PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

I wish we had a better system for the taxis. There was meant to be an update coming for them that just...Never did. Meters are still broken. And while new mod cars get thrown in a lot lately, there's still a distinct lack of real variety in taxis. The Esperanto is a nice change of pace from the Stanier and the not-a-Vic(tor) which...Same car, really, but there could still be plenty more in use too. There's a whole pack for lore-friendly LS cabs out there.

And as seen above, the RP is definitely...Uncomfortable. I miss driving a cab, honestly. I tried to be a good about it (right up until I was stripped naked on the side of the GOH by a mugger, anyway). When I did get fares, I was chatty and played polite. I even tried using the Dynasty for a bit, but of course taxi functionality doesn't actually come with the sign on top. But it was pretty quiet a lot of the time. And when there were people, it was difficult to get fares. I swear people had things ready to go, even when they added the hash to it. Somehow in a fraction of a second, clients were grabbed. I had such a hard time actually taxi driving.

I hope things are brought about to make it easier for fares and drivers. It was a good way to RP without being in huge gatherings, and generally make connections around town.

21 hours ago, Lawliet said:

snip

It's unfortunate that the few good ones are massively overwhelemed by the many shitty ones. I took a cab yesterday, had to buy a car from the county. There was 0 interaction, a $100/5 second fare (huge), and even though it was super far away as is. We ended up driving for 12 miles, all over the map, including over mountains! To a fare of only $20,000, after almost 20 minutes. You know I'm not taking a taxi again.

Q7YYoLn.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, Mahitto said:

It's unfortunate that the few good ones are massively overwhelemed by the many shitty ones. I took a cab yesterday, had to buy a car from the county. There was 0 interaction, a $100/5 second fare (huge), and even though it was super far away as is. We ended up driving for 12 miles, all over the map, including over mountains! To a fare of only $20,000, after almost 20 minutes. You know I'm not taking a taxi again.

Q7YYoLn.png

What's wrong with that? Let the man get his money.

if alcohol consumption made it really hard to drive, you'd see more people calling a taxi, as people just RP doing 30 shots, drinking it scriptly, and it just wobbles ur screen.
People just can do /stopeffect then.

1 hour ago, Late said:

Renaming it wouldn't change anything.

Allowing people to freelance and use their own vehicles would allow more taxis to be available. Just make it mandatory to buy a taxi license to use the script with your own car

1 hour ago, Junx said:

Allowing people to freelance and use their own vehicles would allow more taxis to be available. Just make it mandatory to buy a taxi license to use the script with your own car

That's not going to make people call more taxis, taxi availability isn't the problem, more not enough people calling them. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic