Fuel Type Selection (with Fuel System Revamp update)

Jabari

Short description: Enable fuel type selection (petrol/diesel)

Detailed description: The command would add the ability to select between petrol/diesel at the fuel pump when /fuel'ing.

Commands to add:  N/A - Addon to /fuel

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: With the new update and all, I feel fuel type selection (at gas pumps) would be beneficial along the current additions. This, for example would introduce the ability for people to select the incorrect fuel type, resulting in a disabled engine which would have to be cleaned out (i.e a fuel system flush) by a mechanic in order to be driven, as would occur in the real world when someone puts the incorrect type of fuel into their vehicle. This would also increase mechanic roleplay aside from simply upgrading vehicles due to the fact that, with the disabled engine at a fuel pump, an individual would have to get their vehicle towed to a shop in order to be fixed, allowing for new avenues of roleplay in the "mechanic world"

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Jabari
  • Jabari changed the title to Fuel Type Selection (with Fuel System Revamp update)
14 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

Supporting. But, as much as this would be nice. I don't see most people choosing the incorrect type of fuel cause of the 'inconvenience' to them of having to roleplay around it.

I agree with your opinion, but I also believe that it could potentially aid roleplay. Of course it would be avoided by people in the same manner people avoid fueling their vehicles incorrectly in the real world; however, improper fuel selection still does and can happen in reality.

Yeah, it's definitely realistic so-to-speak, but it won't really do anything. I think it'd be time wasted on coding and implementing this for something that will simply become automated for most people - there's no real reason for anyone to select the incorrect fuel type, ICly or OOCly.