RICO and disbanding factions

BadassBaboon

37 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

It's actually not that difficult, you're making it difficult for yourself. Mutual understanding between LEOs and illegal factions can be easy moderated and controlled with rules. 

In an ideal world, sure. But all of this is barely feasible. Snitching won't occur with RICO, rather the opposite as 99% of people will not snitch on their faction. People will continue to gun down cops to escape a speeding ticket. It's not any LEOs job to police the server, we don't have to respond to every call or to investigate every scene. We investigate factions which contribute back to our own characters development in a positive way, like V13. RICO won't change anything but give overpowered cops another tool at their disposal, which will have little actual impact.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:44 PM, BadassBaboon said:

The fuck? so cops only do traffic stops, respond to 911 and arrest people every now and then and that's that? that's sad.

They have got no actual "cases" thing, once they arrest you, that's it. They never have the evidence prior arresting someone, it's always a call, or a traffic stop, robbery and so on. Once you're out of jail, everything they have from you is your mugshot and record. No actions & plans.

I don't think a faction should be shut down due to RICO, that's not how it works but couple of years ago a faction I used to play was forced to roleplay "weak" for a period of time due to losing a war, so that would be the best scenario. Since even if the leader and a big chunk of important figures go down, there's always someone on the streets that is going to have the ambition to build the empire back up again. So, RICO should just enforce the faction to lose some of the assets and roleplay weak and rebuild their thing, if they can't rebuild it again? That's on them.

Edited by joaoivis
  • 1 month later...

Honestly the people who have it coming for them for simply being dumb as management of an illegal faction should get it. If you constantly kill cops, harass business owners for a few grand a week and set their businesses on fire if they refuse, you should get shit on after an investigation. This server has stooped down so low when it comes to not just realism but immersion that it's sickening sometimes. You can't go one day without some idiot being chased, without someone being murdered, without some other worrying shit happening. Last time I evaded a robbery, I called the cops and I wanted to press charges but they told me that the mugger is deceased following shooting at the police for no reason. That last example isn't comparable to factions but you get the point.

I have no doubt that there are good, smart factions which can handle themselves and which have management that does not condone doing any of this, but there are also people who are on the edge of being blatant DM-ers or adrenaline junkies who get a hard on from doing all of this risky stuff. Doing all of this risky stuff for your OOC satisfaction might give you as the player the serotonin kick you needed but the rest of the server will be rolling their eyes at another street covered in dead bodies. And yes, people do it for their OOC satisfaction of dropping a cop or two or evading a chase. Their characters are usually portrayed as smart, carefully moving criminals with good plans ahead and their head in the right place. But then suddenly when the occasion comes to drop a few cops or burn down a business they will run out of their car with a molotov and yeet it all carelessly.

And then they'll get away with it, post screenshots and go back to their usual stuff, roleplaying a character that is so smart and careful, a character that would never get themselves and their associates into this kind of shit.

This isn't about balance, shutting down factions or providing people with overpowered solutions to crime. This is to crack down on the most violent and immersion breaking crime that doesn't even have any effort put into it. Los Angeles is a shit hole, it surely is. You get asked where you from on every block you walk through but that doesn't mean that certain groups, not even official factions, usually, should have the right to wreak such bloodshed, havoc and over all stir up such heavy pots of fecal matter and dump them onto other characters. Killing a cop should be the last resort, if you get jailed then you get jailed. You come out and you go back to being a criminal because there's nothing else you can do. Just take the L and move on with your life, nobody's going to permanently jail you on this server (under a few conditions they might but probably not first offense) and if they do, you can probably sort it out with Management because that's unfair and limits your roleplay.

This law exists in real life and yet still organizations such as the eMe or other mafias exist, do horrendous activities and nobody even sees it. The point here is to encourage smart and realistic scenarios, not bloodshed, wars in the streets, drive-bys and other primitive forms of solving conflict. These will still happen but they will leave severe consequences for both sides, as they should. Once you take it to the streets, you're asking for trouble and you deserve trouble because you've done something that doesn't only affect you and your opps, it affects civilians in the area et cetera. Of course the law is going to get involved, what the hell did you expect?

I am not gonna go on a rant here about how dumb some rules and mechanics are on this server that provoke this kind of behavior, especially dying to avoid jail time because PKs are a thing, but you get the point. This law isn't going to allow LEOs to shut down a faction, it shouldn't. It should make people shit their pants after they do something outrageous and allow LEOs to catch them and bring them their deserved IC consequences.

TL;DR - if someone deserves to get shit on, let LEO factions shit on them. Let them RICO them out of existence if they're so severe. Most people who are smart, into development and not into getting a serotonin kick out of a shootout will not suffer because they already move in ways that make them hard to catch. This law will affect the most severe, loud and havoc inducing factions which have no place on a heavy roleplay server anyways. This might be a shit hole we're living in but it's still America, not Iraq.

• Applaud 2
9 hours ago, hentai! said:

Honestly the people who have it coming for them for simply being dumb as management of an illegal faction should get it. If you constantly kill cops, harass business owners for a few grand a week and set their businesses on fire if they refuse, you should get shit on after an investigation. This server has stooped down so low when it comes to not just realism but immersion that it's sickening sometimes. You can't go one day without some idiot being chased, without someone being murdered, without some other worrying shit happening. Last time I evaded a robbery, I called the cops and I wanted to press charges but they told me that the mugger is deceased following shooting at the police for no reason. That last example isn't comparable to factions but you get the point.

I have no doubt that there are good, smart factions which can handle themselves and which have management that does not condone doing any of this, but there are also people who are on the edge of being blatant DM-ers or adrenaline junkies who get a hard on from doing all of this risky stuff. Doing all of this risky stuff for your OOC satisfaction might give you as the player the serotonin kick you needed but the rest of the server will be rolling their eyes at another street covered in dead bodies. And yes, people do it for their OOC satisfaction of dropping a cop or two or evading a chase. Their characters are usually portrayed as smart, carefully moving criminals with good plans ahead and their head in the right place. But then suddenly when the occasion comes to drop a few cops or burn down a business they will run out of their car with a molotov and yeet it all carelessly.

And then they'll get away with it, post screenshots and go back to their usual stuff, roleplaying a character that is so smart and careful, a character that would never get themselves and their associates into this kind of shit.

This isn't about balance, shutting down factions or providing people with overpowered solutions to crime. This is to crack down on the most violent and immersion breaking crime that doesn't even have any effort put into it. Los Angeles is a shit hole, it surely is. You get asked where you from on every block you walk through but that doesn't mean that certain groups, not even official factions, usually, should have the right to wreak such bloodshed, havoc and over all stir up such heavy pots of fecal matter and dump them onto other characters. Killing a cop should be the last resort, if you get jailed then you get jailed. You come out and you go back to being a criminal because there's nothing else you can do. Just take the L and move on with your life, nobody's going to permanently jail you on this server (under a few conditions they might but probably not first offense) and if they do, you can probably sort it out with Management because that's unfair and limits your roleplay.

This law exists in real life and yet still organizations such as the eMe or other mafias exist, do horrendous activities and nobody even sees it. The point here is to encourage smart and realistic scenarios, not bloodshed, wars in the streets, drive-bys and other primitive forms of solving conflict. These will still happen but they will leave severe consequences for both sides, as they should. Once you take it to the streets, you're asking for trouble and you deserve trouble because you've done something that doesn't only affect you and your opps, it affects civilians in the area et cetera. Of course the law is going to get involved, what the hell did you expect?

I am not gonna go on a rant here about how dumb some rules and mechanics are on this server that provoke this kind of behavior, especially dying to avoid jail time because PKs are a thing, but you get the point. This law isn't going to allow LEOs to shut down a faction, it shouldn't. It should make people shit their pants after they do something outrageous and allow LEOs to catch them and bring them their deserved IC consequences.

TL;DR - if someone deserves to get shit on, let LEO factions shit on them. Let them RICO them out of existence if they're so severe. Most people who are smart, into development and not into getting a serotonin kick out of a shootout will not suffer because they already move in ways that make them hard to catch. This law will affect the most severe, loud and havoc inducing factions which have no place on a heavy roleplay server anyways. This might be a shit hole we're living in but it's still America, not Iraq.

Bro if you been to LA, trust it's a shithole especially South Central & Skid Row. I absolutely agree with what you're saying, but how do you feel about establishing Federal Gov RP ?

15 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

I don't think nothing is gonna come out of this which is unfortunate. With the amount of superstitious, player elitism, and over-thinking, this is doomed.

Elite Government faction? (Federal Government) ? I feel like if they're was Federal Gov RP in here, they should have the ability to terminate illegal factions and give out harsh gang injunctions. 

Basically what’s already been said but tl;dr

Rico does nothing to stop the big organisations most people rp as concepts from existing. Just incarcertates some members of it. Maybe a figurehead if you’re lucky. A lot of Rico charges actually end up getting dropped too irl from my understanding and just the pure pettiness of some of the charges that’s exposed when it comes through the court system. A common example being Doc Cavazos getting charged with being privy to a chop shop because he bought into a chroming business and an undercover gave him a part to chrome that was stolen so he got roped into it as a main conspirator of the operation. Cops are hesitant to use it now and it takes a lot of legwork to make sure the charges are worth the tax payers money before going forward. Most illegal factions on this servers worst crime is killing another gang member or dealing drugs. Cops only care about one of those (the drugs) irl let’s be real. 

secondly. We had this on LSRP back in the day. It just lead to factions having a shelf life: at two years you knew PD or SD would have just enough on you by now to shut you down and then sure enough one day the cars would swarm in and everyone in the faction would get a nice hefty jail sentence that basically made the character unplayable. Didn’t matter how smart you played it or how little or how much crime you did. Magically in 2 years the go ahead would be given. 

Rico’s an ass system for an rp server. Just accept it for what it is, enjoy it and keep trucking along. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sk8 said:

Basically what’s already been said but tl;dr

Rico does nothing to stop the big organisations most people rp as concepts from existing. Just incarcertates some members of it. Maybe a figurehead if you’re lucky. A lot of Rico charges actually end up getting dropped too irl from my understanding and just the pure pettiness of some of the charges that’s exposed when it comes through the court system. A common example being Doc Cavazos getting charged with being privy to a chop shop because he bought into a chroming business and an undercover gave him a part to chrome that was stolen so he got roped into it as a main conspirator of the operation. Cops are hesitant to use it now and it takes a lot of legwork to make sure the charges are worth the tax payers money before going forward. Most illegal factions on this servers worst crime is killing another gang member or dealing drugs. Cops only care about one of those (the drugs) irl let’s be real. 

secondly. We had this on LSRP back in the day. It just lead to factions having a shelf life: at two years you knew PD or SD would have just enough on you by now to shut you down and then sure enough one day the cars would swarm in and everyone in the faction would get a nice hefty jail sentence that basically made the character unplayable. Didn’t matter how smart you played it or how little or how much crime you did. Magically in 2 years the go ahead would be given. 

Rico’s an ass system for an rp server. Just accept it for what it is, enjoy it and keep trucking along. 

What do you think about establishing Federal Gov RP in here? If y'all were on Owlgaming on MTA, they had everything dude. But it was sad when they shut down the MTA server. R.I.P Owlgaming & LSRP/SAMP

Edited by GamerX
2 minutes ago, GamerX said:

What do you think about establishing Federal Gov RP in here? If y'all were on Owlgaming on MTA, they had everything dude. But it was sad when they shut down the MTA server. R.I.P Owlgaming & LSRP/SAMP

This will hurt some feelings, but I’ll say it anyway. 

Federal Government relies on a lot of eye witness testimonies and a bunch of things in a court case against major organisations that simply cannot be portrayed on an RP server realistically. That’s an entirely different rabbit hole. But we could get past that somehow. 

The bigger issue is what’s expected of a a federal agent. Federal agents are usually seasoned police officers, lawyers, prosecutors, basically very intelligent people but also very knowledgeable on the law and their role and what they can and cannot do.

That doesn’t fit with the servers current quality of LEOS.  

the vast majority of the current servers law enforcement do not qualify to be a cop with their unprofessionalism, misunderstanding of the law, and terrible enforcement of it and illegal RPers are victims of that enough. Getting illegally searched for not wearing a motorcycle helmets a classic. You wanna give those muppets the power of federal agencies? No thank you. 

most people on this server who go down the LEO route do not have the capability for portraying a realistic Fed. 

Now. I’m not opposed to LFM doing what IFM do. Which, if I haven’t misunderstood, is rping the “higher echelon” shall we say. IFM for example rp Cartel bosses or whatever for scenarios. I’m not opposed to legal faction management portraying federal officers in charge of using federal law and delegating through local police under a task force and overseeing that and making sure it’s done correctly. I am however directly opposed to the general player base being given access to Federal Agencies as an RP avenue. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic