RICO and disbanding factions

BadassBaboon

46 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

Some of you guys have to know, RICO wouldn't "kill" RP. Building an actual case takes months, I recall back on LSRP it took a whole year for one investigation to get concluded with a major RICO hit. It's not like cops would be able to disband a faction a few days after their investigation and what not. And the entire point of it is to go after established factions, not the throwaway ones, but either way? there should be consequences for whatever a faction does, not just killing cops, because right now they can get away with almost everything scot free.

This is what I was thinking. I feel like building a RICO case would be amazing RP. Not to mention, god forbid we have something that pushes both legal and illegal factions to be better, more creative in their dealings, actions and conversations. I highly doubt a RICO shutdown would happen very often. It’s not something you can just draw up over a couple of days. It would take months of dedicated work. As a criminal organization, you’d have to be doing something really wrong for that to happen and in certain cases, it should happen. LEO and criminal RP shouldn’t be balanced or neither side will ever have any reason to get better. Then we just repeat the same cycles over and over again. 

Edited by Cypher99

So we had RICO and we stopped using it because it was too much of a headache, that’s my understanding after being on the receiving end of it.

PD spent months investigating MCF and actually did a pretty decent job, but when the cases went to court a lot of the evidence ended up getting voided because it was gained through unrealistic/over powered bug placement. The biggest problem being PD placed bugs on the interior of vehicle trunks and used them not just to pick up conversations in the vehicle, but any conversation within 20 feet of a vehicle, even conversations in other unbugged vehicles.

although I agree with the evidence getting voided, it was understandably very discouraging for DB. Most of the people involved basically said fuck this, never again. From the DA’s office all the way down to the detectives. 

• Upvote 1

I think some of you are missing the point the shut-downs will have on the server.

Not every faction to exist will eventually be shut down. It's to enforce realistic standards. This known criminal organization has killed 300 on-duty police officers in the last year? Should probably look into that closing down. Actions have consequences, and if you don't wish for that consequence to be a shutdown of your faction then change your actions. It's great roleplay for both ends when done correctly anyway, some people just be a little too eager to keep hold of their official factions.

• Upvote 1
On 1/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, BadassBaboon said:

Some of you guys have to know, RICO wouldn't "kill" RP. Building an actual case takes months, I recall back on LSRP it took a whole year for one investigation to get concluded with a major RICO hit. It's not like cops would be able to disband a faction a few days after their investigation and what not. And the entire point of it is to go after established factions, not the throwaway ones, but either way? there should be consequences for whatever a faction does, not just killing cops, because right now they can get away with almost everything scot free.

^ This. 100%

I want RICOs on this server with THIS in mind.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, imi said:

People could see this as play-to-win or something that essentially aims to shut down an illegal faction

How is doing your job playing to win? Is a Criminal playing to win by trying to escape cops?

What a simplistic mentality.

Play to win means breaking the rules to win. Calling every IC attempt at IC victory 'play to win' devalues the words and makes them mean nothing.

4 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

How is doing your job playing to win? Is a Criminal playing to win by trying to escape cops?

What a simplistic mentality.

Play to win means breaking the rules to win. Calling every IC attempt at IC victory 'play to win' devalues the words and makes them mean nothing.

There’s a difference between your character wanting to win, and you (as a player) wanting to win. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic