanks indefinitely. 💖

• Upvote 2
  • Connor unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Connor unlocked this topic

I asked for the topic to be unlocked since I believe everyone who donated deserves to know that they didn't donate in vain and it was important for me to keep you in the loop of events. Also a lot of people messaged me privately to ask what's up so I figured it's a good way to keep everyone updated!

The donation campaign is over, we managed to collect the entire sum thanks to you, to good people, to a fund in Russia that agreed to help, as well as some local politicians. 

I posted an edit with an update on the main topic. Again, thank you to everyone! It's heartwarming to know that so many people choose to support us, even though technically I am a complete stranger to you. ♥

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 7

Another update posted!

The tests came back negative and the surgery took place yesterday. They performed an exploratory surgery to find the cause for her symptoms and found another cyst, that didn't show up on the MRI, that was pressing the spinal cord and was most likely the cause for everything. They removed it and she's slowly recovering now. Thank you all again, it wouldn't have been possible without your generosity. 

Here's Viktoria prior to the surgery, saying hello and thank you 🙂

2j3fhzK.png

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She's going through a rough process of physiotherapy to gain mobility in her feet again. After the surgery the left foot seems to recover, the right one still doesn't. She's actually up for another surgery soon, in Israel again, to correct the achilles tendon that's not working on her right foot.

The family started to fundraise again, but with the current state on the war in Russia, the flight tickets alone cost almost as the surgery itself. Luckily, this time the orthopedic surgery isn't as pricy and risky as the neurological one she already have. We hope for the best

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
  • 7 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, MrsHamster said:

She's going through a rough process of physiotherapy to gain mobility in her feet again. After the surgery the left foot seems to recover, the right one still doesn't. She's actually up for another surgery soon, in Israel again, to correct the achilles tendon that's not working on her right foot.

The family started to fundraise again, but with the current state on the war in Russia, the flight tickets alone cost almost as the surgery itself. Luckily, this time the orthopedic surgery isn't as pricy and risky as the neurological one she already have. We hope for the best

I hope she is well, how is the improvement?

• KussArsch locked and unlocked this topic