RICO and disbanding factions

BadassBaboon

Can PD and/or SD disband a faction by hitting them with the RICO act? If they have enough incriminating evidence to convict a faction leader for example, or perhaps incarcerate a great number of their members to basically shrink the faction out of existence (remaining members being forced to run away or go into hiding, etc...)

10 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

Can PD and/or SD disband a faction by hitting them with the RICO act? If they have enough incriminating evidence to convict a faction leader for example, or perhaps incarcerate a great number of their members to basically shrink the faction out of existence (remaining members being forced to run away or go into hiding, etc...)

I’m fairly certain the RICO act was put on hold by LFM and senior management and never really addressed after that, unless I missed where they finally went through with it. 

6 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

The fuck? so cops only do traffic stops, respond to 911 and arrest people every now and then and that's that? that's sad.

I mean I know they have gang enforcement and the detective bureau and all that, but as far as being able to use RICO? I don’t think that was ever hashed out once it was put on hold. It was just forgotten.

Edited by Cypher99

A faction wont get disbanded easily, if a faction leader gets arrested he just sends shots from jail to the rest of the niggas, and certain faction have long lasting members that will always make new character if they are put in jail or if they die, no point 2 have it rlly

42 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

Nope. It's also stated that you shouldn't work towards getting a faction to shut down.

23 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

The fuck? so cops only do traffic stops, respond to 911 and arrest people every now and then and that's that? that's sad.

Sounds about right.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a dissidence on this server between the real life and IC priorities of LEO's wishing to fight the rampant crime and criminal OCG's, and the need to balance the powers of legal and illegal factions for the health of the server and it's respective communities. RICO or any law with a similar function does not currently exist on this server as far as I'm aware.

27 minutes ago, Peak. said:

I mean if DB / SD arrest so many the faction dissolves itself without us working towards it.

Can you give an example of a time this happened? Genuinely curious. I haven't seen many successful, large scale investigation that actually managed to turn the lights off for a faction, but I could just be not looking in the right places.

6 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

There's a dissidence on this server between the real life and IC priorities of LEO's wishing to fight the rampant crime and criminal OCG's, and the need to balance the powers of legal and illegal factions for the health of the server and it's respective communities. RICO or any law with a similar function does not currently exist on this server as far as I'm aware.

Can you give an example of a time this happened? Genuinely curious. I haven't seen many successful, large scale investigation that actually managed to turn the lights off for a faction, but I could just be not looking in the right places.

Yeah, correct me if I am wrong (public) but Tortilla Flats XIII got hit hard following this investigation: https://lspd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=1139&t=47928 

Lead to 8 members being killed/sentences following the deaths of 4 LSPD Officers.

A RICO bill has been asked for from various corners of the community, but has never been made a thing. On top of that, the last major OCG investigation by the LSPD has been on an LCN faction which then was nulled and approximately 90% voided by FM because the bug script at the time has been deemed broken / OP. Ever since, all major investigation have been put on hold until LFM figures their stuff out when it comes to these investigations and their consequences as well as ammendments to the script. As far as I know, this floating stage remains until this day, leading to investigations being limited to singular incidents and short-term investigations when it comes to organized crime in PD. Unsure on how SD handles those investigations.

Edited by orca112
  • Wuhtah locked this topic