PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

1 hour ago, Late said:

That's not going to make people call more taxis, taxi availability isn't the problem, more not enough people calling them. 

Taxi availability is an issue sometimes, late nights for example. 11 taxis on duty and no one comes.

16 hours ago, Junx said:

Allowing people to freelance and use their own vehicles would allow more taxis to be available. Just make it mandatory to buy a taxi license to use the script with your own car

This.

My character drives a cab for living along with illegal roleplay (bouncing gigs, drugs, etc).

Tips are decent in general and most of people roleplay, engage in conversations and share information.

However, it'd be cool to drive taxi with a normal car and being able to put a sign on top of your car.

Edited by TSB
4 minutes ago, Arielle said:

Love using taxis, but I've only gotten about 2 taxis out of the estimated 10 times I called for one. I think time of day is an issue. Even when there are several on duty.

No its because people abuse the script to get the 4k an hour paycheck, so even if there is 7 on duty, its probably none or 1 actual taxi driver

47 minutes ago, Junx said:

No its because people abuse the script to get the 4k an hour paycheck, so even if there is 7 on duty, its probably none or 1 actual taxi driver

It doesn't work like that.

You need to have active calls/clients to get 4k.

You can't just drive around on duty and get 4k.

I know that for a fact because my character goes to a bar until he gets a call.

I drive a cab most of the time when I am online.

But if I am busy with something else, I try my best IC-ly to stop the shift.

I play on GMT +1/+2 between 17-00h. I'd usually drive a cab until like 19h and then do some other type of roleplay. Taxi calls at this period are not so often, though.

Edited by TSB
26 minutes ago, TSB said:

It doesn't work like that.

You need to have active calls/clients to get 4k.

You can't just drive around on duty and get 4k.

I know that for a fact because my character goes to a bar until he gets a call.

I drive a cab most of the time when I am online.

But if I am busy with something else, I try my best IC-ly to stop the shift.

I play on GMT +1/+2 between 17-00h. I'd usually drive a cab until like 19h and then do some other type of roleplay. Taxi calls at this period are not so often, though.

Incorrect. The timer is based off of your chat and /me’s. All people need to do is chat or do an action every five minutes and it will advance the timer. It’s absolutely not based on active calls because then pay would be super inconsistent especially around times that aren’t busy. I did this just the other morning. Luckily during the morning hours I get quite a few calls, so it keeps me busy. 

Edited by Brofessor
1 hour ago, Junx said:

Yeah the timer only counts down when you're RPing in the taxi. The high numbers on duty is just people don't bother to /taxistop when they're done. They gain nothing from it. 

5 minutes ago, Late said:

Yeah the timer only counts down when you're RPing in the taxi. The high numbers on duty is just people don't bother to /taxistop when they're done. They gain nothing from it. 

Yeh but I can just sit in my taxi and chill at a 24/7 in Davis

• Wuhtah locked this topic