PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

On 1/31/2022 at 8:27 PM, Trupiano said:

To be honest, I’d use taxi’s more if I didn’t feel like there was a 95% chance I’m gonna be apart of Eastern European taxi adventures episode 256 each time I use the script.

Now, everyone is entitled to RP whatever they want but It feels like almost every time I have to use the thing I end up at the mercy of some stereotypically bad immigrant taxi driver who 1. Barely understand the English language, probably will use said language barrier to insult you. 2. Doesn’t know where anything is, will purposely go to wrong destinations “for the RP” and finally 3. Will undoubtedly either drive recklessly until they get pulled over OR will have some kind of random engine issues.

While I get there’s probably a lack of riders and these players are just trying to create the best RP (in their eyes) that they can for the few riders they do get. The result is an experience that makes me actively avoid using the taxi script in the future. I’ve got no problem engaging with the RP, but when that RP is being forced down my throat and takes me on a 30 minute detour because I’m stuck in the back of your car? I’ve only got so

much patients both IC and OOC.

Im really not trying to say this type of character is bad, nor am I trying to say cabbies shouldn’t be like that. Realistically, a lot of immigrants do drive cabs/Ubers in the United States and it can be a fun RP experience, the problem is the stereotypes and the dramatic level they are played up too.  My suggestion? Tone it down. Your character should AT LEAST know where things are in town and be able to drive around correctly. It’s a legitimate requirement for most cab companies.

Had a taxi trip where the driver decided to do cocaine while driving. And popped a couple of ectasy tablets too.

Fun times.

Edited by Coburn

Honestly. I don’t abuse fixveh and always spawn my character where I left off in rp. And yet my character never needs a cab. I’m not sure the taxi customer pool is realistically large enough for there to be a free market for taxis. There’s a reason Uber had to fight and was threatened with hefty fines: they didn’t have a taxi license. Those don’t exist on the server and the population is, at all times, much lower. At most times there won’t be demand for more than 1 taxi, if that.

i think its unfair to just blame the average player for rather abusing the /fixveh command than to call a cab. i'd rather do /fixveh than to call a cab too cause most cab drivers are just straight nutjobs driving like baby boy to get to my destination, but soon as i get in they suddenly drive as slow as it gets with the longest possible route and the highest fare possible making me pay almost $2.000 to get from davis to vespucci. of course there's good cab drivers out there too but this shit that i've mentioned is the reason why most people don't even bother calling a cab 

honestly i wish cabs were used more, they're not used nearly enough. the amount of times i've seen people leaving a nightclub and jumping in their cars to drive, after rp'ing drinking the bar dry, it's ridiculous, then they drive as if everything is normal!

i see it from both sides though, i've been stood waiting a good 20 minutes with people after calling a cab, so it's swings and roundabouts at this point, they need to show some more love to things like this on the server instead of focusing on criminals and law enforcement, it's the little things that'll make the other population of players happy

• Wuhtah locked this topic