Body disposal (/bury or /burybody)

Synth

10 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

My only gripe with this is that I feel like every criminal from bangers to bosses is about to be a pro digger and every death is just able to be instantly covered.

Hi. I'm a 19-year old criminal with instant knowledge of in-depth body disposal, including decomposition methods, keeping it from smelling, the works. Nice to meet you.

Edited by Cypher99
4 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

Hi. I'm a 19-year old criminal with instant knowledge of in-depth body disposal, including decomposition methods, keeping it from smelling, the works. Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you. Where'd you learn that? I know it wasn't school because you're a 13 year old mass murderer who's much too busy being a hood star to be in school. 

• Applaud 1

It would give significant improvements to the DMEC faction with death investigation, as well as corpse location. 

One of my faction members drafted a K9 unit for this very purpose. If this were to be implemented that would be our first course of action. 

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

It's not a terrible idea. It's actually pretty decent one.

My only gripe with this is that I feel like every criminal from bangers to bosses is about to be a pro digger and every death is just able to be instantly covered.

It's cool in theory, and think with some real discussion and evaluation it could add to some cool RP.

But things in theory aren't always practical. And I think it's gonna breed this culture of pre dug graves and everyone all of the sudden is able to hide their crimes even if it's not necessarily applicable or realistic for it. 

I think there is the possibility of every patch of grass having a body in it because of the gamers over the RPers.

Hone the system more and I'm all for it.

It'd need a lot more thought put into it that what's been said in this thread. Possibly limiting it to CKs and IG reporting for PKs to decide if they're significant enough... something like that. 

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Yes please, K9's would also benefit from this too, and it'd be pretty nifty if implemented correctly so that the land of Los Santos don't end up like that one French tunnel.

Speaking as a member of DMEC, we've been looking into the use of K9 units in the IRL equivalent of our department as they're the ones who search train dogs to search for clandestine graves, focussing on that as apposed to PD or FD dogs that're trained for many other things and aren't used for searching in this way (as far as I've researched and understood). But yeah, I totally agree it'd need to be implemented and monitored correctly for it to work out well

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, WatchingEye said:

I love this, I'd love to see something like this implemented and maybe when it does there'd be a thing similar to how our beloved "You'd notice some fishes near you" script works or an automatic /cim for 7 days or more depending on how this implementation goes about doing it that would state the ground is freshly turned and noticeable. While that's just going to make people metagame there's a body, I really don't think it'd hurt, a good criminal rper disposes of their bodies in the oddest places possible, far away. So even if someone was to stumble across it it'd be pretty rare. +1 supporting it. 

There's various ways that departments like DMEC and Forensics can use to detect clandestine graves, even without a canine. Something like this would be neat however making it available to EVERYONE who goes out hiking would just result in people grave digging along the way just because they can. Using the right techniques, though... graves could be detected, probably with the help of an LFM admin in conjunction with the Forensics or DMEC units that are searching specifically for one. 

Hi guys, I currently work with DMEC on the server, I used to run a business on GTAW in about 2018-2019ish cleaning up dead bodies,(PRE DMEC) it was a very specific set of skills and only a few people in our entire faction had, we kept it that way on purpose, and I've worked on crime scenes in real life. Most people don't understand how hard it is to actually commit a murder(Specifically without a firearm), much less clean up dead bodies.

It's very, very messy. It's smells horrible. Career Crime Scene Cleaners that have been doing this work for 20 years still get absolutely fucking sick at some scenes.
The longer a dead body is around an area, the worse it becomes. Bodies purify and liquify fast, with 8-16 hours it's already seeping into the floor/subfloor and concreate in the area the body is discovered in, it takes extensive skills to even get the job. I'm underqualified as a carpenter for the work. not to mention the chemicals and tools needed to clean up dead bodies are quite expensive, it requires whole teams people with everything from brick-layers, tilers, carpenters and even ground consolation members, therapists and MANDITORY time off and Therapy. So, you can also account for time. IC it takes like two hours to get from Sandy Shores to Los Santos, if you let the body sit long enough in a crime scene it can get pretty gross very fast. 

1. The only ways I could see this being implemented is if only one or two faction members have this ability. One of them would have to be your faction leader or a Vice President/O.O.G. Way back in the day when GTA had Top 5 factions, we had about 25-30 members total and still had only 2 people do this role. So the role should be restricted heavily by LFM.
  2. it's approved by admins like /arob and stuff.
  3. DMEC/COPS can discover the body and exhume it along with any evidence left at the scene.
  4. requires special items provided by IFM. For example "Adenosine Triphosphate testing machine's" these are used to source human DNA, any detectable amounts and the entire crime scene has to be cleaned again IRL.