PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

17 hours ago, perkele said:

Clubs and bars are littered with cars outside them with everyone drinking inside and nobody is calling cabs!! Drunk drivers everywhere!

Issue is: people don't roleplay being drunk. I dont know why, maybe they don’t drink irl so they don’t know how alcohol works? You just see people bouncing from club to club even if they drank five bottles. Actually, people don't really care, that is very sad.

Another issue is that there is no really check on /fixveh. You can literally abuse of this command. I am sure admins receive warnings (perhaps) but how would you know if the player is abusing? You simply can't. I had a taxi driver as well, funny rp but people really race to accept calls.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Rasta said:

How is it metagaming? You roleplay inputting the address into a GPS system provided by the taxi (So not a personal GPS) just like it has an integrated dispatch system. Then the customer can place a blip on the map simulating that GPS output. Saying that is metagaming is like saying you're metagaming if you place a marker on the map. 

won't talkin to you, was talkin to OP but okay.

🙄

Edited by bwarp
11 hours ago, Chipsdose said:

I see so many ppl complain about drivers not knowing the map when they could just place a waypoint for them. 

Yep, you can set it as a passenger now. No need to try and explain where something is anymore. Just set it for the driver lol. Just tested it to make sure it works.

Edited by Cypher99
5 minutes ago, Torlo said:

As long as you are a passenger in a car, you can set a way point that the driver can see as well. 

Yeah I wasn't aware this was a thing until now. I think that should've been way more promoted as a feature lol 🤣 Totally missed that haha

Edited by Cypher99
37 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

Yeah I wasn't aware this was a thing until now. I think that should've been way more promoted as a feature lol 🤣 Totally missed that haha

Every time I've had a passenger I've always made a point to oocly mention that you can do that. 

12 minutes ago, Florida said:

I have never in my adult life ever used a taxi in NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Tampa, or any major city. 

Rideshare like Uber or Lyft should be added.

Yeah, unfortunately it's the remnants of an outdated script. Whenever I do the taxi job I always start in a rental taxi so I can /taxistart then use my characters personal vehicle and rp it as an Uber.

• Wuhtah locked this topic