Modify the Crime Restriction Rules - Port of Los Santos

Crime Restrictions - Port of Los Santos  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

The Port of LS has hundreds of blind spots and areas where you can easily be robbed. It's not a perfect spot. There are times of day where activity is much higher in certain areas than others. The only area that should be fully restricted in terms of realism is the terminal, since it's an entire security checkpoint where you're subject to constant monitoring, searches, ID checks and so on. 

As I said I think we’re misunderstanding each other. The actual terminal is the only thing I was arguing about, not the entirety of the port or the entire island. We agree that the actual terminal should be restricted. Everything else can be left open as a compromise to the other enforcement factions. My points were arguing about the terminal itself and I think we both have the same opinion in that being restricted 👍

Edited by Cypher99
5 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

As I said I think we’re misunderstanding each other. The actual terminal is the only thing I was arguing about, not the entirety of the port or the entire island. We agree that the actual terminal should be restricted. Everything else can be left open as a compromise to the other enforcement factions. My points were arguing about the terminal itself and I think we both have the same opinion in that being restricted 👍

Oh, I thought you were arguing that the ENTIRE port should be restricted the way it is currently. My bad lmao, you're right, we misunderstood.

20 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

Oh, I thought you were arguing that the ENTIRE port should be restricted the way it is currently. My bad lmao, you're right, we misunderstood.

Nope I apologize. In my mind when I say “port”, I associate the terminal itself, not the entire island/port area. I should’ve been more clear. The terminal where trucks come in to load up on supplies should be restricted and let everything else be open and play out however it goes IC. 

Edited by Cypher99
  • Upvote 1

• Restricted Crime Zone — any area where mugging or asportation (transporting a person from a location to mug them) cannot occur without clear permission being given by an admin beforehand. Other crimes in these areas, particularly crime that grabs attention such as shooting, are held to a higher standard. e.g; the burden is on the person deciding to shoot to prove that the situation could not have been done in a more secure location, or that the situation was pressing enough that it demanded immediate action. No other crimes are limited within this zone.
    • Restricted Crime Zones do not apply to scripted illegal factions with a historical claim to an area, such as a gang operating within their own neighborhood or neighborhoods they would realistically operate in based on their real life equivalent and in-character development. This should not be done excessively, however.

Either people confuse no crime areas with restricted crime zones or not read the rules properly. The port and Elysian Island are considered 'Restricted Crime Zone' and not 'No Crime Zone' as per the above definition which means all it does is to prevent random low quality robberies and meta kidnapping consisting of strip search and beat up in bumfuck nowhere to 110% gain every little item carried at minimal risk from individuals without any roleplay quality assurance or certain continuation in forms of an associated illegal faction. Any other type of crime is not limited from an out-of-character standpoint.

Truck drivers have been target of low quality meta robberies for a long time simply due to the fact that players knew the trucker payout is in cash through the script meaning that any robbery has been essentially a guranteed $5.000 and eventual firearm on top leading to abysmal portrayal for that sweet script gains. The moment payouts changed and robberies became less attractive, it shifted towards break-ins and Grand Theft Auto on vehicles parked on the different company lots, regardless of them being private or fleet vehicle with little regard or any risk of patrolling entities or CCTV coverage. Fleet vehicles came with the 'bonus' of having a guranteed dashcam  you can pawn in, other vehicles with a random chance of a firearm for your asset grab.

Having to rely on subpar roleplay for your faction does not work out speaking from experience in LEO roleplay. It is a soul draining, depressing process to rinse and repeat the same five scenarios with little to no value, knowing each one does not contribute to any character development or eventual roleplay avenues and turns into an unenjoyable chore - such as your average 'body and casings' call for LEOs or yet another 'my homie got shot' call for FD. I rather see that one well roleplayed scenario than ten shit situations everybody involved does not want to be apart of.

Generally you could say lift all restrictions and leave it up to common sense of the individual player, but that has evidently not worked  and probably never will. Are those flat bans the ideal solution the community wants? No, but they are the consequence the community and server deserves at this point to establish at least some sort of a realistic environment than a hostile wastelane in what should be a metropolis city before it inevitably turns into a glorified cops and robbers server.

• Upvote 4

This very rules has only be brought into existence by FM to stop SAPA, or Bureau of Safety in particular from becoming more “LEO” like. There has been put 0 thought into this rule and 0 communication with the gtaw community. I hate to see a big part of the community hurt by this rule and, It should be either rolled back or adjusted to Nexus his suggestion.

16 hours ago, orca112 said:

Either people confuse no crime areas with restricted crime zones or not read the rules properly. The port and Elysian Island are considered 'Restricted Crime Zone' and not 'No Crime Zone' as per the above definition which means all it does is to prevent random low quality robberies and meta kidnapping consisting of strip search and beat up in bumfuck nowhere to 110% gain every little item carried at minimal risk from individuals without any roleplay quality assurance or certain continuation in forms of an associated illegal faction. Any other type of crime is not limited from an out-of-character standpoint.

Truck drivers have been target of low quality meta robberies for a long time simply due to the fact that players knew the trucker payout is in cash through the script meaning that any robbery has been essentially a guranteed $5.000 and eventual firearm on top leading to abysmal portrayal for that sweet script gains. The moment payouts changed and robberies became less attractive, it shifted towards break-ins and Grand Theft Auto on vehicles parked on the different company lots, regardless of them being private or fleet vehicle with little regard or any risk of patrolling entities or CCTV coverage. Fleet vehicles came with the 'bonus' of having a guranteed dashcam  you can pawn in, other vehicles with a random chance of a firearm for your asset grab.

Having to rely on subpar roleplay for your faction does not work out speaking from experience in LEO roleplay. It is a soul draining, depressing process to rinse and repeat the same five scenarios with little to no value, knowing each one does not contribute to any character development or eventual roleplay avenues and turns into an unenjoyable chore - such as your average 'body and casings' call for LEOs or yet another 'my homie got shot' call for FD. I rather see that one well roleplayed scenario than ten shit situations everybody involved does not want to be apart of.

Generally you could say lift all restrictions and leave it up to common sense of the individual player, but that has evidently not worked  and probably never will. Are those flat bans the ideal solution the community wants? No, but they are the consequence the community and server deserves at this point to establish at least some sort of a realistic environment than a hostile wastelane in what should be a metropolis city before it inevitably turns into a glorified cops and robbers server.

But this seems like a problem that does not just happen in the port. 

I think we should try and fix issues icly instead of oocly. I agree that robbers should RP better, I myself have been robbed several times and it's always just a power game. 

But I am strongly against limiting and controlling aspects of the game oocly. It removes the dynamic if there is a person overwatching the scenario. Removing this dynamic makes patrolling the port as SAPA BOS way less fun, and the chances of you actually doing something have decreased by a lot aswell to the point its just driving on the port simulator 2022. 

Remove the rule or limit it to the terminal only and let's find ic solutions.

1. If truckers just don't carry any stuff on them that can be of any value there is no point in robbing them.

2. Also just don't stand outside alone or in a small group after 3am ig this is when most of these robberies happen.

3. Maybe the server could come up with some gate script where companies can close it during night time, make it so truckers can open and close it so that the their lots are safe at night. So that you don't get mugged walking to your car.

And SAPA will always try to find a working solution to improve both security and rp on the port. We would love to see more rp and people coming to the port both legal and illegal.

2 hours ago, Gregory Balaknovich said:

If truckers just don't carry any stuff on them that can be of any value there is no point in robbing them.

While I agree that the restriction should be limited to the port terminal only, this is a common misconception. Most trucking companies have dash cams that can be stolen and pawned. Even when truckers don’t carry anything, there are factions that target trucks for that and at rare times, simply for the RP.

I’ve been on one great trucking robbery where they stole the truck because of the contents inside (even though they can’t do anything with the crates script wise). I’m all for that.

But the idea that they won’t target trucks if drivers don’t carry anything? Yeah that doesn’t work, I’m afraid.

Edited by Cypher99