More Impactful /highlight

Jorgensen

Detailed Description

More impactful /highlight feature for accessibility, whether it plays a sound whenever the person(s) /highlight'd speaks or interacts, as of now, the command highlights /me and /dos from the highlighted individual. But, only gives talking lines a [!] at the start of it. In groups of large people this is problematic as people who are dsylexic already find it hard to difficult to pay attention to the chat while reading the highlighted roleplay lines (And a lot of other people talking whereas the chat is highlighted not so much when a /highlighted individual speaks). I'd like to suggest that talking is highlighted in a similar way to /me and /do lines so its easier to notice when the person you are interacting with directly says something. Or /highlight off sets the /highlighted players chat slightly.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

Improves the useability of /highlight as right now, in crowded areas it still proves a pain if there are a lot of people talking in one area.

• Upvote 2

Sure, maybe it could color the regular chat in a somewhat darker tint of the chosen color, so it doesn't seem like it's all emotes.

Just a tip: Don't forget /highlightcolor exists (try 00fbff for more contrast, works great even on lighter backgrounds), and use /timestamps to get more of a tell than just [!] at the start of a roleplay line.

f36YBnL.png

10 hours ago, stringer said:

I actually hate the fact that /me and /do change color when highlighted instead of using [!]. I'm against this and I honestly believe it all should just use [!] instead of that vomit pink.

My idea is to solve the fact that [!] doesn't help everyone. It's difficult to if you're in a crowded area where the chat is constantly being moved up. Cause the problem still stands of if you're dsylexic half the time you're still struggling to read the chat, so how is that symbol going to help when it isn't entirely noticable in normal circumstances?

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Kyra locked this topic